More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 22, 06:39:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Installed AL, new jump bugs
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Installed AL, new jump bugs  (Read 3412 times)
qvcatullus
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Installed AL, new jump bugs
« on: 2008 December 19, 21:39:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I installed AL and did my best to update hacks, but I suppose I missed something.
I noticed some jump bugs when taking a teen to a community lot. Then the lot got screwed over when all the characters were deleted or something and it switched into build/buy mode.

I noticed that several of the sims had their portraits regenerated and some had their LTW's fiddled with -- on a few different lots.

Anyhow, long story short, I tried to find a reproducible error to get a log of to see if that helped to find the problem. I found the following (attaching log) when I saw that sims would jump when asked to use telescopes -- and they were always given the $500 dollar award for discovering a planet twice.

Now, sure, the best way to find this is a binary search, but here's a related issue:
since installing AL the game takes a ridiculous amount of time to load. I start the game loading and go get a snack or watch tv now, and when I come back it's started if I'm lucky -- I haven't timed it but it has to be on the order of 10 minutes or more. So I'd rather not try to run a binary search a dozen or so times. It would help if I can narrow down what I am looking for.
And what on earth is making the game start up so slow?
« Last Edit: 2008 December 20, 01:42:49 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
Sette
Asinine Airhead

AKA Skankmelon AKA jackass

View Profile
Re: Installed AL, new jump bugs
« Reply #1 on: 2008 December 19, 21:49:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And what on earth is making the game start up so slow?

I assume you've patched AL and all your other EPs after the new installation.
Long load times can sometimes be solved by deleting your cache files.
Ten minute load times are just wrong.  I've over 4500 CC files and my game only takes two or three minutes.
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 December 19, 23:16:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As you do the binary search, set aside the files which you've determined to be clean.  That way, the number of files you load gets ever smaller as you narrow down the bad one.

Note that the mathematical efficiency of binary search rapidly declines if you have more than one bad file, which seems likely since you've recently updated your EPs.
Kazzandra
Pinheaded Pissant

spukhafte Fernwirkung

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 December 19, 23:35:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have any abduction hacks or any hacked telescopes? This was a major issue when Freetime came out, and if you're running AL, you're running Freetime as well, whether you have the EP or not.

Edited out an atrocious abuse of apostrophes.
« Last Edit: 2008 December 20, 00:26:49 by Kazzandra » Logged
qvcatullus
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 December 20, 00:16:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks!
It turned out to be an abduction hack that I thought I had taken out already.

The commlot jumping may be from another conflict, but since I haven't been able to pin that day to reproducible, I don't know for sure yet.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: