More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 15, 19:52:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Vending Machine snacks and OfB
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Vending Machine snacks and OfB  (Read 8417 times)
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Vending Machine snacks and OfB
« on: 2008 October 05, 14:18:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I decided to fire up one of my old OfB restaurant lots the other day and thought I'd give the menu a bit of an update. Guess what I found? You can now apparently select all of the snack foods from the new AL vending machines as well as the hotdog stand and vacation food stands. I don't think this is intentional however as the vending foods have no image or cooking skill, the hotdog stand hotdogs are listed as 'flapjacks' with no cooking skill and the vacation foods don't require cooking skill either.
I didn't actually choose any of them for fear of breaking my lot so I don't know if they work or not. I'd assume, as its EAxis, they don't.

Anyone willing to make something in the line of a mod that removes these foods from the restaurant menu options?
fatkitty
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Vending Machine snacks and OfB
« Reply #1 on: 2008 October 06, 02:26:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The vacation foods work just fine in an owned restaurant.  In fact, having them on the menu is the only way you'll ever be able to fulfill the "make chirashi" want.  I've not played a restaurant since installing AL so I can't vouch for what happens if you serve those items.
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 October 06, 11:57:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never had a Sim get the want to make chirashi. I didn't even know it was possible. Well at least I know the vacation foods are safe.
fatkitty
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 October 06, 14:03:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It doesn't happen often but when it does, it's usually after they eat some chirashi.
I've seen one of the other vacation foods as a want too, make flapjacks, I think it was.  I'd be interested to see what happens if the vending foods are on the menu.  I may have to try that out next time I play. Wink
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2008 October 06, 14:50:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never had a Sim get the want to make chirashi. I didn't even know it was possible.
I was so surprised by this seemingly impossible want that I took a screenshot.

The vacation foods work just fine in an owned restaurant.  In fact, having them on the menu is the only way you'll ever be able to fulfill the "make chirashi" want.
As I haven't run a restaurant business for a long time, I didn't know that BV food stand menu can be sold at owned restaurants. So, there IS a way to fulfill this seemingly impossible want...

Bugger
Lipless Loser

off on another strange Bugger tangent...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 October 09, 20:20:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As I haven't run a restaurant business for a long time, I didn't know that BV food stand menu can be sold at owned restaurants. So, there IS a way to fulfill this seemingly impossible want...

I have had 1 sim roll the want to make chirashi, and I wondered WTF I did to my game.  So am I reading it properly, that this want can be fufilled by owning a restaurant (and having a sim be the chef)?

<Dark_Trepie> Booty's go OHHH!. Pirate Booty's go ARRR!
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 October 12, 11:51:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would seem that way so long as chirashi is on the menu of your restaurant.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 October 13, 17:35:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So...what happens when a sim orderes an AL vending machine snack at a OFB restaraunt?  The waiter brings them the snack in a bag like it comes out of the machine but he's got it under a dome like they do with all the meals?   Huh  I just can't see how the different graphics/animations would mesh.

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
fatkitty
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 October 14, 02:48:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They bring them a dome with absolutely nothing under it.  The sims sits there and drinks water for a few hours, gets mad, the business loses a customer loyalty star and then they go back by the podium and start browsing the menu again.

Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 October 14, 04:58:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lol  I guess it would be best to take these off the menus then.

fatkitty
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 October 14, 15:24:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unless you're trying to go broke and alienate your customers. Grin
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 October 20, 14:07:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suppose I have only one thing to say really; what was I expecting with it being EAXIS? Something that actually worked?
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 October 20, 14:58:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, that was a bit 'meta' there; not sure whether you're referring to your OFB sims or to EAxis.  Wink

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 October 20, 17:01:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, that was a bit 'meta' there; not sure whether you're referring to your OFB sims or to EAxis.  Wink
lol! Cheesy

kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 October 21, 02:17:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also think the snacks need removing, and change flapjacks to Vienna Sausages (Another name for hotdogs, so they don't overwrite the other hotdogs.)

Edit: I just realized the hotdogs are the same, so you might as well disable all the Diner food except Gyros.
« Last Edit: 2008 October 21, 04:02:25 by parrot » Logged

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 October 21, 08:36:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I now have this image of the MATY sims making disapprove gestures while looking at SecuROM, all with the red "lost star" icon over their heads.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 October 29, 00:27:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I now have this image of the MATY sims making disapprove gestures while looking at SecuROM, all with the red "lost star" icon over their heads.
That would be awesome as a picture.  For anyone familiar with OFB and SecuROM, it'd totally make sense.  I love it.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: