More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 11, 19:23:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Whatever happened to bringrealfriends?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Whatever happened to bringrealfriends?  (Read 4964 times)
pbox
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
Whatever happened to bringrealfriends?
« on: 2008 May 02, 02:28:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used to have this hack, and loved it. It seems to have vaporized now .. I just went through all of the /ffs directories, no dice. Does it still exist? Or can anyone recommend an acceptable substitute?

(bringrealfriends used to make it so that sims would bring an actual friend when invited, and not some random stranger)
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Whatever happened to bringrealfriends?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 May 02, 05:19:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used to have this hack, and loved it. It seems to have vaporized now .. I just went through all of the /ffs directories, no dice. Does it still exist? Or can anyone recommend an acceptable substitute?

(bringrealfriends used to make it so that sims would bring an actual friend when invited, and not some random stranger)

I have no idea if this one also fixes that particular nuisance (will await the official word from Pescado himself, BUT, nodiningwithscum forces the game to assign a friend when your sim dines out (i have no idea how or when i got this one, had to have been when i was picking thru the Director's Cut, since it's not available on it's own).  My sims do seem to be bringing over friends, when they are granted permission to bring a friend along.

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 May 02, 07:11:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I assume it's been merged into some other mod.  nofraternization.package would be my guess.
I have the complete DC, and I've never seen sims bring anyone but actual friends to visit.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
pbox
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 May 02, 14:08:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the almost complete DC too -- I definitely have nofraternization, but I was thinking that only affects who they bring home *from work*? (What I'm looking for is something that deals with the phone invites, the "Can I bring a friend?" friend .. in my game, those "friends" are random folks, not friends)
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 May 02, 14:59:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I generally have sims invite people over only when I have a specific interaction in mind - becoming best friends, trying to boost a crush to love, woohoo, etc.  In this context, stray hangers on would be counterproductive so I usually don't let sims bring other people.  I usually only allow them to bring a friend if the playable sim needs more friends, and then I don't care who it is - it's a new sim to get to know.

In the MATY hood, I always allow, bring a friend, because I know it will be another MATY sim and there might be interesting story possibilities that arise.

Tribulatio proxima est
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2008 May 02, 21:29:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would also like such a hack, as well as one that causes the Seasons wishing-well to summon only playables. One of my sims needed a friend for work, so she wished for some friends, and the wishing well sent a bunch of townies that I'd never even seen before. I tend to segregate townies from playables in my game, and it gets annoying when the game wants my sims to bring townies home from work, or as visitors when an invited sim asks 'Can I bring my friend too?" I don't necessarily want sims that my playable already knows, but it would be nice of only playables were selected for invitation.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 May 03, 06:38:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pbox, I understand what you are asking for, but what might come vaguely close is Two Jeff's visitor controller. You can set it to only allow certain classes of sims on each lot and I believe friends is one of them. So you can roll the dice, "yes, bring your friend" and they will get harmlessly zorched away if they are not already friends. That might be a stopgap. (It's on simbology.com in case you don't have it.)

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 May 03, 07:00:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This hack was cut due to maintenance and the fact that nofraternization has effectively superceded it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 May 03, 21:27:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Twojeffs has a "bring friends dialog" for the school bus that does similar things. It lets you choose if you want to let the kids bring friends or not, and controls it so that the game will choose playables over non-playables. I don't remember if the functionality extends to the friends they bring home from work, but in any case you can find it on his new site (simbology).

pbox
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 May 04, 12:40:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the input everyone -- I already have the Visitor Controller and the bring-home-from-school one, but they don't do the same thing that I was hoping for .. ah well. Right now if I don't like who the sims bring along, I simply don't greet them, so it's not actually a problem in my game, just a missing/unuseable feature.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: