More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 22, 08:48:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Two Questions
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Two Questions  (Read 4356 times)
Athena
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Two Questions
« on: 2005 November 30, 00:58:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Question 1: Is there any way to un-zombiefy a Sim?  I learned that after you Zombie a Sim, then kill him, then resurrect him, even if you pay the full amount, you still get stuck with a Zombie.  I don't particularly like the Zombies (they freak me out, and I need to ply their faces with full-face make-up to make them less ugly), but my knowledge Sims all want to be them, and there's no way I'm making them Zombies if they'll be Zombies for forever.  Anyway in game or with SimPE to change Zombies to be normal Sims?

Question 2: I changed some things in my lots Downtown.  Since the default Downtown is the same in every Neighborhood, I don't want to go through the hassle of having to load up the same lots in another Neighborhood's Downtown, just to make the same exact changes.  I wanted to copy the files from Neighborhood 1 into Neighborhood 2.  I think this would work (would welcome any suggestions as to why it wouldn't so I can give up if it'll screw up my game), but because the file names (lot numbers) are different between my neighborhoods, I'm not sure which lots are the same.  How can I determine which file names correspond to which lots?  Again, either in game or in SimPE?
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
Re: Two Questions
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 30, 01:09:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't answer your 2nd question, nor am I sure about changing/curing a zombie in SimPe, but Carrigon has a mod (it's an item) that cures zombies. Good luck trying to get into VariousSimmers and trying to utilize the search feature in Carrigon's forum though, the site is very slow (or at least it was last time I visited. I haven't been there in a while).

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Hegelian
Undead Member

Viva o Acre Livre! Viva a Revolução!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 30, 01:34:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Question 2: I changed some things in my lots Downtown.  Since the default Downtown is the same in every Neighborhood, I don't want to go through the hassle of having to load up the same lots in another Neighborhood's Downtown, just to make the same exact changes.  I wanted to copy the files from Neighborhood 1 into Neighborhood 2.  I think this would work (would welcome any suggestions as to why it wouldn't so I can give up if it'll screw up my game), but because the file names (lot numbers) are different between my neighborhoods, I'm not sure which lots are the same.  How can I determine which file names correspond to which lots?  Again, either in game or in SimPE?

I have some experience with this since I was missing a bunch of lots from some of my downtowns and had to transfer them from the one intact downtown I did have (although one downtown has invalid entries for N3rD Pad and Liliflower--???). Just package the lots you want to duplicate and install them by double-clicking the packaged-lot file. This will make them available as lots that may be placed in neighborhood view. Go to the downtown where you want to place the customized lot, bulldoze the old lot, and place the customized one.

In the original game, you needed to move packaged lots out of the Packaged Lots folder (and perhaps even out of the My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 folder altogether) or you would only be able to place them once, but I've read somewhere that this is no longer necessary. I move my packaged lots to an archive folder anyway, just to be safe.

This is more cleanly done if you have the Clean Installer, since you can then specify to install just the lot file. With the Maxis default package installer, any custom content, hacks, etc. that get scooped up with the lot will be reinstalled with _0001 appended to the file name (instead of simply overwriting the existing file--doh!), resulting in duplicate files. For example, if you've used the wall from file wall_2ee2f041.package in your customized lot, it will be reinstalled by the Maxis package installer, and you will now have this file and also wall_2ee2f041_0001.package. With the Clean Installer, you can choose to install just the lotSegmentForUpload and leave out all the recolors, sims, clothing, makeup, hair, skin tones, and all the other stuff that gets packaged with your lot--you have all that stuff in your game already.

"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country." —  Hermann Göring
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 30, 02:07:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I redecorated 2 lots: The 50's, and Bowling Lanes, then I packaged them, and when I get a new copy of the Downtown - I delete the 2 lots, and insert my packaged ones.

You have to choose which lots you want your sims to visit, redecorate them, package them, and now your problems are gone...Smiley.
Athena
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 30, 02:30:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, you guys Smiley

I downloaded Carrigon's hacked tarot cards for the "remove zombie curse" hack (had to check the various threads since the search function there is kind of effed up), and I shall follow Hegelian and gali's advice on packaging the lots Cheesy
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 30, 03:39:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2- You don't really need to package your lot, here is what I personally do.

a- Make modification you want to the lot, save and return to neighborhood view.

b- Move the lot into the "lots & housebin"

c- Place the lot back where it originally was

d- You will notice that the lot you place the "lots & housebins" is now permanent (it made a copy of it) and you can use it over and over again, it is a new feature that comes with Nightlife.  You can use it for any empty houses or community lots.   I used it to create my custom University section and place lots from all 3 basic college and modify them and can now used them as often as I want.  When I get tired of them, I delete them from the lots & housebin.

As for changing back a zombie to a human I have no idea if this can be done since the changes are made directly into the character file.  I guess there is an hack somewhere but I would read to make sure it works ok before I used it.  Zombies are a bit like aliens.
« Last Edit: 2005 November 30, 04:15:41 by MissDoh » Logged
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 30, 03:49:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MissDoh, the lots have to be packaged, because, if there is a need to reinstall the game, or restore a previous saved neighbourhood - you will always have the package to install.

I do it all the time: I have packages of a community lot, "new" Gym (university), the two Downtown lots, a house for students, and a house for the neighbourhood residents.

I keep all of them in a special folder on my desktop, and each time I change the neighbourhood, or reinstall the game - they are ready for use.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 November 30, 03:50:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh Gali I found an easier way than packaging to have a back-up, I simply copy the "lotcatalog" folder which will do the same as a back-up.  Less time consuming and same result  Wink

EDIT:  Of course the custom objects are not package with the lots if I only copy the folder but since right now I don't have the intention of deleting any custom things I have it is not a problem for me but it could for others.
« Last Edit: 2005 November 30, 03:56:14 by MissDoh » Logged
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 November 30, 03:58:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh Gali I found an easier way than packaging to have a back-up, I simply copy the "lotcatalog" folder which will do the same as a back-up.  Less time consuming and same result  Wink

EDIT:  Of course the custom objects are not package with the lots if I only copy the folder but since right now I don't have the intention of deleting any custom things I have it is not a problem for me but it could for others.

Lol, it's another choise (suggested by you), but I like to be safe - just hate to work too much.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 November 30, 04:01:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Both ways are fine and since I am a little lazy  Tongue  I always look for the easiest solution for me lol.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: