More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 13, 04:12:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Morality hack? or a conflict?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Morality hack? or a conflict?  (Read 5157 times)
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
Morality hack? or a conflict?
« on: 2006 February 06, 02:37:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've just had an odd occurrence in my game, and I am looking for suggestions/advice. I have the director's cut of MATY, a few TwoJeffs hacks, including pregnancy for all, and Lizzloves' bed, but no other hacks.

I have an adult female romance sim, recently graduated from college, and she is living alone. She has lots of lovers come over, but for some reason, she never gets the opportunity to try for baby. She wasn't already pregnant, and I got her pregnant using boolprop testingcheats. Any ideas?

This is the first time the problem has come up in the hood I am playing at the moment, since I am playing out an historical scenario, and mostly the sims are married, but this one is the mistress.

Hegelian
Undead Member

Viva o Acre Livre! Viva a Revolução!

View Profile
Re: Morality hack? or a conflict?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 February 06, 03:08:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This may not be your problem, but Reg and I have noticed that the no-jealousy function in Jeff's casual romance hack doesn't appear to work on a lot if Lizzlove's autonomous bed is present. We've been using Lizzlove's no jealousy hack to get around this. Just speculation, but perhaps there's still a check being made for relationships?

"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country." —  Hermann Göring
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 February 06, 20:37:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You did say "true" or "on" in the "try for baby" option on Lizz's bed, right?
FreakyRufus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 February 06, 21:31:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You did say "true" or "on" in the "try for baby" option on Lizz's bed, right?

I think that option only effects an autonomous attempt for a baby.  You are supposed to be able to still tell your sims to try for baby.

From http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=82193:
Try for Baby Yes or No… (Default No)
Just what it says, will the sims try for a baby on their own or not.
SIMplyLisa
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 February 06, 22:02:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been using Lizzloves bed and twojeffs preg for all but not the casual romance mode. The option for "try for a baby" works fine both autonomously and if I select it for them. In fact its working too well, I've had 4 college girls end up pregnant on campus! 

Did you try putting a standard Maxis bed on the lot to see if the missing baby option is only on the waterbed? 

Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 February 07, 01:58:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I couldn't try for baby in the hot tub or the photo booth, but no, I didn't replace the bed. I will try that.

Have had no troubles trying for baby or conceiving accidentally on any other lots with the same hacks and items. The only difference was that both parents were a married couple both living on the lot in all other cases. That's why I thought it was some kind of morality issue.  Undecided

simmiecal
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 February 07, 02:05:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have had no troubles trying for baby or conceiving accidentally on any other lots with the same hacks and items. The only difference was that both parents were a married couple both living on the lot in all other cases. That's why I thought it was some kind of morality issue.  Undecided

Was the relationship score high enough between the two that they would have been able to woo hoo without Lizz's bed? I know you can set the bed to "swinger" mode so you can woo hoo with anything that moves, but maybe there is some kind of relationship check for try for baby? (I don't think so....grasping at straws here.)

This wouldn't have happened in Strangetown or Veronaville or in a custom neighborhood where you cloned some of the sims from those neighborhoods? I know the screwed up DNA in those neighborhoods can cause some weird things to happen.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 February 07, 02:09:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The relationship was high enough for them to woohoo on the damn kitchen table. 100/100.

Yes it's Veronaville, but I nuked all characters before I started. I don't think it can be a neighbourhood wide problem because their have been pregnancies in all other households.

simmiecal
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 February 07, 02:18:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The relationship was high enough for them to woohoo on the damn kitchen table. 100/100.

Damn! Gotta get me that hack!  Cheesy  Cheesy

Yes it's Veronaville, but I nuked all characters before I started. I don't think it can be a neighbourhood wide problem because their have been pregnancies in all other households.

Sorry. Out of ideas - except I'm pretty sure that it's gotta be a conflict of some kind. I don't think the modders that brought us risky woohoo, "swinger" bed settings, pregnancy for all, teen pregnancies, etc would be having some kind of problem with unmarried sims having children and force a certain morality on us.  Wink
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 February 07, 03:21:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I couldn't try for baby in the hot tub or the photo booth, but no, I didn't replace the bed. I will try that.

There is a fix by twojeffs so Sims can have the "try for baby" option in the photo booth, it is mess up if you don't add this fix.
SIMplyLisa
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 February 07, 03:37:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gee I think if you turn off the "Family Checks" option on the waterbed even close family members are far game! Doesn't sound like morality is a factor. Sounds like the house is broken since other houses are working ok. It wasn't a Uni house was it?
eaglezero
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 February 07, 08:39:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have the newest version of the pregnancy for all hack? If you don't, that could be what's causing it.

"If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it."
- WC Fields
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: