More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 12, 17:56:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Simysteries - anyone know why.......?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Simysteries - anyone know why.......?  (Read 37154 times)
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Simysteries - anyone know why.......?
« Reply #75 on: 2006 January 15, 01:18:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd read about it on other sites, but never actually used it.   It did give me a good laugh though, seeing Cassandra as just a head. Grin

I went outside once...the graphics were shit.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2006 January 15, 01:25:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did she KNOW she didn't have a body? Grin

Zephyr Zodiac
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2006 January 15, 01:35:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, amazing isn't it...She did play cops and robbers with her son, but that proved a bit difficult when her head was at floor level.  You want a good laugh, you should try it sometime....

I went outside once...the graphics were shit.
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2006 January 15, 02:20:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

.... but that proved a bit difficult when her head was at floor level.  You want a good laugh, you should try it sometime....

Gosh, head at floor level... I keep thinking about Japanese horror movies, terrifying and hilarious at the same time Cheesy. This would be very good material if you are the kind who plays to tell stories - "Oh.My.God. Did you hear about Cassandra? Don cheated on her and the poor girl lost her head!"
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2006 January 15, 04:20:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Something interesting happened to me the other day, because I play pretty stupidly and sloppily sometimes. I had a family of three, with a live-in cousin who was acting as the nanny. The husband got stuck in the car, and I boolprop testingcheatsetc'd him, and accidentally hit "delete." I said "eh" because he was a pretty boring dude. Poof, the car disappears and so does he. His portrait went away in normal play, and in SimPE I made him dead and made the family's daily/lifetime zero so they would stop rolling up wants to talk/kiss/play with him, and I "unmarried" the husband and wife. "Daddy went to the store for eggs and never came back, mmmkay?"

The problem is that he still appears in the family's loading screen, lurking in the background creepily while the wife cuddles with her new husband and baby. Is there any way to completely get rid of him?

Speaking of...here is a mini-mystery. The left-behind wife, while wanting to see her disappeared husband, also rolled the want to fall in love, and to have another baby. So I had her fall in love with another fellow in the nieghborhood (I don't have the casual romance mod), and got her pregnant, and then removed everything in SimPE that related to their romantic relationship, so she would leave him alone (he was engaged to someone else). I severed their ties--made them friends and buddies only. And then, with absolutely no romantic feelings, she rolled up the want to get engaged to her babydaddy.

I figured it must be meant to be, so I had them fall in love again, and now they are happy as clams.

Also, what is the difference between "friends" and "buddies" in SimPE?

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2006 January 15, 04:31:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First the easy one: friends are friends, buddies are best friends.

Now, when you got rid of the husband, did you make him a ghost?  Is he linked or unlinked?  Do the family have memories of his death?  If not, you need to go into Neighbourhood Memories and give them all the appropriate memory.  Add it at the end of their memories, then move it up to where you want it to be.  You will also need to edit the wife's family ties, as she may still have dead husband shown as the "married to" tie.  All in all, not the easiest thing to do to make sure you get it right.

Next time you accidentaly delete a sim, just save, exit and reload, they will reappear at the mailbox.  If the sim is boring, there are ways of changing their characters to make them a little more interesting, and changing aspirations can also give them more zap!

Zephyr Zodiac
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2006 January 15, 04:32:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure how to get rid of him since he's not dead, but I know one possible way to get him back; I had something of a situation like yours. Had the Caliente sisters go downtown, but when they arrived, only Nina was controllable, then when it's time to go home, only Nina got out of the car. Dina went MIA and her thumbnail had also disappeared. I used Inge's teleporter to summon her onto the lot then move her back in. Everything appeared to be fine since Undecided.

Next time you accidentaly delete a sim, just save, exit and reload, they will reappear at the mailbox.

Oh good, reassuring to read that it's actually okay to delete. I wasn't sure of this before Tongue. Had a problem with Darleen Dreamer on Monique's hacked pc (she was somehow able to email Darren's long dead father even though his name wasn't available in the mass email list, not to mention the late father-in-law has no character data!), she kept resetting and finally, I hit 'Delete' instead of 'Reset' in debug mode. Was so glad when I saved, exited, went back in and she was standing by the mailbox Lips sealed.
« Last Edit: 2006 January 15, 04:41:09 by CuriousSpurious » Logged
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2006 January 15, 04:34:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

friends = friends
Buddies = best friends
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2006 January 15, 04:38:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks you guys. I think I should be sending my subscription fee directly to ZZ.

I did make him a ghost, but I did not tinker with his family's relationships the way you described. I am NOT that awesome.  Tongue And I don't really want him back, because the family's working out much better with the stepfather. Although it might be fun to bring him back and say that he had to fake his death for insurance purposes...I think I saw that on "Knots Landing" once.  Grin

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2006 January 15, 04:43:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ROFL!

Zephyr Zodiac
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: 2006 January 15, 05:31:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, here's a mystery if ever there was one.  Why does Komei Tellerman have a wet patch in a strategic place on his work uniform?  (see pic).  And no, he didn't make the pool of water, it was a leaky toilet. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2006 January 15, 05:38:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe he didn't get there in time?

Zephyr Zodiac
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2006 January 15, 09:43:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It just looks like a shadow to me...
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2006 January 15, 09:51:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Strange place for a shadow! Grin

Zephyr Zodiac
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: 2006 January 15, 10:18:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed that with a few of my medical career track sims as well...

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2006 January 15, 10:21:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe it's due to having an "accident" while in the middle of an op!

Zephyr Zodiac
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2006 January 16, 00:48:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's probably a joke. Low level medical types, recently graduated students, often go without sleeping or, er, other necessities, for days at a time. So it's probably not a wet patch as much as a permanent stain from repeated wet patches.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2006 January 16, 00:57:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How Komei would hate that!  ROFL!  (He's one sim I really enjoy torturing!  In one game I had a sim offer him lessons on the Assault Course, and keep him there until he nearly dropped from exhaustion!  In another, he and Joe Carr each have aliens kids having got themselves abducted - the telescope was there, they chose to stargaze!)

Zephyr Zodiac
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2006 January 16, 23:30:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Komei is SUCH a tool. He was made to be tortured. My Sims RUN the other way when they see him hanging out somewhere. I love this thread!

Here's another one: babies used to age up in my game, even when aging for all other Sims was turned off. Now babies are frozen along with everyone else. I used this before Univeristy to give Brandi Broke her ten million children. It was more bearable if there was one baby at a time and many toddlers. When did this change?

FreakyRufus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2006 January 16, 23:33:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In another, he and Joe Carr each have aliens kids having got themselves abducted - the telescope was there, they chose to stargaze!)

I've seen a lot of posts about sims being abducted.  Are you using some kind of hack/cheat for that to happen?  My understanding was that there was like a 1% or 2% chance of being abducted without mods.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2006 January 16, 23:37:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I personally use TJ's higher chance of abduction hack (which has now been modified to reduce the chances from his original version) for my Sims.  It's too few and far between otherwise, and if I don't want an abduction, I don't place the expensive telescope on the lot.
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2006 January 16, 23:51:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's another one: babies used to age up in my game, even when aging for all other Sims was turned off. Now babies are frozen along with everyone else. I used this before Univeristy to give Brandi Broke her ten million children. It was more bearable if there was one baby at a time and many toddlers. When did this change?

Really? Maybe I remembered incorrectly, but I seem to recall the babies don't age with aging off. It was a long time ago with TS2, before I knew any cheats beyond what was provided in the readme, nor of mods and hacks. I was (stupidly) trying to fufil a family sim's want of 10 children, so I had aging off until the next new baby came along so that the age gap won't be too big between the siblings and before the parents hit elder stage. I thought the aging off cheat affects all sims on the lot?
SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2006 January 17, 08:54:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In another, he and Joe Carr each have aliens kids having got themselves abducted - the telescope was there, they chose to stargaze!)

I've seen a lot of posts about sims being abducted.  Are you using some kind of hack/cheat for that to happen?  My understanding was that there was like a 1% or 2% chance of being abducted without mods.

Considering where you are posting this: duh!  Grin

I use the red and the blue telescope from hmmm... 2Jeffs? Don't remember who made those but they are great. The blue one makes it 5 times more likely they will be abducted and the red one makes it 10 times as likely. Just seems less like cheating when I don't make them get abducted...

INTJ
Dea
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2006 January 17, 09:05:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a few more little puzzlers!

1.  Why is the Skip Broke that remembers his relationships with his family not the same Skip Broke that Brandi has memories of in Neighbourhood Memories?

2. Why does Beau Broke, a toddler when the game begins, have the Knowledge aspiration?

3. Why does Alexander Goth have the Fortune aspiration.

4. Why does Alexander Goth have a Furious token when he's never been furious with anyone?

5. And  why isn't Dina Caliente Dina Bachelor, or Michael Bachelor Michael Caliente?

1.  There is 2 Skip Broke Character Files...Brandi is thinking of the original Skip instead of his replacement...Darleen,Micheal and Nervous(ST) also have clone character files...
2. and 3. Beau doesnt actually have the knowledge aspiration, if youll notice most of his wants at least when he turns into a child will center around Knowledge Wants.  Most children have Aspiration Tokens.  And its random.  I have seen Alex with Popularity token.  I think its just a token so that they will ahve certain wants that all relate to each other.
4.  I never noticed that
5.  Maxis always does wierds things that we dont have a clue about.  Its just like why dont the Singles girls have their own last names.

ISFJ
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2006 January 17, 11:23:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, the very first hack I ever installed was the Always Abduct telescope!

1.  There is 2 Skip Broke Character Files...Brandi is thinking of the original Skip instead of his replacement...Darleen,Micheal and Nervous(ST) also have clone character files...
2. and 3. Beau doesnt actually have the knowledge aspiration, if youll notice most of his wants at least when he turns into a child will center around Knowledge Wants.  Most children have Aspiration Tokens.  And its random.  I have seen Alex with Popularity token.  I think its just a token so that they will ahve certain wants that all relate to each other.
4.  I never noticed that
5.  Maxis always does wierds things that we dont have a clue about.  Its just like why dont the Singles girls have their own last names.

I'm aware there are two skip Broke files (plus many others) but itdoesn't explain why she was married to one but "knows" the other!

Look in simPE and you will see that Beau has the Knowledge aspiration right at the beginning of his Memories.  Alexander has the Fortune aspiration in the same place!

The singles girls don't have their own lasdt names because, except in Uni, there is no way to put more than one sim in a family with separate surnames.  However, if it bothers you, you can use simPE to give them the last names of their mothers by checking their family tree to find out what it is.

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: