More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 18, 16:09:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Freetime and Autonomous Eating
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Freetime and Autonomous Eating  (Read 5383 times)
imyourboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Freetime and Autonomous Eating
« on: 2008 June 15, 15:09:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I did the search and I couldn't seem to find anything on this but ever since I installed Freetime my Sims won't fix food on their own.  They will die before they will go to the fridge to fix anything.

I even sold the fridge and got new freetime fridges thinking maybe that was the problem but to no avail.

Is there any fix for this at all anywhere, I hate that they won't fix food unless I tell them to.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Freetime and Autonomous Eating
« Reply #1 on: 2008 June 15, 15:36:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't look at me. I wouldn't know, and even if it were true, I sure as hell ain't fixing it. Sim-autonomous eating is dumb as a rock and if they DON'T, that's an improvement over mass-lobster-incineration.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 June 15, 18:29:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this same problem, as talked about here:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,11958.msg337783/topicseen.html#msg337783

I'm playing with the "leftovers" array by Dizzy, which you can find at Laden Swallow, and suspected I might have something wrong with these, but all my versions were up to date. Strangely, after exiting the game and restarting, the problem was gone. Baffled as to why that ship suddenly righted itself, but I won't complain. Still, no, you're not alone. I've seen the same problem reported by others as well with no real, reliable fix found so far.

I'm also firmly anti-lobsterthermidoricide (these stupid fracks can NOT be trusted to manage their own hunger), and while Dizzy's leftovers system isn't perfect, it's a damn sight better than leaving these idjits to their own devices.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 June 15, 19:15:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I may eventually get around to making a "FOOD EATS YOU!" device which will basically function as a signal-light for sims seeking food with a modulated advertisement and autocalc food selection. Then you just keep them from autonomously entering the kitchen. But I have no real way to test this.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 June 15, 23:12:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I may eventually get around to making a "FOOD EATS YOU!" device which will basically function as a signal-light for sims seeking food with a modulated advertisement and autocalc food selection. Then you just keep them from autonomously entering the kitchen. But I have no real way to test this.
You could just sync it up with the FFS security system so that the security system won't allow non-hungry sims into a particular area. Kitchen, Pantry, whatever. Better yet, modify the security system by adding a hook for a generic monitoring device. Any given device, such as "FOOD EATS YOU", can be programmed to look for a security system and call the "set condition monitor" routine on the system. The security system can then be set to allow/reject sims based on a report from "generic monitoring device". Generic Monitoring Device (in this case, FOOD EATS YOU) does whatever calculations it sees fit on the sim trying to enter the area and reports back to the security system whether the sim should be allowed to pass.

You could have all sorts of monitoring devices. A heart-rate monitor, modeled after an EKG, that checks Energy so that you can kick sleepy sims out of couch areas or block them from espresso machines, or *only* allow sims with 50% Energy or better into the exercise room. Torture devices that lock all the exits to a boring, uncomfortable room when a sim inside drops too low on Fun or Comfort. And now I'm trying to think of a way to have a device lock the door when someone tries to remove trash from a filthy room...
Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 June 16, 03:39:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Sims are also idiots when it comes to eating, and, you know, staying alive. I've gotten to the point where I refuse to save them. I lost four Sims the other day because they would not eat! It's okay though. They were Elders and, therefore, had already contributed to the gene pool.

Dea
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 June 16, 19:18:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would rather control my sims eating, if they did it automatically they would always eat cereal. Since cereal isn't satisfying enough they would need to eat a million bowls a day (yes, I exaggerated).

ISFJ
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 June 16, 19:49:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have also noticed this reluctance to cook so tested it today. At one stage, one of my sims was simply standing still getting hungrier and hungrier, so I directed another sim to serve breakfast and she autonomously went downstairs to get some, just in time as her hunger bar was in the red.

But a while later the same sim actually died of hunger while she was cooking, as she left it too late.

More F than you
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 June 16, 20:03:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can't have it auto-shoo simmies from the kitchen the way the BUY kicks out sims? Or does it only kick them out if they aren't going to wee?

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2008 June 17, 00:13:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And here I am using hacks to STOP my sims from autonomously making food. I just use 'Macro../Eat' when I notice them getting hungry. To each his, own, I guess.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
imyourboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 June 17, 00:19:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And here I am using hacks to STOP my sims from autonomously making food. I just use 'Macro../Eat' when I notice them getting hungry. To each his, own, I guess.

Well, prior to Freetime my Sims would only prepare food when they were hungry and I didn't have a problem with the cooking lobster all the time.  Once in a while they would do the turkey but hardly ever lobster.  My sims never just fixed cereal.  They always made logical decisions on food for some reason and in my families with children one of the parents would always seem to prepare a meal, so I really miss that.  Now all they do is get hungrier and hungrier and scream about it unless I send one down to prepare a meal, then they will all eat with no problem.  They will do the stuff face but never even take a leftover out of the fridge.  I have Dizzy's hacks in and they will put leftovers in but they won't take one out.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2008 June 17, 00:45:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, I see how that could be a problem. Monique at InSim has some sort of hack that makes sims fix the proper food for the proper hunger-level, and to automatically serve food, instead of only making a single meal, based on whether or not other sims in the household are hungry, but it's only been updated through BV. It may still work for FT, though.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 June 17, 08:18:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am also seeing more stuffing of faces. Not even Servos are cooking now, they used to drive me nuts by serving dessert all the time but my other sims only cooked when they were hungry.

More F than you
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: