More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 03:50:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 17 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1738760 times)
Rolfy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #2425 on: 2010 May 02, 15:55:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Possible BFBVFS? Are you sure this is caused by AM? Or maybe AM clashed with other mod you installed? Try removing AM and run your game again.

Removed AM, the red is gone, so yes this is an AM problem. So what's next?
I only have one idea, in the AM manual these are the instructions:

INSTRUCTIONS:
Place in TS3/Mods/Packages. Requires Hack Framework.
Install optional configuration package.
Delete the file MYDOCU~1/ELECTR~1/THESIM~1/scriptcache.package.

Which differs to the instructions in the how to install the FW & AM Thread http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,17454.msg504479.html#msg504479

3.  Download a new copy of AwesomeMod, unzip it and copy the AwesomeMod file first into The Sims 3 directory.

So what do I do?

UPDATE

I tried using the install directions in the AM manual, now, I get this...

« Last Edit: 2010 May 02, 22:20:22 by Rolfy » Logged

Check out Beauty Central showcased on my Mini-site at TSR. And visit the Home of Beauty Central at SID!
Kazoona
Asinine Airhead

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #2426 on: 2010 May 02, 16:41:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, here I go again... (Ready to be burned, but hopeful.)

I have the Base: 1.11.7 version of the game, and I installed AM using these http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,17454.msg504479.html#msg504479 directions. When I enter the game, everything is colored red, except the inside of a house if I go into live mode. Does anyone know what causes this and\or what I did wrong?

*snipped pic*

Thank you.

The problem described in this thread sounds and looks similar: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,17625.msg509155.html . Did you check your graphics card drivers?
Rolfy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2427 on: 2010 May 02, 22:22:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, here I go again... (Ready to be burned, but hopeful.)

I have the Base: 1.11.7 version of the game, and I installed AM using these http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,17454.msg504479.html#msg504479 directions. When I enter the game, everything is colored red, except the inside of a house if I go into live mode. Does anyone know what causes this and\or what I did wrong?

*snipped pic*

Thank you.

The problem described in this thread sounds and looks similar: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,17625.msg509155.html . Did you check your graphics card drivers?

I have read through the thread, checked my drivers and I did update them last month, I have GeForce GTS 250 version 197.45, so, any other thoughts?

UPDATE
I've removed AM, re loaded the pre-AM (clean) version of my game and everything is back to normal. I want to awesome my game... Just not sure how.

Check out Beauty Central showcased on my Mini-site at TSR. And visit the Home of Beauty Central at SID!
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2428 on: 2010 May 02, 23:30:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try rolling back your drivers instead? I haven't seen these particular issues but when I updated to 197.45 I did start getting crashes to bluescreen nvblahblah.dll has failed. I rolled back to an older driver and haven't had any problems since. So it may actually be an incompatibility with the newer drivers.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #2429 on: 2010 May 03, 06:04:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had floating land when I inadvertently installed Riverview.sims3pack into a .dbc cache, as well as having Riverview.world in my 'worlds' folder.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #2430 on: 2010 May 03, 12:24:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you running other mods, and have you tried removing them and running AM on it's own, even with a fresh game rather than an old save.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Rolfy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2431 on: 2010 May 03, 12:32:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try rolling back your drivers instead? I haven't seen these particular issues but when I updated to 197.45 I did start getting crashes to bluescreen nvblahblah.dll has failed. I rolled back to an older driver and haven't had any problems since. So it may actually be an incompatibility with the newer drivers.

Hmm, I see. Okay I will check that out.

I had floating land when I inadvertently installed Riverview.sims3pack into a .dbc cache, as well as having Riverview.world in my 'worlds' folder.

Floating land? Ouch. I don't even have Riverview installed right now so I don't think that's an issue, but thanks.

Are you running other mods, and have you tried removing them and running AM on it's own, even with a fresh game rather than an old save.

Yeah, I recently thought of that, the only mods I have are things like Delphy's sliders, Johan sliders, but I didn't think that AM would conflict with regular downloads like hair, skin, clothes, accessories, patterns, etc, does it? Cause I have quite a bit of those.  

wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #2432 on: 2010 May 03, 12:46:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I recently thought of that, the only mods I have are things like Delphy's sliders, Johan sliders, but I didn't think that AM would conflict with regular downloads like hair, skin, clothes, accessories, patterns, etc, does it? Cause I have quite a bit of those.  

Try removing them anyway.  Some hairs have been know to cause problems at different times, and while it seems a direct conflict with AM is unlikely, anything is possible.  I use some of the sliders, and no problems, but the best way to troubleshoot is to try everything, no matter how small or inconsequential it may seem.

Drop ALL mods/CC except for AM, clear the caches, then start a fresh new game and see what happens.  If the game runs properly, try adding the mods/CC slowly and keep checking until you can identify where the problem is.  A fresh new game helps eliminate a dying game as the problem.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Rolfy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2433 on: 2010 May 03, 13:00:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try removing them anyway.  Some hairs have been know to cause problems at different times, and while it seems a direct conflict with AM is unlikely, anything is possible.  I use some of the sliders, and no problems, but the best way to troubleshoot is to try everything, no matter how small or inconsequential it may seem.

Drop ALL mods/CC except for AM, clear the caches, then start a fresh new game and see what happens.  If the game runs properly, try adding the mods/CC slowly and keep checking until you can identify where the problem is.  A fresh new game helps eliminate a dying game as the problem.

Okay. I will do that, but I just have two questions, (and this is where I get burned) In the AM download thread, there are 2 zip files; mirror 1 & mirror 2, is there a difference between the two? And where do I put the AM file, in the Mods folder or the base Sims 3 folder? 

myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2434 on: 2010 May 03, 15:32:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Both links are for the same file. Install the awesome.package file (and the config if you use it) into your mods/packages folder.
Rolfy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2435 on: 2010 May 03, 15:59:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Both links are for the same file. Install the awesome.package file (and the config if you use it) into your mods/packages folder.

Thank you.

UPDATE

Try removing them anyway.  Some hairs have been know to cause problems at different times, and while it seems a direct conflict with AM is unlikely, anything is possible.  I use some of the sliders, and no problems, but the best way to troubleshoot is to try everything, no matter how small or inconsequential it may seem.

Drop ALL mods/CC except for AM, clear the caches, then start a fresh new game and see what happens.  If the game runs properly, try adding the mods/CC slowly and keep checking until you can identify where the problem is.  A fresh new game helps eliminate a dying game as the problem.

I started a clean version of the game, no CC- just AM, and the same thing happened, but I figured out what was wrong. When I downloaded AM I also downloaded the framework zip found here http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15184.0.html, I put the d3dx9_31.dll file into TS3\Game\Bin folder, the resource.cfg file AND the DDFMap.txt notepad into TS3\Mods\Packages folder. When I deleted the DDFMap.txt file and threw it into the garbage, I went back and re-loaded the game and it worked perfectly... with AM installed.

I am now going to update my game to WA, and re-add my CC (step by step of course) and see if it still works.

Comments?

UPDATE
I am now... AWESOME! Finally!
My game is now completely updated, TS3:WA version 2.6.11. AM is in my game and there is no black or red screen. I'm quite positive that the problem was that DDFMap.txt. included in the framework zip on-site, now that I have not used it, everything seems to run smoothly.

Thank you to all that responded,

Rolfy AKA: AWESOME Cool
« Last Edit: 2010 May 03, 17:39:50 by Rolfy » Logged

FantaaOrange
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2436 on: 2010 May 06, 19:54:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My awesome mod expired, so I downloaded the update from this thread (http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15185.0.html) and replaced the old awesome mod with the new one.
But when I load the game it still says it has expired. I have already downloaded the 1.11/2.6/3.2 patch from the Sims 3 website. Is the newest awesome mod not compatible with that yet? Please help me, I've spent all day looking for this. I can't play the Sims until I fix this, because once you go awesome mod you can't go back. I'm going to have to lose all my saved games if I want to play it again. Please help me, I've searched everywhere. Thanks (:
« Last Edit: 2010 May 06, 20:08:16 by FantaaOrange » Logged
cassblonde
Exasperating Eyesore

Lazy Lurker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2437 on: 2010 May 07, 19:52:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This has been covered. I think the last time someone came whining about it they were told to clear their web browser cache and re-download.

I'm an apathetic sociopath, I'd kill you if I cared.
FantaaOrange
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2438 on: 2010 May 08, 11:00:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've done that and it still says it's expired.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2439 on: 2010 May 08, 11:08:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it still says that, you've pulled a Ness.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Rainbow_Brite
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2440 on: 2010 May 12, 02:20:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've done that and it still says it's expired.

You need to overwrite the old files with the new AM files that you downloaded. If that doesn't work, make sure you update your aweconfig.package file as well (if you use it). Also to be safe, I would delete all of your caches: CASPartCache, compositorCache, scriptCache and simCompositorCache. You can find them in C:/My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3. I do this anytime I add new mods to the game or update anything.
« Last Edit: 2010 May 12, 02:27:56 by Rainbow_Brite » Logged

rampancy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: 2010 May 15, 04:55:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any way to adjust the rate in which uncontrolled Sims hook up with each other? I extended my Sims life a bit, but its Search For A Mate is stymied by the fact that everyone, it seems, already has a partner.

Aria: The way to get souls to the Karma Portals is with Karma Vehicles, which run on Karma Track and are dispatched from Karma Stations.
Jasper:  Well... that sure clears everything up.
vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2442 on: 2010 May 18, 14:32:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed one thing that I assume is some new behaviour: When my played Sims encounter an NPC with the green smelly cloud, after a few Sim minutes this cloud disappears together with the negative moodlet of having met a smelly Sim. Is this a new AM feature?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2443 on: 2010 May 18, 20:47:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, that part is probably normal.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2444 on: 2010 May 19, 20:03:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, that part is probably normal.

But has it always been like that? Because I'm pretty sure that in the past (pre 1.11) I had to activate afflicted Sims and have them take a bath, otherwise they would have carried those clouds with them forever. Hm, this makes me wonder if some autonomy tuning mods I had used in the past may have supressed these clean-up routines and may therefore also have been responsible for my starvation issues that I haven't experienced yet in my recent games either.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2445 on: 2010 May 21, 05:45:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How does the Backtowork command work? Whenever I use it, my sims still can't go to work on days off, it still says "x day(s) and y hour(s)", I can't drive there or go there using the job panel or the rabbit hole.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2446 on: 2010 May 21, 06:23:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kills all forced vacation days, such as from Maternity Leave.

Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2447 on: 2010 May 21, 06:34:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I thought it tricked the game into thinking it was a work day. That's all I've been trying to use it for. Sad I hate using the weekend to get performance requirements up but then having to wait a day to get back to work.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2448 on: 2010 May 21, 09:39:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is a very workaholic attitude. I approve.

Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2449 on: 2010 May 21, 15:19:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would it be possible to make that an added function, or do jobs and days totally not work that way?
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: