More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 07:16:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 15 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1738861 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #1675 on: 2009 December 02, 17:13:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Use that fucking space between your ears for something useful, if that's possible.
For most people, the space between their ears is only suitable as test material for experiments in terminal ballistics.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: 2009 December 02, 17:25:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Use that fucking space between your ears for something useful, if that's possible.
For most people, the space between their ears is only suitable as test material for experiments in terminal ballistics.

Pescado, you are lucky I wasn't taking a drink when I read that. I would have spewed it all over my keyboard! XD

The stupid threshold has reached critical mass! Brain explosions imminent!
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: 2009 December 03, 06:16:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sad. but true. And, yes, SilentDreamer, I had the same reaction.

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
TheHippyGardener
Tasty Tourist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1678 on: 2009 December 03, 18:00:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anything changed that I am unaware of regarding the commands that come with Awesomemod?  I've used the search bar above and did not get a recent answer.  I cannot seem to use "lifetimehappiness" anymore since the 1.7 updates.  I've never had to have testingcheatsenabled on in the past to use it (which was one of the old answers given to someone who had the same problem with an older version).  I did the "showconfig" command and it was not listed there.

I don't usually ask for help as I am capable of figuring things out by just reading other people's problems and the solutions they are given.  I'm only asking because I've not seen anyone else mention it missing since the new patch/updates.  I've been updating awesomemod in my game daily (sometimes multiple times) to see if it gets resolved.  I also noticed yesterday that the "money" cheat didn't work either.  Not a cheat I've ever used, but wanted to test another one to see if it was just the lifetimehappiness one missing.  With both I get the bad command (or however it's worded) message.  I know awesomemod is working since like I mentioned before I did the showconfig command and got the list.

I don't really have any other problems except this.  I love awesomemod and I'm really grateful for all the hard work that goes into it.

Thanks, in advance, for any help/answers.

"I got lizards and snakes running through my body, funny how they all have my face."
missreal
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: 2009 December 03, 22:43:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, in my own defense (although perhaps it will not have much validity), I did, at the very least, read the awesome mod thread prior to asking. I was just unable to comprehend the meaning of OFFICIAL 1.7.9/WA UPDATE, as I was unaware of the issues being caused by the patches until yesterday, and almost never patch my game or had the remotest idea of the importance of patching. Yes, you now have a solid basis to call me an idiot (I know it's fun... go ahead). Nevertheless, it's  not always easy to understand the information provided unless you also have an undestanding of the subject at hand.

That is my story... and I'm sticking to it!

wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #1680 on: 2009 December 03, 23:00:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anything changed that I am unaware of regarding the commands that come with Awesomemod?  I've used the search bar above and did not get a recent answer.  I cannot seem to use "lifetimehappiness" anymore since the 1.7 updates.  I've never had to have testingcheatsenabled on in the past to use it (which was one of the old answers given to someone who had the same problem with an older version).  I did the "showconfig" command and it was not listed there.

You need to enable the "debugcommands" option for the lifetimehappiness now.  Either in the config file, or type in setconfig debugcommands true while in game.  Yes it use to appear with just testingcheats.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Sandman
Asinine Airhead

My Simself

View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: 2009 December 03, 23:10:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just updated to the 1.7 patch and the updated Awesomemod. I had reinstalled my game because I had some weird cc giving me some problems and I couldn't find the item to uninstall it in the launcher.  I went into CAS to make sure the item that was driving me crazy was gone but there wasn't any sims in the Pre-made Sim bin nor were there any traits to choose.

I went out of the game and removed Awesomemod restarted the game and it worked fine. I have been searching for the last three hours and can't find anything related to this.

I am not using the new EP and I don't have any other mods or cc installed.

Has anyone had this problem?

Edit:  I have another computer that I have had the same problem with but I didn't have to reinstall because the item giving me the problems showed up in the launcher and I was able to remove it. While I was trying to uninstall the item, I found out that I can't uninstall cc from the launcher unless Awesomemod is removed. I used to be able to install with Awesomemod installed.

Edit, Edit:  Strange but on my other computer I can install and uninstall from the launcher with Awesomemod installed.  It may have something to do with it being a better computer.

« Last Edit: 2009 December 04, 17:41:17 by Sandman » Logged
TheHippyGardener
Tasty Tourist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1682 on: 2009 December 04, 00:43:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cool!  Thank you wizard_merlin for answering my question.  I thought I was going crazy or something.   Cool

"I got lizards and snakes running through my body, funny how they all have my face."
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: 2009 December 04, 00:45:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Edit:  I have another computer that I have had the same problem with but I didn't have to reinstall because the the item showed up in the laucher. While I was trying to uninstall the item, I just found out that I can't uninstall cc from the laucher unless Awesomemod is removed.

No shit Smiley

Sandman
Asinine Airhead

My Simself

View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: 2009 December 04, 02:02:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By that remark I am assuming that this has been posted here before maybe more than once and evidentially from your reaction it is right under my nose. So I am stupid. I can't help it. But I am certainly not lazy I have looked and looked. I reread the rtfm.txt file and have done everything by the book. If you know the answer, please go against your grain, be nice and tell me. I would certainly appreciate it.

Edit
I tell you what let's make it fun, let's play charades.  Give me a hint where I might be able to fine the answer, you don't even have to give me a link, maybe the general date this was discussed and since it is evidentially hiding under a topic title that is irrelevant, give me a few words from the topic. Or you could just send me a private message giving me the link if you don't want to discuss it here, then we could both delete our post and pretend it didn't happen.
« Last Edit: 2009 December 04, 17:46:10 by Sandman » Logged
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: 2009 December 04, 02:20:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By that remark I am assuming that this has been posted here before maybe more than once and evidentally from your reaction it is right under my nose. So I am stupid. I can't help it. But I am certainly not lazy I have looked and looked. I reread the rtfm.txt file and have done everything by the book. If you know the answer please go against your grain, be nice and tell me. I would certainly appreciate it.

Edit
I tell you what let make it fun, let play charades.  Give me a hint where I might could fine the answer you don't even have to give me a link, maybe the general date this was discussed and since it is evidently hiding under a topic title that is irrelevant give me a few words from the topic. Or you could just send me a private message giving me the link if you don't want to discuss it here, then we could both delete our post and pretend it didn't happen.

Do like I do in these instances: back up the important shit, do a complete uninstall, do a completely clean reinstall...

Now go reinstall all of your sims3packs that you should have sitting in a folder somewhere so you don't have to redownload them all.... if you do have to redownload them all, well, tough shit. Keep a backup folder of them next time. Just make sure you remove whatever was causing problems.

THEN put your /mods/packages crap back in with the framework.

For reference, the no shit was to the "AM needs to be removed to install S3Ps." Rule of thumb: always pull the mods folder to the desktop when you're using the dumb launcher.

Sandman
Asinine Airhead

My Simself

View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: 2009 December 04, 03:06:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe you need to put your glasses on. I typed in plain English "I had reinstalled my game". That means I was starting out with a fresh-spanking-new game. I immediately updated to the latest patch before I installed any mods (including Awesomemod). I started the game to make sure it was working ok. I check the CAS files the sims were there it was working fine. (by the way I have done this three times in the last two days - I have installed Awesomod more times than I can count in the past so I know how to install it (unless something has changed with this new patch)

I have been playing sims since Sims 1 when it came free with my computer and I know I have to back up everything before reinstalling. I have backups at various stages more than I can count. That there should tell you how stupid I am (I can only get so many backups in my thirty gigs allotted space). Anyway I am getting off of the point. The game worked fine. I installed Awesomemod check the CAS and the pre-made sims were gone.  I took out Awesomemod and they reappeared.  I have tried deleting the cache file each time I have reinstalled the game. It is still the same.

Now tell me if anyone has had to reinstall there game since they have installed this new patch and new Awesomemod and if they have had the same problem. Is there something wrong with Awesomemod or is there something special I need to do that I haven't had to do in the past.

If I sound a little T'd off that is because I am. I hate the way you people talk to people like they are lower and stupider than anything on earth. I hate the way people hesitate to ask a question on this forum (including me) and start off by apologizing for asking the question. What is this forum for if it isn't to help people? And don't tell me if I don't like it I can go somewhere else for the answers because I can't. I have gotten hooked on this mod and I can't play the game without it so if I give up the mod I will probably give up the game. But I don't give up easily so don't hold your breath. I am hear to stay until I get booted off by whoever it is that does the booting and I don't think that is you.

If I get any madder I won't have a keyboard left so I am going to close and hope some nice person can help me.
« Last Edit: 2009 December 04, 17:58:48 by Sandman » Logged
phnxflyng
Corpulent Cretin

Puny humans.

View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: 2009 December 04, 03:33:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have installed Awesomod more time than I can count in the past so I know how to install it (unless something has changed with this new patch)

I think it has. You might want to read some of the threads that deal with this--I have had quite a struggle understanding it myself, so I will not try ot explain, but there are various ideas out there about whether to install AM in the WA folders or the base game folders. It has to do with whether you have a mac or pc, and there are probably other considerations. All I know is I got mine working eventually.

FWIW, I find no one attacks me if I follow proper grammar, spelling, punctuation and capitalization. I think in this culture it is a sign of respect to post using these language rules. It's like going to Paris and walking up to someone and demanding directions in English. They'll either be rude to you or send you in the wrong direction. I speak from experience, being half French and having lived there for 6 years. If you show them the respect of addressing them in their language, they'll usually be helpful.

INTP.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: 2009 December 04, 04:35:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe you need to put your glasses on. I typed in plain English "I had reinstalled my game". That means I was starting out with a fresh-spanking-new game. I immediately updated to the latest patch before I installed any mods (including Awesomemod). I started the game to make sure it was working ok. I check the CAS files the sims were there it was working fine. (by the way I have done this three times in the last two days - I have installed Awesomod more time than I can count in the past so I know how to install it (unless something has changed with this new patch)

Now tell me if anyone has had to reinstall there game since we have gotten this new patch and and new Awesome mod and if they have had the same problem. Is there something wrong with Awesomemod or is there something special I need to do that I haven't had to do in the past.

As far as I can tell, the installation process with the latest patch (not WA) is exactly the same as it was with the older patch.

Did you use the resource.cfg file that comes with the AM download or another one, and are your mods in sub-folders inside the mods/packages folder?  The resource.cfg with the AM download is not set up for sub-folders, so anything is sub-folders will be ignored or cause problems.

It is when adding WA that things change.

I have been using WA and AM since AM was first made available for general testing/use, and I haven't experienced anything overly weird, just some minor glitches/bug here and there.  The AM issues tend to get fixed very quickly, if they are easily reproduceable by Pescado, and EAxis bugs, well, who knows when they will fix them, so we hope Pescado does.  It has been stated that 1.7 and WA use the same core coding, so if AM works in WA without problems it will also work with 1.7 without trouble.

I assume you are running a clean game as you have said you have reinstalled, but I don't think you said if you were reloading old saves or not.  If you are reloading old saves, DON'T, try a completely fresh game as many reports seem to suggest the 1.7 patch is making the old saves bugged, which react poorly to AM. 

Have you tried a new game with just AM, NO other CC or mods, just AM?  Most people who have complained about things missing usually have an old bugged game they were playing or a conflict with other mods/CC, and the problem goes away when they start clean.  A lot of people become over attached to their sims, or their current game, and resist as hard as they can to start a new game.  If you remember TS2 patches, they wouldn't work fully unless you started a fresh game, it appears TS3 may be the same, even worse.

Try and remember, we CANNOT see your fucking computer, we have to try and visualise what you are saying is happening, and what you say you are doing.  If we saw your fucking computer first hand, we could help you a whole lot easier and quicker, but we can't.  As a result you need to be either alot clearer in explaining what is happening and what your doing, or put up with a shitload of questions and useless statements while people willing to help try and work out what is going wrong.  If you want to keep telling us how smart you are and how clever you are, defend yourself, complain that your getting picked on,etc, etc, then you will be sporked and harassed.  Just go and check all the recent useless fucking posts asking how to make AM work, they are endless and all the fucking same.

Sandman
Asinine Airhead

My Simself

View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: 2009 December 04, 05:49:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So what, am I suppose to cuss you out the way you guys are cussing me out. I ask for help as politely as I know how and then someone responded by cussing at me. If you ask me you are the ones who need to learn proper language. I am not going to set by and be talked to like that and I will not lower myself to using that type of language, it is not necessary to get my point across and it is very bad grammar. So, if you don't want to help me then don't.

I do appreciate what you had said at the beginning of your post in trying to help me (at least it sounded like you were trying to help me to start with) but none of it applies to my situation. As I have said, if you had read my post, I do not have the new EP WA. There are no posts for me to read that I can find.

Wizard:
Actually I was telling you how stupid I was but also letting you know that I was at least familiar with installing the Awesomemod and installing the game.

I don't know how I can tell you any clearer (I even used smaller paragraphs as someone has told me I should even though the topic didn't change). I have said all this before (most of it) but I will try again. Maybe if I outline it line for line you will understand my situation better:

1. I started with a new installation (3 times I have done this).
2. I didn't reinstall any custom content or mods, only awesome mod.  
3. I do not have the new EP, WA.  
4. I have not added back any of my saved files though I do have them backed up on my computer.
5. I use the TS3Install helper to install all package files but like I said the only one I installed was Awesomemod. I installed it in the package file not any of the folders within the package file.
6. I deleted the cache file

Now have either one of you or anyone else installed this game (only the base game - not the EP)
1. Using a clean install
2. Installed the updated Awesomemod and no other mods or custom content
3. Then gone to the CAS window and looked to see if the original sample sims and the trait selections were there. Or know of a thread where someone else has?
4. If their sims were there then there is something wrong with my installation. But I can't for the life of me figure out what it is.

I am about to pull my hair out. I am having Sims withdrawals and I need to go Christmas shopping.

If you don't have the answers or any suggestions that would apply then don't reply. I really do not like being humiliated.

I have ran this through Word's spelling and grammar check so blame that program if there is an error.
By the way, is there really a rule that you have to spell everything perfectly on this forum to make a post and if you don't you will be cussed out for it.

« Last Edit: 2009 December 04, 05:59:33 by Sandman » Logged
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: 2009 December 04, 06:51:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By the way, is there really a rule that you have to spell everything perfectly on this forum to make a post and if you don't you will be cussed out for it.

Yes, and for bad grammar.

Have you tried playing the game, or making your own sim, rather than looking at the original sample sims, to see if those options are available to you?  

Have you actually verified that AM is in fact installed and working, or are you just assuming it is?

I have never bothered looking at the original sample sims, I always make my own sim when I start a new game.  If I remember next time I fire up the game, even though I have WA, I'll pop into CAS and click on a sample sim or two and see what comes up.  EDIT - I just had a look, and when I select the "pre-made sims" panel, it is empty, there are no sims.   Are you saying that pre patch, that panel did contain sims and is now empty?  If I try making a new sim, I can access the trait panel without any problems.

If these seem mundane or whatever, well I'll stop trying to offer you suggestions.  These are things I would be trying if I was in that situation.  Verify if it is just those actual sims, or if the problem exists for all sims in the game.

It is extremely difficult to help when you can't actually see the problem.
« Last Edit: 2009 December 04, 07:03:49 by wizard_merlin » Logged

Sandman
Asinine Airhead

My Simself

View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: 2009 December 04, 07:38:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes I have created sims hundreds of them. I have reinstalled my game countless times but I don't remember going to the CAS before installing my saved games.  So I don't know how long it has been since these pre-made sims and traits have been missing. It seems like I had the feeling I was missing some sims for a while now but like you, I create my own so it wasn't a problem and I figured I must have lost them through reinstalling sometime or another. But the more I think about it, I remember thinking I had more elderly pre-mades than what I have now. So this must be something that has occurred previously.

I have two computers, one I am giving to my grandson for Christmas and am setting it up with Sims. It has the original files prior to updating this last time. I have updated it to the latest patch and Awesomemod but I didn't have to reinstall the whole game before I updated it. I just checked out the CAS in it and the original Sims are missing. I wished I had thought to check it before I updated. However all the sims I have created and saved to the bin are in the CAS and the traits are available to choose from.

My computer: I had to reinstall the whole game, when I go into CAS there are no sims at all. It will give you one sim when you first go into it but you can't add traits or choose their life time wish.

So I cannot even create a new sim unless I install my backups.  I haven't done that yet so I don't know if that will add the trait selection back or not. I have a feeling it will and if it does I will be able to play the game. I have been installing my downloads so I checked them out in CAS but could not choose the traits for them.

I am wondering how this will affect people who don't save their games. They will probably have to play a while before installing Awesomemod and get some sims save to their bin. (EDIT: Read the continuing post on this topic, having saved neighbhorhood and saved sims had nothing to do with this problem.)

Yes I have checked out the game. Awesomemod is working. I can click and select another households without going through edit town and I have it configured for Testingcheatsenabled true to come on automatically and it is working.

Ok it is 1:38 here and I ran this through spell check and glanced over it again but don't have time to triple check.
« Last Edit: 2009 December 06, 16:17:04 by Sandman » Logged
Sandman
Asinine Airhead

My Simself

View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: 2009 December 04, 07:45:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So are you saying that you haven't saved any of your created sims to the bin when you first created them?  If you did, then you should have sims in the CAS.  At least I believe that is why I do on my grandson's computer.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: 2009 December 04, 09:49:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So are you saying that you haven't saved any of your created sims to the bin when you first created them?  If you did, then you should have sims in the CAS.  At least I believe that is why I do on my grandson's computer.

The two sims I have made so far are in the library (sim bin) to choose from to play with, but they don't appear in CAS afterward.  I have never bothered with the pre-made sim section, so don't know if they were ever there or not.  If after making them I don't like anything about them, I either scrap them and start again, or wait until I put them in game then modify them.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: 2009 December 04, 10:31:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My computer: I had to reinstall the whole game, when I go into CAS there are no sims at all. It will give you one sim when you first go into it but you can't add traits or choose their life time wish.
Define "no sims". How are there no sims? CAS normally only starts up with only one sim for you to edit, and it is up to you to make more.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Squashy
Retardo Lander

GRAMMER CAT ..SPIN ON THIS !!

View Profile
« Reply #1695 on: 2009 December 04, 11:10:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can someone tell me what "fambly" means ? LOL Grin
TheHippyGardener
Tasty Tourist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1696 on: 2009 December 04, 14:01:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Fambly" means family.  LOL!

I noticed the "no sims" thing myself, but not in CAS.  When I uninstalled/reinstalled everything and only had awesomemod and no other CC or mods I had no sims in the town.  Meaning I was starting a brand new game with no other saved games in, when it took me to the town and usually there are three options but the choose a household option was not there.  Because there was no families in the town.  Once I went into CAS, created a sim and plopped them in the neighborhood, or chose a family from the bin, then everything was normal and there were families in most of the lots.  But initialy going in the town seemed empty.  But I didn't think it was a big deal and since after actually playing the town was full like normal I just ignored the glitch.

I hope all that makes sense.  Just trying to help.   Wink

Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: 2009 December 04, 15:25:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay. A light turned on and I understand the problem now, and I'm surprised you didn't just suggest this Pescado....

Sandman, have you tried pushing the asterisk shaped button that says "show only custom content" (okay, I'm paraphrasing, haven't read that button for awhile) so that it is turned off?

I ask this because of this particular feature of AM that is enabled by default:

CustomSimFilterIsDefault      Enabled      SimBin uses custom-sims-only filter by default.

I really don't understand what you mean by traits are missing, however, because you say you can make your own sims and it isn't an issue? What? (I just woke up, so if I'm misreading, feel free to quote your own post and show me the part where you explained this cause my brain is having trouble finding it pre-coffee).

Sandman
Asinine Airhead

My Simself

View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: 2009 December 04, 16:49:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wizard:

I always choose to copy my created sims to the bin so that they show up in the select a sim box and I can make other sims from my favorites maybe changing something minor to make them different. I like starting with a sim I like and changing them because I usually do not like the one the game generates.

In case you or anyone else isn't familiar with the option, you access it by click on the three dots at the bottom of the newly created sims' portrait at the bottom of the CAS window. It gives you the choice to Create a Twin, Share Sim, or Save Sim to Bin. When you choose to save it to the bin it shows up in the Pre-made sims as another pre-made sim to choose from.

Pescado:
I am talking about the sample sims the game normally give you to choose from in the Pre-made Sim box in CAS.

Hippy:
Yes, I have noticed the same thing. I thought it was strange it didn't have the third option, but since I have always added back my saves immediately I have never encountered that before. But the reason I noticed it yesterday was because I did have the feeling that when I first started this game, way back when I first installed it on the computer, I had a choice to choose one of the families that was already in the town to start playing with. Now I can only choose a family from the bin and place them in a house before the other families show up in the town.

Silent:
Well I click on the asterisk and all the pre-made sims shows up in the Pre-made Sim box (Thank you, I have noticed that button, but usually when you install a new game the premades are already there. I didn't think about clicking on it because I hadn't installed any cc yet.) but when I choose one of them I still can't select their traits.  So I still have that problem. You know when you create a sim you give them a name, and choose from a selection of clothes, hair, facial features and traits.

I can choose the traits on my grandson's computer, I think because I have my saved sims installed in it.  (EDIT:  read the following posts related to this, my grandson's computer didn't have the outdated mods on it) But on my computer I can't choose traits for any sim I create or any of the sims in the Pre-made Sims box whether they are downloaded or are pre-made. Lol I take that back, it does give me the option of the "Stupid" trait so at least I can make myself.
« Last Edit: 2009 December 06, 16:24:46 by Sandman » Logged
Sandman
Asinine Airhead

My Simself

View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: 2009 December 04, 18:46:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wizard, you said that it would be best to start with a clean game and not reinstall saves using this latest patch. Did you not add back your saves? If you didn't how do you give the sims traits?

I will try to add back my saved sims and see if that triggers the traits to start working. However, that is why I had to reinstall my game in the first place. I was trying to get rid of a weird cc. If was called bottom.nkd. It came in with a couple downloaded sims. It is the bottom half of a naked woman and was included in all ages of the female sims. I had babies being born with it and toddler would roll it when they aged. The thing would deform them and it was certainly bizarre to see a sim walking down the street half naked. It came in with two different sims one called Josie and one called Andrea Real. I removed it from my grandson's computer but it wasn't showing up in my launcher for me to remove from mine so I resorted to removing the downloads and saved sims but it didn't get rid of it so I had to reinstall the game.

I am going to back up my grandson's saved sims and install his maybe it will work then. His are the same as mind without the weird cc.

I also had a vampire shirt that was doing the same thing but it was also included in the men's wardrobe selection.  I was able to remove that one. It came in with a downloaded toddler call Catryn. By the way all these were downloaded off of Sims 3 website's Exchange.

I will let you know if it fixes the traits.

EDIT:  Before I tried installing my saved sims I decided to remove Awesomemod and restart the game. As I mentioned somewhere in another post previous to this one, the game works find without Awesomemod. I created a sim, gave her traits and saved her to the bin.  I went out of CAS bought her a house and moved her in then quit and saved the town.

I reinstalled Awesomemod and restarted the game.  I opened up the saved game and immediately noticed that I was given the three options, Create Sim, Choose Household, or move in household, where before I wasn't given the Choose Household and all the sims were in the town were already there. (EDIT: This was because I had already moved a sim in a house and saved the neighborhood. The option to Choose Household is only missing when I am opening a new game.) I chose the option to create a sim. The sim I had created was there but none of her traits were listed and when I tried to give her traits it wouldn't let me.

I went out of CAS and opened the house of the sim I had previously created. Her traits wasn't listed in the Simology tab. Someone else had posted this happening to them at: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15531.msg503500.html#msg503500.  I had this happened to me a few days ago also before I updated but it stopped. So this is evidentally something pre-this last update.

So that leads me to believe that adding my saved sims might not work either but I will try that.

Edit Edit:
I installed my saved sims and there was no change. I tried creating a new town and it was exactly the same. It gave me the three options as above to Create Sim, Choose Household or move in household. But the traits are missing from every sim and I can't add them. I even tried using the "addtrait good"; it said there wasn't a trait called good.

So now I will add back my saves because it can't get any worse. Until there is a solution I will probably have to just use another mod.  

I can't believe this isn't happening to more than just a few people.  Maybe it has to do with my computer being on the low end of the required specs. My graphic card is as low as it goes. I can run it fine without Awesomemod so either Awesomemod uses more of something my computer doesn't have enough of or there is something not compatible.  I hate to give it up. I don't think any of the other mods are nearly as good. I will keep checking back and seeing if anyone has found a solution.

Thankyou to those that tried to help me.
« Last Edit: 2009 December 06, 16:34:01 by Sandman » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: