More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 23:31:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Posto Segreto
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Posto Segreto  (Read 5396 times)
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Posto Segreto
« on: 2008 February 10, 09:15:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In case anyone wondered why I hadn't been around much for the last several days, it's because I actually got hooked into the castaway story. I thought the plot, the puzzles and the length of the story were all much improved. I enjoyed the new careers, the animals and the jungle plants and settings. (What's the bet we get a jungle stuff pack with orang-utans, hyenas, jaguar and jungle plants.)

What I did NOT enjoy was the showstopping bug I found in Shady Lagoon when I got the sims from the Barrens to play Marco Polo with my sim. They're still playing for all I know.

Then I got up to that same bit in the game again and my damn power supply bit the dust. Argh! So I started all over again on the laptop. What a performance. I think I backed up every hour! To two computers!  Roll Eyes

So I'm nearing the end of the story, I've picked the least fugliest Maxis sim for my sim's partner, I'm keen to let them breed, I want to check out the new careers, adopt a hyena, play with the new content, this actually feels like fun... then... I realise my sim is stuck in two rooms on the bare side of a cliff with a depressed orang-utan. OK I think, I'll go back to that Shady Lagoon place. That'll be a nice place to raise little simmies. But no! It's a bloody commercial lot now!!! LIKE MOST OF THE OTHER LOTS! Except for the minuscule residential lots containing several villagers. 

All right I thought, grim determination setting in, I'll remodel the damn cliff face. Then I'll remodel the damn house. It all went peachy except for one stubborn toilet. Which is sitting in what is now the lounge. I've tried user cheats and attempting to load the stuckobjectremover but no joy. I can neither delete nor move this damn toilet. A pretty good metaphor for the way this game ended.

So then I thought I'd make my own castaway island. Some of the castaway content is already ripped, courtesy of Pescado, I can only hope more becomes available.

If anyone knows where I could get the jungle plants, in particular, I would be rapt. And the careers. And the wallpaper. And the fish spearing and the cooking fires. *sigh* Oh and not to forget the clothing.

The point of this post, however, is to share the new neighbourhood I made. It's pretty much flat except for the beach lot edges. It's more a peninsula than an island but that leaves me a way out of the story, later in the hood.  Wink

I just uploaded it to Laverwinkle and thought I'd share it here too. If you don't have a hood camera mod, you will probably only see the middle part of the map in your game.

Posto Segreto
This is the way it looks in simcity 4

This is how it looks in sims 2

This is where you can download it
http://laverwinklesims.com/index.php?topic=762

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Posto Segreto
« Reply #1 on: 2008 February 10, 21:11:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All right I thought, grim determination setting in, I'll remodel the damn cliff face. Then I'll remodel the damn house. It all went peachy except for one stubborn toilet. Which is sitting in what is now the lounge. I've tried user cheats and attempting to load the stuckobjectremover but no joy. I can neither delete nor move this damn toilet. A pretty good metaphor for the way this game ended.
   Not sure why you aren't getting the StuckObjectRemover to load, it works fine in my Castawys Post-Story/Sandbox game (available under Barter/Landscaping - same for ffsdeubber).  I used the Seasons version, if that makes any difference.
   I managed to delete that starting toilet by deleting the walls around it, when i remodled the cliff-face house.  Several other players also complained about that starting toilet at the Yahoo-Castaways official help site, and the only response we got back was 'You can't and we won't tell you why you can't'.
   Edited:  Oh, after re-reading part of your post, i realized you haven't officially finished the Story Mode, the Story mode is really picky about CC and mods, and even HAVING some mods will mess up the story, will have to wait until you finish the story before bringing in most of the shinys.  Build mode should also be available at that point (i took out the hill on the other side of the lagoon, ultimate plans are to rebuild the house there, and then remove that entire cliff that is on the lot).
« Last Edit: 2008 February 10, 21:17:28 by GayJohnScarritt » Logged

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 February 11, 05:29:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, so when does the story mode officially finish? I have build mode, I've dispatched Professor Rinehart, my sim is now settling to a well deserved peace... I thought!

Several other players also complained about that starting toilet at the Yahoo-Castaways official help site, and the only response we got back was 'You can't and we won't tell you why you can't'.

Nice.

GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 February 11, 05:50:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote:
I realise my sim is stuck in two rooms on the bare side of a cliff with a depressed orang-utan.
   EndQuote:

If your sim is married, no more Story Wants show up, Barter/Build mode are available, then you have finished the story.  At this point you can turn Aging On (Ctrl/Shift/C now works) and start having babies all over the place.
Some users have reported that you can use SimPe to convert those Community lots over to Residential.
http://tinyurl.com/25p5as

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 February 11, 06:28:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheers, I'll give that a go.

I'll still carry on with my own island for sims 2. I need to check out the blank templates to see if there's one for BV, install some islander looking face templates and an appropriate names package. Although I could make the villagers by hand I guess.

Quote:
I realise my sim is stuck in two rooms on the bare side of a cliff with a depressed orang-utan.
   EndQuote:

Yeah, sorry, forgot to mention the hubby.

ETA: Well, that works, converting lots by SimPE, except that whatever was already on the lot is fixed. I've reloaded and will clean up the community lot before I convert it. It seems to be OK. My sims could move in and could build and unbuild.

Now that I've turned on custom content, I should be able to see the stuckobjectremover also.
« Last Edit: 2008 February 11, 07:57:43 by witch » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: