More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 12, 12:51:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Not sure if this is a seasons problem.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Not sure if this is a seasons problem.  (Read 5947 times)
debdownunder
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Not sure if this is a seasons problem.
« on: 2008 September 03, 07:48:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone ever had a problem with not being able to browse or purchase clothing in community lots, as now it is starting to annoy me.
When I just had NL,UV,and OFB installed it was fine, Sims could browse and purchase clothing no problem at all.
Then when Seasons came out the option to browse and buy clothing disappears, and therefore my sims cannot buy any clothing at all.
I asked about this in the past and the only answer i got was to read the wikki but that does not have the answers I am looking for.
I removed FT as I don't like it much, and I now have H&M stuff pk and the latest EP AL, but this is not the issue the problem was long before I installed these.
I am at my wits end trying to sought this out, if anyone can help I will be very grateful for any advice on how to fix this.
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Not sure if this is a seasons problem.
« Reply #1 on: 2008 September 03, 11:12:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's most definitely not a 'seasons' problem.  Seasons was my lates EP until i 'stumbled' upon AL, and i've never had a problem buying clothes at a comm lot.  To be honest, i rarely go to comm lots, i use Pescado's clothing tool for those needs. 
   I have to give the standard answer here (as i fits), sounds like a hack conflict.

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 September 03, 13:50:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps you have a CC clothing rack that has not been updated for Seasons?  I am only assuming that the clothing racks need an update to include the outerwear category.

Have you also ensured that your hacks are all Seasons compatible?
debdownunder
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 September 03, 15:24:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have done a clean install of all my ep's I own, and my game is hack free at the moment and I don't have any custom content or hacks in my game.

This has been an ongoing problem way before I installed Apartment life, that's why assumed it being a seasons problem. because this is when I first encountered it and  have never been able to fix the issue.

I have uninstalled seasons in the past,and just played  NL,UNI, and, OFB i have the option to browse and buy no problem. Huh

And the main thing is i want to be able to go to community lots to  run my businesses again.   
Psysix
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 September 03, 16:38:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably a dumb question, but is this with a neighborhood you've backed up or does it do this with brand new neighborhoods?

I'm guessing since you said you've done a clean install that you're working from scratch each time, but just wanted to check.

Other than that, not sure what to say since I've always used the default clothes selection and purchasingand have never had such a problem with it.
debdownunder
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 September 03, 18:46:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Posted by: Psysix
Insert Quote
Probably a dumb question, but is this with a neighborhood you've backed up or does it do this with brand new neighborhoods?

I'm guessing since you said you've done a clean install that you're working from scratch each time, but just wanted to check.

Other than that, not sure what to say since I've always used the default clothes selection and purchasingand have never had such a problem with it.

Not a dumb Question at all  Smiley Yes it is a total clean install.

So each time i have had to start new neighborhoods.

My previous EA games folder is backed up on another drive,  if i ever need to go back to that one.

This is probably a dumb question to ask you, the default clothes selection and purchasing, Please explain to me what it is as there is so many different mods to do with clothing.

Is it an in shop thing or is it to do with something someone has made?
debdownunder
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 September 04, 09:09:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also I forgot to mention, the townies are able to browse not a problem,but any sims that i create these options do not seem to be available for me Huh 

As I stated  the icon vanishes and they stand around like stupid idiots,very simular to when you turn of the free will.

They wont go over to the clothing racks at all.

Every other common problem can and will get sorted out over time Smiley, but this one of course  has never happened to anyone else because it is rare and unknown to all.

This did occur when i installed seasons ep in the past and it still is a major problem for me today,and back then and still now no custom content or hacks or any hacks that over ride, are not installed  in my game. Smiley

So it has nothing to do with that at all,and i shouldn't have to keep removing seasons to suit other eps for the clothing to work, that just defeats the purpose of having seasons installed in the first place.

I understand that the new EPS' need attending to, but i guess this is never going to be solved.

I am only trying to get to the bottom of this,and any help will be much appreciated Smiley.

Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2008 September 05, 01:14:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried it in debug mode to see if it generates an error log?

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 September 05, 17:04:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also I forgot to mention, the townies are able to browse not a problem,but any sims that i create these options do not seem to be available for me Huh
As I stated  the icon vanishes and they stand around like stupid idiots,very simular to when you turn of the free will.

I am currently having a similar issue with sims not able to play SSX on the computer when directed to do so.  Icon just disappears.  I am personally suspecting tight pants at the moment, but have not tested this yet.

Every other common problem can and will get sorted out over time Smiley, but this one of course  has never happened to anyone else because it is rare and unknown to all...I understand that the new EPS' need attending to, but i guess this is never going to be solved.

Not exactly.  The thing is that you have no error log and this error is not reproduced in anyone else's game so far.  This makes it difficult to identify and fix.  A problem like this would ordinarily suggest that you may have some cc that is conflicting with game code.  Might be a cc object if you have no hacks loaded.

Tribulatio proxima est
debdownunder
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 September 05, 21:35:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not exactly.  The thing is that you have no error log and this error is not reproduced in anyone else's game so far.  This makes it difficult to identify and fix.  A problem like this would ordinarily suggest that you may have some cc that is conflicting with game code.  Might be a cc object if you have no hacks loaded.

The downloads folder has not been created, so I don't have any cc in the game.  As you have taken into consideration and fully understand me,  it is totally hack free. Smiley

So i am stoked at what might be causing this ?.

Thanks for the advice jolrei  Smiley, I guess i will have to wait patiently for a miracle to happen, as we all do.

debdownunder
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 September 07, 00:21:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just to let you know,I have uninstalled and done another complete clean install without Seasons ep, and reinstalled NL,UV,OFB AND AL.(still in process of testing FT)

Smiley No downloads in game No hacks Clean install  Smiley

Problem solved ! Sims can browse and buy clothing.

So I have figured that it is something to do with the Icons and whatever sims are directed to do. So if that is what is causing the problem, then this should have been resolved when they brought out the Third patch for Seasons ( obviously was Overlooked)

And if this has nothing to do with Seasons what is it then ? as later ep's work fine!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: