More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 09, 08:42:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Macs, Pets and Uglification
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Macs, Pets and Uglification  (Read 2481 times)
moniquinin
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Macs, Pets and Uglification
« on: 2007 February 19, 20:04:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, so i just read through a thread regarding the bug in pets that makes CAS sims revert to template faces if you make a pet within the family.  Being retarded and not reading up on all the pets threads BEFORE creating my new families and their pets - I'm all done and have basically finished moving them in, and they do look not as nice as I made them.  I thought this was just my imagination until I read up on this bug, but I'm still unsure since they don't look townie fugly, so my question is directed to the few mac people here --  is this a bug experienced by you guys as well?  And, basically, is there nothing to be done once the sims are created and binned?

1. I am a Mac person so DO NOT refer me to Simpe!!!!
2. English is NOT my first language so please forgive any mistakes.
3. My dog loves to eat chicken shit.
amjoie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Macs, Pets and Uglification
« Reply #1 on: 2007 February 20, 05:25:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the PC world, SimPE can do surgery, replacing the uglified sims with better looking sims, which also changes genetics permanently. The Mac doesn't have that option, so all you could do is use the surgery machine available within the game -- which is hit and miss and also does not affect the genetics passed down to children.

Alternately, you could use Insim to do surgery, however, I don't believe that affects genetics, either. But at least it is not hit and miss. So you can do surgery on demand, whenever you wish.

If you have a PC friend who would be willing to put your hood in their game just long enough to do SimPE surgery, that would also work for you .... but unless you have a plug-in that directly uses the SavedSims folder for raw material when doing surgery, you would need to have a ready supply of sims already in the neighborhood, from which to clone the newly surgified sims (meaning you would have a whole hood of identical twins).

Soooo, my advice is to create a new hood, and this time do it right. I know that sounds like a lot of work, but the other way, you play uglified sims pretty much until the hood someday explodes. So, do you want to do a little more work at the start and then play the sims you wanted to be looking at -- or do you satisfy yourself with uglies that beget more uglies, begetting more uglies, on and on, in perpetuity.

For every King, there is a Queen ....
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: