More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 04, 16:42:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540271 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  scope room?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: scope room?  (Read 7000 times)
NinaC
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
scope room?
« on: 2007 July 25, 22:51:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

when a sim scopes a room does it scope for the best attraction or chemistry? attraction is just the turn ons and offs, and chemistry is that and compatibility. the reason is, will a queer sim scope out a straight sim? or will it know somehow which ones are which?
i have the casual romance mod so 10% of the hood sports Prada shoes or flannel shirts  Cheesy
Soylent Sim
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: scope room?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 July 25, 23:31:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Attraction is actually based on turn ons/offs, aspiration, personality and zodiac sign.  But more directly to your question, unless you have something to override the Maxian standard, scope room will only notice sims of the desired sex(es).  Romantic interactions (which in this case includes "check sim out") determine just who your sim goes for, and you need to do at least one before scope room becomes available at all.
Alexx
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 July 25, 23:34:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In standard  way scope room is a trigger to another wants -talk to sim or later flirt with sim,but with ACR I'm really don't know.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 July 25, 23:40:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, you've got the difference between attraction and chemistry wrong.

Attraction is one-sided. It tell you how much Sim A is attracted to Sim B, and nothing at all about how Sim B will react. Chemistry is two-way, and takes into account Sim B's attraction to Sim A as well. If Sim A and Sim B are both very attracted to each other, their chemistry will be high. If they're both uninterested, it will be low. If they're both moderately attracted, they will have moderate chemistry, but they would also have moderate chemistry if Sim A is very attracted to Sim B, and Sim B is not really interested.

Both attraction and chemistry use the same factors (not just turn ons and turn offs, but also personality, sign, and aspiration -- and yes, personality and sign are both factors and work in different ways).

Scope room uses attraction. It'll only tell you who the Sim doing the scoping thinks is hot, and not how they'll respond. It also only considers the gender preferences of the Sim doing the scoping, and not the scopees -- alas, this means your gay Sims may get turned down a lot.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
NinaC
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 July 26, 21:23:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oh ok. thanks Wink
ScoobyDoo
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 July 26, 22:43:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Makes sense.... Sim's don't have gaydar  Grin
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 July 26, 23:21:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, the Sims DO have gaydar.

I'm on a 2nd generation hood so there are few Sims in the game at this point. I had twin sisters both roll gay. But they are the only ones in the hood with that gender pref as the bi's all happen to be male. They get nothing when they scope room. I have 3 gay males in the hood and 4 bi males. The gay males will see both gay and bi, but not the straight ones. I noticed this when a particular Sim's attributes exactly matched the gay Sim's turn ons. But when he checks out that Sim no bolts show for him because he is straight.

One bi male Sim (2/2) was showing both males and females in the crowd upon scope room. Then a female started making passes at him and this went on for a few Sim hours. When she left the lot I had him scope again and only females showed up on his bolts panel. I checked and his gender prefs were now 6/-2.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 July 27, 00:02:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh, that's odd. The part about the bolts panel makes a certain amount of sense (since that uses chemistry), but Scope Room (and Check Sim Out) shouldn't be looking at the other Sim's gender preference.

Granted, it'd hardly be the first time a Prima guide was wrong, but they do manage to leave SOME things the same in the final product as in the design document.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 July 27, 06:34:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Come to think of it, I don't think it used to work like this.  Huh

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 July 27, 15:27:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hunh. Not been my experience. Tigerlilley thought Flamingo's first boyfriend was hot as heck on scoping, but he was most definitely same-sex oriented. And Ivy (gay) had tons of girls come up as attractive on a scoping, but really only Isabelle was open. All others were straight.

FYI, I like rolling gender preferences at a high level. That way they aren't so flaky.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 July 28, 15:51:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe ACR makes some changes in this area. But we are both using it, aren't we? I'm pretty sure my game used to work the other way.

I was kind of waiting for some hard rejections. I made one Sim bi (500/500). But later he married and I forgot all about the fact that he wasn't straight until the gay Sims kept spotting him in the crowd. But they don't spot anyone that is straight.

Alie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 July 28, 22:17:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I micromanaged a het couple into (what should've been) 3 bolts for each other, except one of them had been set as high gay by ACR.  And he was hard-rejecting her all over the place until I realized what the problem was.

He would scope room and only find men, but check her out and he was farting hearts.  AFAI remember, anyway.

So, this leads me to believe that for some reason, check sim out doesn't use gaydar and scope room does.  I should run some tests for confirmation.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2007 July 28, 22:39:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, this leads me to believe that for some reason, check sim out doesn't use gaydar and scope room does.  I should run some tests for confirmation.

Gaydar = figuring out if the OTHER Sim is gay. Check Sim Out doesn't use gender preferences for either Sim, and Scope Room only uses the gender preference of the Sim doing the scoping, and not the scope-ees. (So, no gaydar, because the scoper doesn't know the preference of the hot Sim across the room, and gender preference doesn't cause rejections in an unmodified game anyway.)

Alie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 July 29, 04:22:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right, I knew the definition of gaydar, I must've gotten confused with all the check outs I was running on both sims to try and figure out what the problem was at the time.  Anyhow, I finished running my experiment, and based on the results, and Scope Room and Check Sim Out both use gender preferences for the active Sim.   

I used six sims, three of each gender, one gay/bi/straight.  They were all either Aries or Taurus, with the Aries being 56653 for personality and the Taurus being 55663.  They all had family aspiration.  Turn ons were set to makeup and costume makeup.  All sims wore makeup and costume makeup.

Using ACR, I set sims A&B to het, C&D to gay, E&F to bi.  Sims A, C, and E were female, sims B, D, and F were male.

Results:
Scope room and check sim out were the same.
A&B showed only each other as hot.
C showed all female sims.  D showed all male sims.
E & F both showed all sims.

Therefore, when my female het sim A checked out same sex female gay sim C or female bi sim E, even though they have the exact same chemistry makeup as the male sim B, C and E, both female, showed up as not interesting.  A just shook her head rather than having any X, though.

HOWEVER.  Interestingly enough, the UI DOES have gaydar, as on the relationship panel, male bi sim F only showed hetero sim A, gay sim D, and bi sim E as three bolts, even though scope room showed ALL of the sims as glowy and F actually popped up with B as the sexiest sim there, but when you go to the relationship panel, no bolts at all.
« Last Edit: 2007 July 29, 22:30:14 by midnight » Logged
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2007 July 29, 13:23:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm. Well, anything that uses CHEMISTRY -- which is what the bolts in the relationship panel use -- could be taking gender preference into account, because it's two-way, and if you're looking at Sim A's relationship panel, and Sim A is a straight male, then he'd only show bolts for female Sims -- definitely using gender preference for him -- so if the calculation on the other side is also based on gender preference, then if one of those female Sims is gay, then the calculations done for her would only show female Sims, and so she wouldn't have any reaction to him on her side, meaning that the combination of their two attractions to each other would only use his attraction to her (hers to him never being calculated) and therefore not be high enough to make him show bolts...

The rest of it is a little odd. Perhaps I'll muck around with it myself. Do you have the romance mod and/or ACR?

Alie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 July 29, 22:28:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have both ACR and the romance mod.  It was very interesting.  If I were a better scientist, I would've taken screenshots and such.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: