More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 08, 03:35:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  SOLVED: Neighborhood Disappeared
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: SOLVED: Neighborhood Disappeared  (Read 2231 times)
Coolness
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
SOLVED: Neighborhood Disappeared
« on: 2007 August 07, 02:47:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So yesterday after I compressorized my downloads, my favorite neighborhood disappeared.  I put my old, uncompressed dl folder back in, but the neighborhood is still gone and none of my backups will load, either.  Is there some way I can trick the game into seeing it again?  I've tried deleting groups.cache and the neighborhood manager file.  I've also tried pasting my backup into a neighborhood folder that will load (it's the N004 neighborhood so I've been making the game create another N004 and pasting old files in).

There was an old post on this but is was not very helpful.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: 2007 August 08, 12:15:53 by allegoricduck » Logged
Coolness
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: SOLVED: Neighborhood Disappeared
« Reply #1 on: 2007 August 08, 12:21:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I managed to get my neighborhood back.  I figured I'd post how here in case anyone else sees this problem.  Two of my three custom neighborhoods had disappeared but they're all back now.  I removed the entire Sims folder from My Docs/EA Games and let the game regenerate a new one.  Then I pasted in my neighborhood folders (N004, N007, and N010), didn't delete the NeighborhoodManager file, and deleted Groups.cache.  I also put back in my downloads and saved sims folders and a few others.  When I loaded the game my neighborhoods were all there and when I went into a lot everything seemed to check out fine. 

I'm not sure what went wrong, and I suspect that it happening at the same time I used the Compressorizor was more a coincidence than anything else, because my new compressed download folder works well.  Oh well, I hope that this can help someone who might have my same problem.  It was much easier than reinstalling my game (especially since my disks are four states away).
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: