More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 08, 08:54:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Strange not-gone dead ghost sim
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Strange not-gone dead ghost sim  (Read 2193 times)
valkyrie_mome
Strange not-gone dead ghost sim
« on: 2006 November 25, 22:24:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a Sim that I had created just show up at a different Sim's house one day and die. Don't know why ... I didn't see her on the lot until she was suddenly dying on the front porch. She wasn't a guest, that I know of. She didn't come down the sidewalk to die, that I know of. She just appeared on the front porch in mood crisis and die. It has only happened once, so, altho the fact that she showed up and died is a strange glitch, it isn't what concerns me most.

so, I put her tombstone in the garden of the house where she died.

When I went to the neighborhood view, when I hovered over her (previous) house, it said she still lived there. So, I went to the house to play. There she was -- but a ghost! Blue and clear, but sleeping in the bed. She then got up and went to get breakfast. Still a ghost. She didn't seem to know she was dead.

I thought it was a glitch, so I moved her out of the house. Then she showed up in my "family bin" as being normal. So, I moved her back in. The movie scene showed, with the taxi pulling up in front of the house. But no one got out. It went as if I were in "Build Mode". The character part was greyed out, and I only had build and buy options for the house.

So, I went back to the neighborhood screen. The house again says she is occupying it, and can't be purchased by anyone else. But when I click on it, no one seems to live there! If I move her out again, she shows up in the family bin again!

I don't want to loose this character if she can be saved. If she can't, I'd at least like to keep her ghost! I thought about moving her tombstone to the lot where she supposedly lives, sort of to reunite the ghost and the tombstone. I definately don't want to delete the tombstone, from what I've read.

I don't have UNI - so I can't resurect her. I have the base game and NL only.
Any suggestions? 
Thanks, Val
« Last Edit: 2006 November 25, 22:26:05 by Venusy » Logged
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
Re: Strange not-gone dead ghost sim
« Reply #1 on: 2006 November 25, 22:31:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Download one of the Simlogical teleporters, place it in a house that you have live mode access to, and teleport the sim in. You should get the "This Sim has died on another lot" message after a second or two, and the house she was moved in to should now be unoccupied.

P.S.: Note for the future: please don't post in purple italicized text.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: