More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 02:05:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Woohoo'd to death
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Woohoo'd to death  (Read 67331 times)
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
Woohoo'd to death
« on: 2005 December 28, 00:39:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was recently playing Darren Dreamer (mostly to age him, 'cause he shouldn't be younger than Lilith and Angela, who are a few days away from Elder). Anyway, I got him a new live-in girlfriend, and for two days ALL he wanted to do was: play/flirt/kiss/make-out/woohoo with her. So just for fun I decided that I would oblige every want, regardless of her needs, and see if anything different spun up. His girlfriend is 1 point lazy, can barely get her *ss off the couch to fix something to eat. Anyway, she willingly obliged to his every whim, never rejected him, and they had a non-stop love fest for two days straight.  At the end of the second day, she got out of bed after woohoo, and crumpled to the ground. Darren was able to save her from the Grim Reaper but it was *only* after this event did he start spinning some different typical Knowledge wants such as see a ghost, gain a skill point, etc.

So I ask, was he spinning all these wants over and over because they weren't married or engaged, or it got stuck in a loop, or Huh It kind of made for an interesting story  Tongue Darren, the obsessed artist.

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
Re: Woohoo'd to death
« Reply #1 on: 2005 December 28, 01:06:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if I could pick how I'm going to leave this world, I have to say, woohooing to death wouldn't be such a bad way to go.  Tongue Grin
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 December 28, 01:18:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if I could pick how I'm going to leave this world, I have to say, woohooing to death wouldn't be such a bad way to go.  Tongue Grin
yeah that would be the way to go if I could choose LOL

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 December 28, 02:30:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a Romance Sim, the daughter of Don Lothario, who was in a sorority, and she woohooed wtih her professor in the hot tub to get grade points.  I wanted to see how quickly she could fill up her grade meter doing that.  Unfortunately, she was starving by the time they did it several times, and she went to cook some food.  I got the notice that the professor was leaving, and he had hunger desperation thought bubbles.  So I didn't think anything more about it, until a little later she stops eating and goes to the back yard.  I couldn't understand why she would stop eating when there was food on her plate and she was still hungry.  Then I noticed that everyone had quit what they were doing and were going to the back yard, where I saw a figure crumpled on the ground.  I realized it was the professor, who had never made it off the lot, and so he expired.  So this was a lesson to all my college students.  Never woohoo when you are starving.  She would go to his grave and cry all the time.  I thought it might be good to let the sorority house have a grave for the knowledge sims to see, but the house got bugged and I lost it.  The game generated another professor when she went to class again.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 December 28, 03:06:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now, if you'd had a flamingo of contentment on the lot, it wouldn't have happened!

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 December 28, 03:56:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now that wouldn't have been as amusing, though, would it? Wink
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 December 28, 04:01:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Then I noticed that everyone had quit what they were doing and were going to the back yard, where I saw a figure crumpled on the ground.  I realized it was the professor, who had never made it off the lot, and so he expired. 

Yeah, but I bet he had a smile on his face!  Grin  Cheesy
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 December 28, 04:38:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe it's just Darren? In my game, he married Cassandra, and immediately after "trying for baby" HE got out of bed and died. Perhaps the man is cursed. And does anyone know what happened to his first wife?

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 December 28, 04:53:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not sure, but her ghost is red, so I assume she died in a fire.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 December 28, 05:41:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, she has two ghosts, but only one gets resurrected with the Resurrectomitron.  I had Darren do this, and they had a baby and were very happy, and since he had drunk loads of elixir he didn't transition while I was playing that hood (before it got corrupted).

Zephyr Zodiac
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

SL Diva or TS2 Drama Queen? Uh...both!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 December 28, 06:25:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Posted by: Pegasys
So I ask, was he spinning all these wants over and over because they weren't married or engaged, or it got stuck in a loop,

I noticed the change in behaviour of Knowledge sims after Uni was installed.  They have a constant woohoo want that rerolls every time its fulfilled.  I guess they want to learn everything there is to know.... Wink  The only difference between them and Romance sims is that they are happy to woohoo with just the one partner.  The constant want has made it really easy to keep Knowledge sims in platinum mode. 

happy now :-)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 December 28, 06:30:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But since romance sims constantly roll woohoo in bed, hot tub, love tub and public woohoo wants, you can fulfil these and ignore the promiscuity!  After all, a lot of humans also have these wants and suppress them because deep-down they really love their partner!  Just give them a career  LTW and they're just as easy to keep in platinum as Knowledge sims (who I've noticed are not rolling the want so often since NL.)

Zephyr Zodiac
bloodstainedkisses
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 December 28, 07:33:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find, if when the flirt rolls up, you only pick a low one (charm, wolf whistle, etc, etc), then, it may roll to something like talk. If you pick 'goose' then it tends be bumped to 'kiss' and 'make out'. (Which, always for me, at least, roll at the same time). Just my experience, is all.

Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 December 28, 07:55:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd always thought Darleen got killed by a satalite.  In the story pictures that comes with the neighborhood you see her lying on the ground and watching clouds while Darren is doing something in the background.  And if you look around at the ground where her tombstone is when you first start in that family you can see a slight indention in the ground...

Though, her ghost is red.  But I don't think Darren or Dirk have any memories of a fire right before their memory of Darleen diying.  Hmmmm...
Savage
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 December 28, 08:04:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't a clue but, hahaha, thats classic, Im so gunna have to try that, Im guessing you had free will off?
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2005 December 28, 08:18:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, free will was on, but Carmen, the girlfriend is so dang lazy free will might as well be off.

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 December 28, 08:37:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd always thought Darleen got killed by a satalite.  In the story pictures that comes with the neighborhood you see her lying on the ground and watching clouds while Darren is doing something in the background.  And if you look around at the ground where her tombstone is when you first start in that family you can see a slight indention in the ground...

Though, her ghost is red.  But I don't think Darren or Dirk have any memories of a fire right before their memory of Darleen diying.  Hmmmm...
Actually, it's not an indentation, it's slightly raised as if it was a fresh tomb because it's about the length of a body, and the gravestone is at the head.  They applied a dirt terrain to look like the grass had not grown over it yet.  That's how all of the graves are at that cemetery downtown, also.

As for the memories, I'm pretty sure Maxis added those in manually, much like we can using SimPE.  They probably forgot to add a memory of a fire, because it actually never happened.  Just like they put in memories of a burglar and a repoman in Dina's memories, and Don has a memory of getting shocked.  He also has memories of being rejected for making out with Bella and a memory of public woohoo with Kaylynn, but Kaylynn has no memories of anything.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 December 28, 08:47:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As for the memories, I'm pretty sure Maxis added those in manually, much like we can using SimPE.  They probably forgot to add a memory of a fire, because it actually never happened.  Just like they put in memories of a burglar and a repoman in Dina's memories, and Don has a memory of getting shocked.  He also has memories of being rejected for making out with Bella and a memory of public woohoo with Kaylynn, but Kaylynn has no memories of anything.
Technically, only people who see the fire get a fire memory. If the fire occurs in another room, nobody sees the fire except the person who dies.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 December 28, 08:54:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the only memory of the incident Darleen has is "I am dead", and that goes once she is resurrected.  But when Angela died trying to make crepes suzettes, I'm pretty sure she had the memory of the fire before the "I am dead" one, and all her family plus Don who was visiting remember the fire, as they all came rushing in!

Zephyr Zodiac
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2005 December 28, 09:39:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maxis probably couldn't be bothered giving Darleen memories. She probably just tried to cook a toaster pastry one morning and stuffed her face instead.

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 December 28, 09:48:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, she had some memories, and since there are two Darleens the memories are confused, as are the characters themselves - one is a family sim the other is fortune, and that's just for starters!

Zephyr Zodiac
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2005 December 28, 09:52:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think one was made for pictures, and the other is refrenced for memories. One has character data, the other doesn't.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 December 28, 13:27:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

True, but totally wierd how several ghosts have duplicates.  If as you say the duplicate was made for pictures, why leave it in at all?  And why is one in daywear, one in a nighty?

Zephyr Zodiac
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2005 December 28, 14:02:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maxis is lazy? I dunno. What I noticed is that one Micheal Bachelor is Popularity, and the one with character data is Knowledge.

Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 December 28, 16:35:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are the red ghosts only for fire, or other things as well? I once had an angry red ghost that died of hunger.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: