More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 11, 18:44:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Best way to kill off townie children?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Best way to kill off townie children?  (Read 17122 times)
pamysue
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Best way to kill off townie children?
« Reply #25 on: 2005 August 04, 01:16:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, laurenke, pamy is unaware of that thing that makes your sims drown and then start on fire (or is it the other way around?).
Oh, shoot.  Well, here is the link.

I was unaware indeed.  Thanks for the link.  I rarely visit the official BBS (unless I've just refilled my prescription).  My old brain has trouble telling the messages from the signatures when trying to read thru those threads.  Was there something in one of those posts that leads me to a drowning/burning rock or something?

My favourite method of Sim-killing has to be the death field :-) I have this one college lot which has accumulated four tombstones so far - two mascots, a cheerleader, and a streaker. It would be five but I zombified a cheerleader to keep the lot going ;-)

You are a simmer after my own heart.  Nothing like taking a day at the office out on the townies.  Smiley  Now where do I find a death field?

I keep forgetting I have the Cow Plant in the buyable career rewards.  Too bad it won't eat the kids but that will work quite nicely for the older townies.  Thanks for all the great ideas.  Somehow I knew the people here would have good suggestions.

It's a shame that stupidity isn't painful.
pamysue
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 August 04, 01:20:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Works like a charm too, I finally turned all my pixel people's phones back on. I didn't mind the low relationship sims calling so much, but the maxed ones calling continously was a big nuisance and a waste of time.

That reminds me of something else that's been driving me crazy lately.  I've finally been letting my Sims get old and die off (thus wanting to get rid of the non-aging townies) and my surviving Sims are starting to be bombarded with "Living Sim and HIS DEAD GRANDFATHER are no longer best friends" messages.  Well, that's not exactly what it says, but that's how I read it.  I guess I should start calling my dead relatives so we don't lose touch.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 August 04, 01:45:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, there's a thought, a phone that lets you talk to dead people to keep your relationships up.

If you want those messages to stop, you may be interested in "enemiesaccumulate.package" from the Director's Cut package, which makes a few sanity changes to relational decay and enemy accumulation (such as allowing your grouchy sims to maintain their enemies without suddenly forgetting that they hate them, and if the little wussy isn't enough of a bastard to return the favor, make sure he does with some PHONE HARASSMENT!). It also moves relational decay to the start of the day, rather than midway through, makes friendship decay probabilistic in best friends (you have a 10/X chance of any best-friend relationship decaying every day, where X is the number of your best friends). Because let's face it, watching your sims spend 5 hours on the phone, during which you cannot save the game at all, gets old, uninteresting and tiresome fast, and I figure that 10 is a reasonable number which keeps the actual difficulty while dropping the tedium.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 August 04, 01:48:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can see it now.

"Bob, why don't we ever talk anymore?"
" . . . because you're dead?"
nothingbutsims
« Reply #29 on: 2005 August 04, 17:41:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The latest Phone Hack should curb the Unified Phone Stalking greatly: A higher minimum relationship is needed to be a valid caller, and a caller who you have maxed out relations with will no longer feel the need to harass you pointlessly, since nothing can be gained from this. Also, the caller will not phone for somebody who is not present or asleep at the time the call is generated, meaning you no longer get the cellphone harasser.

Works like a charm too, I finally turned all my pixel people's phones back on. I didn't mind the low relationship sims calling so much, but the maxed ones calling continously was a big nuisance and a waste of time.

G.

Yes, this is a great hack - I love it!  My phone hardly ever rings now.
pamysue
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 August 04, 20:01:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, there's a thought, a phone that lets you talk to dead people to keep your relationships up.

If you want those messages to stop, you may be interested in "enemiesaccumulate.package" from the Director's Cut package, which makes a few sanity changes to relational decay and enemy accumulation (such as allowing your grouchy sims to maintain their enemies without suddenly forgetting that they hate them, and if the little wussy isn't enough of a bastard to return the favor, make sure he does with some PHONE HARASSMENT!). It also moves relational decay to the start of the day, rather than midway through, makes friendship decay probabilistic in best friends (you have a 10/X chance of any best-friend relationship decaying every day, where X is the number of your best friends). Because let's face it, watching your sims spend 5 hours on the phone, during which you cannot save the game at all, gets old, uninteresting and tiresome fast, and I figure that 10 is a reasonable number which keeps the actual difficulty while dropping the tedium.

Ah, I missed this one as it came in the pack.  And thanks for the explanation.  That sounds like it will help a bit with the resentment from the great beyond.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: