More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 15, 10:49:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Is my BV game FUBAR?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Is my BV game FUBAR?  (Read 3075 times)
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Is my BV game FUBAR?
« on: 2007 October 09, 15:26:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I seem to have a weird issue.

When I send sims on vacation, plenty of townie and locals will show up on the hotel lots it is renting a room at (which is home lot).  But if I make that same sim visit other hotels lots as community lots, no sims at all other than the NPC will show up on those visited hotel.  When I sent it back "home" to its hotels, plenty of sims are there again.

The weird thing is that if I send the same sim visiting a non-renting community hotel lots (meaning it is not a hotel and there is no $ showing in description), townies and locals will show up on those lots.  Huh  It totally confuse me to why they show up on those non-renting place but won't on the other hotels lot it is not staying at.

Mods are no mods, and no matter which neighborhoods I go, I come up with the same results.

Is my game FUBAR?  Are townies and locals appearing on all lots all the time for you guys?
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
Re: Is my BV game FUBAR?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 October 09, 15:45:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I can just get this clear:
1) if your sim stays at a hotel, locals and townies will show up.
2) locals and townies show up at vacation community lots.
3) locals and townies do NOT show up if your sim visits, but does not check in, at a different hotel lot.

Is this the case?

If locals and townies are showing up at community lots and at your sims' hotel where they have a room, things seem to be working. 

It is likely that, if your sims are not checked in at a hotel, but visit it like a community lot, no other sims show up because nothing triggers them.  If you check in, other tourists/townies show up to take other rooms, but not before your sims get a chance to choose (if I understand this correctly).  You could test this by having your sims check into a different hotel and see if locals/townies show up then.  Now you have intrigued me with this - I must test it in my game.

In any case, your neighbourhood is not FUBAR, as far as I can tell.

The big question I would have is, is this a consistent thing, or do other people's games behave differently.

Tribulatio proxima est
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 October 09, 15:50:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cat from Go says "You are going to die."

No, not really. If your game is FUBAR, so's mine. Same thing happens to me.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 October 09, 15:51:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I can just get this clear:
1) if your sim stays at a hotel, locals and townies will show up.
2) locals and townies show up at vacation community lots.
3) locals and townies do NOT show up if your sim visits, but does not check in, at a different hotel lot.

Is this the case?

Yes it is exactly the case.  You got it right. Smiley

If locals and townies are showing up at community lots and at your sims' hotel where they have a room, things seem to be working.  

It is likely that, if your sims are not checked in at a hotel, but visit it like a community lot, no other sims show up because nothing triggers them.  If you check in, other tourists/townies show up to take other rooms, but not before your sims get a chance to choose (if I understand this correctly).  You could test this by having your sims check into a different hotel and see if locals/townies show up then.  Now you have intrigued me with this - I must test it in my game.

In any case, your neighbourhood is not FUBAR, as far as I can tell.

The big question I would have is, is this a consistent thing, or do other people's games behave differently.

Now this is reassuring reading.  I truly hope nothing wrong in my game since I spend hours placing lots in my cc sections and do not want to have to redo this again.

I can't wait for your report. Smiley  Thanks for the fast answer.

No, not really. If your game is FUBAR, so's mine. Same thing happens to me.

Can I kiss you  Grin  You are making me quite happy with your answer.  It is reassuring to see it is that way in other peoples game. 

ETA:  Jolrei I just notice I forgot to answer one of your question.  When I check sim out of a hotel and made them check in another, sims do show on that new check in hotel so I guess nothing is wrong with my game.  This just brought up a question though.  Let's say I would have 3 different sims check in 3 different hotels.  If sim A check in at Hote Al, sim B at hotel B etc.  If I send sim A visit sim B and C hotels, would sims appear there since something did trigger the lot earlier for sims to appear?  Actually do they even have the possibility to visit a hotel lot occupied by another sim?

« Last Edit: 2007 October 09, 17:56:21 by MissDoh » Logged
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 October 09, 19:31:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This just brought up a question though.  Let's say I would have 3 different sims check in 3 different hotels.  If sim A check in at Hote Al, sim B at hotel B etc.  If I send sim A visit sim B and C hotels, would sims appear there since something did trigger the lot earlier for sims to appear?  Actually do they even have the possibility to visit a hotel lot occupied by another sim?

Sounds like something you should experiment with and report back on, Missy D. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 October 09, 20:01:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol Joe, you know I will if nobody answers in the meantime.   Grin

I do not mind trying stuff like that at all, now that I am reassured my game is behaving correctly, skies the limit.  Tongue
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: