More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 22:25:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Front Door Hack v2.0
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Front Door Hack v2.0  (Read 72111 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Front Door Hack v2.0
« on: 2005 November 16, 12:01:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Like Front Door Hack 1, but now with exclusion of (standard) Maxian garage doors, so people don't immediately go ring your garage. Should work in garageless editions of game as well.

NL: frontdoorhack.zip
OLD: frontdoorhack.zip

Front Door Hack (v2b) for TS2 v1.0p1-v1.0p2 to TS2NL v1.0p1
Made by: Flying Fish Systems (J. M. Pescado)

Special Thanks To:
Quaxi, for writing SimPE

Congratulations to: Draklixa!

INSTRUCTIONS:
Place in your MYDOCU~1\EAGAME~1\THESIM~1\DOWNLO~1 directory.

CHANGES:
Deliverypersons should no longer be irresistably drawn to the inaccessible door
of the mausoleum in the backyard when making their deliveries. Garage doors are
not considered front doors regardless of level.

COMPATIBILITY:
This hack is fully compatible with all FFS hacks.
Tested for TS2NL v1.0p1.

SIDE EFFECTS:
May cause computer damage, incontinence, explosion of user's head, coma, death,
and/or halitosis.
« Last Edit: 2006 January 15, 09:53:37 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
lauraglenn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Front Door Hack v2.0
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 16, 12:28:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for this.  I'm so very tired of everyone using the garage door as a front door.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 16, 19:28:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

will it also stop people using regular doors in unattached garages?
PKTrekGirl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 17, 04:14:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Love this one too!

No more grocery delivery guys going into the fenced backyard to ring the bell on the basement sliding glass door for no apparent reason!
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 17, 06:46:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just put this updated hack in my game, and now when sims come to drop off flowers for my sims after their dates, they walk from one side of the porch to the other, turn around several times, then walk off with the flowers.  This was at the Grunt house.  I didn't save and took the hack out, and they were able to leave the flowers.  There were two sims at the same time because Ripp had two dates back-to-back.  One was leaving a bouquet, and the other the single rose in a vase.  I did this several times with and without the hack to make sure, and when the hack was in, they left with the flowers, when I took it out, they left the flowers as normal.
Ilikecoffee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 17, 18:17:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't had any difficulty with this hack.  Tested it with a date and the flowers were left at the front door.  I've had it running for seven days sim time.
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

Fook me, it took long enough to get a title!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 17, 20:00:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You beaut...

Meh...
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 November 23, 16:55:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just put this updated hack in my game, and now when sims come to drop off flowers for my sims after their dates, they walk from one side of the porch to the other, turn around several times, then walk off with the flowers.  This was at the Grunt house.  I didn't save and took the hack out, and they were able to leave the flowers.  There were two sims at the same time because Ripp had two dates back-to-back.  One was leaving a bouquet, and the other the single rose in a vase.  I did this several times with and without the hack to make sure, and when the hack was in, they left with the flowers, when I took it out, they left the flowers as normal.
It probably has nothing to do with the hack.  If a sim has to dodge another sim when leaving flowers, they will walk off with them.  I haven't played Strangetown for a while but if they have a porch that is wide then put a large plant on both sides of the porch so they can't pass the plant.  This will cause them to have to go up the stairs one at a time and will eliminate the porch tango.  This only applies if either side of the porch will fit only one sim at a time.  They might not get the move command that messes up the leave flowers command.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 November 23, 17:00:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Process Denied:  That's the conclusion I came to.  I didn't post back, but I figured it must have been a coincidence that the few times I reloaded the game with and without this hack, they delivered the flowers successfully the times the hack was removed.  Because the last time I loaded the game without the hack after posting this message, they weren't able to leave them.  So I deleted the columns on either side of the porch, and they were able to leave them.  I didn't think about putting a plant there.  Maybe I'll try that the next time I play the lot.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2005 November 27, 06:54:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually had something kinda similar to this happen in my sister's game. I was wondering if anyone might have had an issue with this regarding sims who live in the same household. My sister had a married couple go out on a date; she had the husband ask the wife out, and then made them go downtown. She had them come back to the house where it ended with a dream date. In the evening, the wife went outside to leave a bouquet of roses. The house had a narrow entranceway, with a single tile front door. The wife went outside, stepped to the side of the door, and then got stuck in a loop of putting the flowers down, turning around, the bouquet seemingly teleporting back into her hand, turning back again to put it down, cycle, rinse, repeat. It just happened that the only way my sister was able to break the cycle was because the sim had bladder desperation, and she had directed the sim to use the toilet, which finally resulted in the sim breaking out of the cycle and running to the bathroom.

I've yet to test the game without the hack. I'll probably do it when my sister finally gets off her computer. Tongue But I was just wondering if anyone else might have had this problem as well?

Ste

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 November 27, 06:59:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Syberspunk, I've had that myself, as I described here:  http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=1123.msg46154#msg46154
I've heard others talk about it also.  I don't think it has anything to do with this hack.  It seems that if you queue up something for the sim to do, it will break the loop.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2005 November 27, 08:21:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahhh... thank you rainbow. Smiley

Well... I finally got to test it out a little bit cuz my sis went to sleep. Tongue Without the hack, it worked fine. However, I also tested with the hack back in the game and it also worked fine.  Huh

The slight difference, and I don't know if this makes a difference, is that I kept made the sims have their "date" at home. So, my questions to you (rainbow) is:

1) Did this bouquet spin loop happen to you more than once? With different couples?

2) Did it matter whether the date was outside the house? Or it happened in either case?

3) Did you try playing with testingcheatsenabled/debug mode on? (I haven't tried this myself yet).

I suspect then that it might just be one of those minor weird errors that crop up now and then. Unless it happens with much more consistency. So far, with my limited testing, I did not yet see a pattern. *shrugs*

It could just be that, when sims return home from dates, some certain variables get garbage values, causing funky errors, like this bouquet loop, or sims leaving dates and complaining about it being too late when you asked them to come home, and other weird stuff. It kinda sucks because it seems that these kind of bugs are hard to pin down what might be causing them if they don't actually produce jump bug/resettable type errors that pop up error dialogs. Tongue

And I don't know if this is something serious enough that Pescado would consider looking into it. Oh well, guess it's something we'll just have to live with then.  Roll Eyes

Ste

reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 December 04, 11:53:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The flower loop thing happened numerous times for me on one particular lot. My Email lot, in fact, which has no door at all, front or otherwise, and without this hack in the game. The dates were mostly at-home ones. I don't recall if this specifically ever happened on an outing date.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 December 05, 02:31:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, I meant to respond to this post but I couldn't at the time and never got back to it. Tongue
Ahhh... thank you rainbow. Smiley

Well... I finally got to test it out a little bit cuz my sis went to sleep. Tongue Without the hack, it worked fine. However, I also tested with the hack back in the game and it also worked fine.  Huh

The slight difference, and I don't know if this makes a difference, is that I kept made the sims have their "date" at home. So, my questions to you (rainbow) is:

1) Did this bouquet spin loop happen to you more than once? With different couples?
Yes, and yes.
2) Did it matter whether the date was outside the house? Or it happened in either case?
Didn't seem to matter.  The date often started at home and moved downtown and back home again, since they lived in the same house.
3) Did you try playing with testingcheatsenabled/debug mode on? (I haven't tried this myself yet).
Always. Smiley
And I don't know if this is something serious enough that Pescado would consider looking into it. Oh well, guess it's something we'll just have to live with then.  Roll Eyes
I wish he or TwoJeffs or someone would, because it is danged annoying.
Sarahzsmyl
Asinine Airhead

"Say 'Good night,' Manuel..."

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 January 15, 23:58:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wonderful...

I can unfence my backyards and add access to doors to the garage again.  Sometimes...
I just want to take there dum-dum-dummy heads and nnnnnnnGH!!!

\\\"Science without religion is lame, and religion without science is lame.\\\" --Albert Einstein
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 January 16, 00:08:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the flower loop as well.  But it only seems to happen when the couple live in the same household and you have control over both of them.  (like a husband and wife for example)  I have never seen this happen when the sim's date lives on another lot and they come by to drop off the flowers.

Another thing I've noticed is that if they get caught in this loop they'll do it 6 times in a row at the most.  Some won't do it this many times.  But none has ever done it more than 6 times.   
Baronetess
TaWanda
Nitwitted Nuisance

stolen from obsessiveicons@livejournal

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 January 18, 05:10:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just installed and tested this hack and am wondering what decides which door is the front door?.
The front door to my house is closest to the street, maybe 3 tiles back, but 6 or 8 tiles down from the mailbox. The side door to my house is about 6 tiles back from the street but almost straight behind the mailbox. The house is on a foundation. The side door to the garage is 3 tiles directly across from the side door to the house, down the steps. All my visitors and NPC's are still going to the side door in the garage. Are they using this door because it's closest to the ground?
 If I bulid my house and garage on the same level will the front door be whatever door is closest to the street, or the mailbox, or what? Does being on a corner lot make any difference?
Let the lip ripping begin, I just want to know where to place those fancy stained glass doors I downloaded Grin
PS. It would be awesome if visitors could use the front door and service NPCs still went to the side door, kind of like real life in some of the more posh neighborhoods LOL
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 January 18, 06:15:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just installed and tested this hack and am wondering what decides which door is the front door?.
The front door to my house is closest to the street, maybe 3 tiles back, but 6 or 8 tiles down from the mailbox. The side door to my house is about 6 tiles back from the street but almost straight behind the mailbox. The house is on a foundation. The side door to the garage is 3 tiles directly across from the side door to the house, down the steps. All my visitors and NPC's are still going to the side door in the garage. Are they using this door because it's closest to the ground?
Yes, a door on a lower level will be preferentially chosen over any door on a higher level, by default, which results in wigginess with doors to garages that must be on the lowest level. Solutions for this are currently being contemplated.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baronetess
vcline
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 January 19, 03:10:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had to remove a regular door on a garage because people would go there rather than the front door.
philh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 June 15, 08:55:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello.   I think there is a small problem with this one.  After installing
this the delivery person, pizza person and the Chinese delivery person
all don't enter my gate anymore.  My whole lot is enclosed in a
wall with a front gate, well except for the garage door and wall
part of the whole wall.  The delivery guys just stand there untill
time is up and they leave the delivery on the ground and drive away.
I tested this more than a dozen times and the only fix I found
was to remove my gate and leave a 2 tile opening in my wall
and they then were able go up to my front door on a foundation.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 June 15, 09:38:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You didn't by any chance LOCK the gate, rendering it impassable, did you? Because I have lots of setups like this, and they work fine....screenshot of house?

philh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 June 18, 21:27:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How do you lock or unlock a gate?  I tried but there are no interactions
with the gate.  Here is a snapshot to give you an idea of how the
lot looks like.   Cheesy Grin  It's completely closed in.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 June 19, 00:32:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The ability to lock doors and gates came with OFB -- do you not have OFB?

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 June 19, 01:25:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of locking... I noticed garage doors can't be locked. Any chance this can be rolled into this mod (or made in another mod)?
A garage door should never be used for pedestrial traffic, not even by playables.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 June 19, 03:10:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I have one sim who constantly uses the garage door to enter the garage since I put his workbench out there, but I put a regular door for him to use.  He still uses the garage door.  The sound is annoying.   Angry
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: