More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 16, 20:33:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Uni questions, and playing advice
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Uni questions, and playing advice  (Read 10983 times)
adriennelisa
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Uni questions, and playing advice
« Reply #25 on: 2006 October 10, 18:08:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By "reset" I mean this:  I move sim A into a dorm that usually already has a bed, and sometimes a table. The game automaticlly fills in the other rooms with non-playable sims.  A few days later, I move sim B into the same dorm and the game says to wait while it moves some of the dormies out to make room (the "reset").  But the cleared out rooms don't refurnish a bed, so now my sims has to pay for it.   Undecided
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 October 10, 18:16:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By "reset" I mean this:  I move sim A into a dorm that usually already has a bed, and sometimes a table. The game automatically fills in the other rooms with non-playable sims.  A few days later, I move sim B into the same dorm and the game says to wait while it moves some of the dormies out to make room (the "reset").  But the cleared out rooms don't refurnish a bed, so now my sims has to pay for it.   Undecided

That's weird -- there's always at least a cheap bed in every room. You could go into buy mode and check before moving the new sim in (or build mode if the dorm is empty), since hidden rooms are no longer hidden in buy and build mode.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Eleonora
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 October 10, 18:31:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's weird -- there's always at least a cheap bed in every room. You could go into buy mode and check before moving the new sim in (or build mode if the dorm is empty), since hidden rooms are no longer hidden in buy and build mode.

Or sim A was being an asshole and sold all the stuff that was in the dormie rooms, and now sim B pays the price.  Cheesy

This is her picture as she was / It seems a thing to wonder on / As though mine image in the glass / Should tarry when myself am gone.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 October 10, 18:40:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or sim A was being an asshole and sold all the stuff that was in the dormie rooms, and now sim B pays the price.  Cheesy
And whose fault was THAT, I wonder? Hoist on your own petard, methinks.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
adriennelisa
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 October 10, 20:26:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I don't do anything to the other rooms, the beds just disapear on their own (when the unplayables move in).  So if I go into buy or build mode right before moving sim b in, they don't have to pay for a new bed?
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 October 11, 12:38:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I don't do anything to the other rooms, the beds just disapear on their own (when the unplayables move in).  So if I go into buy or build mode right before moving sim b in, they don't have to pay for a new bed?

Not necessary -- once the dormie moves out, the room and its contents should be visible again.  If you haven't sold off the bed or other contents, they'll still be there. If the contents aren't visible, you may have encountered the same bug I did once.

I had a bug in one dorm once where the room didn't become visible after the dormie moved out, and my sim couldn't put any furniture in it because the furniture was already there, just invisible.  The only way I found to solve it was to move him out and then back in -- that reset the empty room, and it was fine. Haven't seen it happen again in that dorm or any other since.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 October 11, 14:06:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By "reset" I mean this:  I move sim A into a dorm that usually already has a bed, and sometimes a table. The game automaticlly fills in the other rooms with non-playable sims.  A few days later, I move sim B into the same dorm and the game says to wait while it moves some of the dormies out to make room (the "reset").  But the cleared out rooms don't refurnish a bed, so now my sims has to pay for it.   Undecided

I've had this happen once or twice...  Thing is, next play session the furniture will have returned.  It seems that the room somehow gets stuck on invisible mode, but the furniture is still there.  Reloading usually helps.
adriennelisa
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 October 11, 17:54:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had this happen once or twice...  Thing is, next play session the furniture will have returned.  It seems that the room somehow gets stuck on invisible mode, but the furniture is still there.  Reloading usually helps.

This is exactly the (next) problem I have.  I posted this q on another site but no one answered it.  THANK YOU! Grin
I assume that by "reload" you mean go out of the game and then back in?  Or just back to the school neighborhood?
« Last Edit: 2006 October 11, 18:00:15 by adriennelisa » Logged
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 October 11, 22:07:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well...  the times I've had this happen, I've replaced the furniture... and found that there are places you just can't put things down.  Once I turned move objects on and jammed it in.

Both times, I've completely exited the game and gone back in, just because it was the end of my playing session...  I really don't know whether just reloading the dorm, the uni, the neighbourhood would have worked, but it's something I will look into if it ever happens again.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: