More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 15, 13:32:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Disturbing Discovery
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Disturbing Discovery  (Read 6865 times)
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
Disturbing Discovery
« on: 2006 October 21, 21:04:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, I'm playing my game as I normally do, when I hear some sort of xylophone-sounding noise. I look around to find the source. The toddler is in his crib, no one is using any kind of instrument. I gave up. I started the game again, only to hear the noise and notice another detail. There seems to be a water noise behind the xylophone noise. Naturally, I head to the bathroom, only to discover something truly horrifiying!

The noise was coming from the little boy using the expensive toilet. Every time he "got it in the bowl" the xylophone went off. Did this come with the game? This is kind of freaky.  Lips sealed
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
Re: Disturbing Discovery
« Reply #1 on: 2006 October 21, 21:06:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is normal and has been around for several expansions (it might have been in the base game).
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 October 21, 21:07:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, I'm playing my game as I normally do, when I hear some sort of xylophone-sounding noise. I look around to find the source. The toddler is in his crib, no one is using any kind of instrument. I gave up. I started the game again, only to hear the noise and notice another detail. There seems to be a water noise behind the xylophone noise. Naturally, I head to the bathroom, only to discover something truly horrifiying!

The noise was coming from the little boy using the expensive toilet. Every time he "got it in the bowl" the xylophone went off. Did this come with the game? This is kind of freaky.  Lips sealed

Little boys always "tinkle".  This is nothing new, it's been this way since the game first came out.  It's Maxis's idea of a joke.  Don't worry, he'll grow out of it when he becomes a teen.

Karen
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 October 21, 23:21:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It doesn't necessarily stop as sims age...  but it does get quieter and less high-pitched so isn't as noticeable.   Tongue
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 October 22, 02:44:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Prima guide claims that playful male children will "twinkle" when they pee.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
V
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 October 22, 03:00:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't imagine how I have never heard this... oh, I bet it is because I never stand around waiting for boys to finish in the bathroom!   Cheesy  I usually queue up using the bathroom followed by other greening activities and then go do something else with someone else until the peeing sim catches up with me!

Cheesy Cheesy

Of course now I am going to have to hover around the little boy's room... that ought to win me reputation points of some kind or other!

Tongue

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 October 22, 04:12:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

reggikko pointed out in her email story that they still tinkle even when they are using the money plant to pee in.

kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 October 22, 04:19:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't believe I've read reggikko's stories. I might just do that.

Also, Rohina, I hope you get your simpage fixed up. It's a real shame what happened.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 October 22, 04:53:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Working on moving the legacy. I'll put the link back in my siggy when it's updated.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 October 22, 04:55:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

reggikko pointed out in her email story that they still tinkle even when they are using the money plant to pee in.
The tone is tied to the animation when sims pee. When I added that little colorful "water" action to the tree, the sound came tied to the animation.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Vren Lyet
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 October 22, 15:00:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible to change, replace or remove the sound (or sounds in general)?

Black holes suck!
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 October 31, 05:11:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't know if they can be removed, but you can mute them, or turn particular ones (i.e. voices or music) way down in the audio controls.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 October 31, 05:33:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but with sounds keyed to animations, the animation itself has to be hacked to de-sound it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 October 31, 13:31:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never observed this, but I play w/ the sims on mute and just turn on the radio, so I've yet to hear little boys "tinkling". Heck, I'm not even sure what the xylophone sounds like ingame, lol.
Digitalis
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 October 31, 21:11:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The first time I heard that music, it confused me greatly. I only just heard it recently, too. I couldn't understand why Maxis decided to have music play when a boy uses the bathroom. I just figured it was a happy diddy, because they actually hit inside the toilet, not on it. Roll Eyes

The only other theory I had was "those Maxis freaks really are freaks".
Marg
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 November 01, 01:17:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are actually things you can buy to use when training little boys to have better aim.    grin    It floats in the toilet water and when the stream of urine hits it, it plays a little tune.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 November 01, 01:38:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Too funny, Marg - I've never seen those before! Though I wouldn't be surprised if someone from Maxis has and decided to build it into the game  Cheesy

The effect actually reminds me a hotel lobby restroom I used in Japan. When you sat down, a little speaker behind the bowl played, like, babbling stream noises. Kind of like a privacy thing so obscure the tinkling sounds. Too cute. Though it made it kind of odd, trying to pee while I was giggling (^_-)

Liz

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 November 01, 04:27:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of Japanese restrooms, can you believe how CLEAN they are? Even the public, airport bathrooms look clean enough to sit on. Although I'm so used to nasty American bathrooms that I wouldn't dare.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 November 01, 13:45:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of Japanese restrooms, can you believe how CLEAN they are? Even the public, airport bathrooms look clean enough to sit on.

I can report the same is true in Iceland -- cleanest bathrooms we've ever seen anywhere, even the public ones on the streets.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: