More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 22:51:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Graphical Glitch? What?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Graphical Glitch? What?  (Read 4915 times)
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
Graphical Glitch? What?
« on: 2008 May 05, 20:24:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Every so often, maybe when i've been playing too long, my game will get weird black triangles and parts of people will start disappearing.

What the hell causes that? graphics card overworked? game asplode?
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: Graphical Glitch? What?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 May 05, 21:56:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm going to bet you have an nVidia card.  That seems to be an ongoing problem with some versions of their drivers.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2008 May 05, 22:10:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep. Nvidia Geforce 8600 GT... using the drivers it came with. Tongue

It doesn't happen ALL THE TIME... like 1 out of every 8 times I play. but especially if I play for a long time... and/or sometimes i'm doin other things like watching videos etc... I generally play in windowed mode and multitask when i'm not shooting pictures for the storyline.

if it goes too crazy, i save n quit... and it's usually fine when I bring it back up. so I don't really care. I just wondered what caused it is all.
Kazzandra
Pinheaded Pissant

spukhafte Fernwirkung

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 May 05, 22:11:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Warning! Simulated Nudity with link below:
Does it look like this?
I do NOT have a Nividia card, but an ATI Radeon 9600.
toad in the hole
Blathering Buffoon

Lurking Stats: 0.044 posts per day

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 May 05, 22:24:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unfortunately I'm familiar with the nvidia issue as well.
Newer forceware versions (plus the blurry textures configuration fix at MTS maybe) resulted in various crashes and glitches for me:
Black faces on sims, weird triangles everywhere, furthermore an apocalyptic neighbourhood screen in purple and black, crashes to desktop or a sudden computer restart.
After removing forceware plus the settings folder and reinstalling my (very) old drivers the problem seems to be gone, but the performance is still kind of shaky sometimes.
Daisy
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 May 06, 10:15:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also had issues with my nvidia card (GeForce GO 6600, not supported for Sims2) after I installed Bon Voyage. As well as the huge black triangles my sims would float around with their arms out in quite a sinister way after about ten minutes of game play. I resolved by adding "boolprop useshaders false" to my userstartup cheat. No problems since, although you lose the fish in ponds.
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2008 May 06, 12:21:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kazz, no. the triangles are big and black and elongated and stretch over the whole screen.

hmm. I guess I'll try turning the shaders off next time. I don't really have fish in my college hood. Just FISH HEAD.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 May 06, 12:47:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had what I believe was this exact same problem after installing BV & FT. Giant, spastic black triangles that would flash and twitch all over the screen, until either I quit (if able) or the whole computer crashed (more often, the result). This was with no CC or hacks on a computer with an NVidia GeForce 8800 GTS. I installed the newest drivers, which helped a little bit. The game held out longer (and looked even spiffier, lol), but the secret black triangle conspiracy struck again. Next step, Windows Update to grab the Windows XP upgrades for my video card (and the monitor, while I was at it, because whatthehell). Installed those and have played for sim-weeks without any sign of the problem returning... yet. Grin

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2008 August 12, 16:31:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know I'm necromancing, (Oh the sexy sexy dead love) but I just got redirected here from another post and read a possible solution to my issues. I guess I'll try upgrading my drivers next time my computer crashes.

Also, the fun of my computer going beyond BLACK for the triangles... For those of you that missed it, here it is...

Normally it's not THIS intense. That gorgeous piece of artwork happened only once. I was starting to think that maybe it was hood decorations like clouds or other flying things, so I got rid of all the decorations in my hood (which weren't much since it was a hood I created and not a maxoid one), but no.

So. updating I guess. wheeee!

oh that sexy sexy skeletor guy is soooo hot! Cheesy
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: