More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 05, 23:37:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540273 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Changing Strays' Family Name
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Changing Strays' Family Name  (Read 3998 times)
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
Changing Strays' Family Name
« on: 2010 August 23, 07:27:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my current neighborhood, the strays' family name is the same as one of my playable families'. This is pretty annoying, because every time I want to summon one of said playables (using Inge's cat), I have to click through a bunch of pets.
Now I'm wondering if I can change the strays' name (e.g. to "Strays" Tongue) without messing anything up? And if so, is it enough to just change the Family Information label, or is there something else I have to do?

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
Re: Changing Strays' Family Name
« Reply #1 on: 2010 August 23, 14:08:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I'm pretty sure if you just find the family information resource in SimPE corresponding to the strays family and change its name to something else it will be fine.  I haven't actually done it with non-playable families yet, but I've heard of people who have changed the names of all of the NPC/townie families to something rational, and nothing blew up.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 August 23, 14:47:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's safe to change, I do this to townie/NPC families all the time. The only one I've never touched is the 'Default' family, where object NPCs (Grim Reaper etc) and dead sims go.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 August 23, 17:48:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Default isn't actually a fambly and cannot be renamed, so don't even try: It's what happens when a sim is not in a fambly.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 August 23, 19:32:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I figured as much. It's one of those off-limits things.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 August 24, 16:38:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's safe to change, I do this to townie/NPC families all the time. The only one I've never touched is the 'Default' family, where object NPCs (Grim Reaper etc) and dead sims go.
Thanks for the info. I *know* that I've read that it was safe before, but I couldn't find the thread, so I thought I'd better double check.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: