More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 08, 04:45:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Can one hack break another hack?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Can one hack break another hack?  (Read 2460 times)
ScoobyDoo
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Can one hack break another hack?
« on: 2007 June 05, 00:05:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With Celebrations & Pets macrotastic is causing sim resets during dancing and a few other actions.  When I remove macrotastic testingcheats doesn't report any errors.  Is it possible another hack is causing macrotatics to fail, but so no signs when macro isn't installed.  Or does macrotastics have problems with Celebrations?
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: Can one hack break another hack?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 June 05, 00:48:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's very likely some other hack that's outdated, but post the error log here so the awesome folks can check it.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ScoobyDoo
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 June 05, 02:11:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hack conflict detector found nothing pertaining to macro, just on the skintone selector and a marrage name.

Also this just started happening after Celebrations, everything was working ok with Pets.  Isn't Celebrations based off the older Open for Business engine?
« Last Edit: 2007 June 05, 02:15:12 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 June 05, 02:14:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With Celebrations & Pets macrotastic is causing sim resets during dancing and a few other actions.  When I remove macrotastic testingcheats doesn't report any errors.  Is it possible another hack is causing macrotatics to fail, but so no signs when macro isn't installed.  Or does macrotastics have problems with Celebrations?
Celebrations breaks the engine-detection, because its bits say it comes after Seasons, but it doesn't, so it's broken. Some method of coding a messy kludge to fix it is being looked into. Celebrations without Seasons is not a presently supported configuration of game due to these issues.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ScoobyDoo
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 June 05, 02:23:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah ok I'll uninstall it and wait till I get Seasons.  I think I rememeber reading you did mention the version value was greater than Seasons.

Thanks Pescado
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: