More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 07:44:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Invisible (crashing) house
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Invisible (crashing) house  (Read 11494 times)
speedreader
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Invisible (crashing) house
« on: 2006 January 09, 21:50:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of the original Pleasantview houses is now behaving strangely.  My graphics card tends to crash at some point during play at that lot, and when playing other homes in that area I notice the house is invisible except the roof and no outside floor tiles show up.  I should have taken a photo, but forgot when I was ingame.

I originally thought I had issues with my graphics drivers, etc.  All is well and I can play hours at any other lot.  Just this one lot crashes the card. 

I tend to keep families in the same house for generations and this is one of those houses.  I can certainly buldoze and start over if I must, but must I?  Thank heavens I can at least save all those family portraits painted over the years!

Thanks for any suggestions you all have.
Marquis
Twain
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
Re: Invisible (crashing) house
« Reply #1 on: 2006 January 09, 23:37:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well if I recall correctly the Invisible House is not suppose to show up until you have played 62,000 game hours.

Have you played that long yet?   Grin

Good breeding consists of concealing how much we think of ourselves and how little we think of the other person. - Mark Twain
www.thesporum.net
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 January 09, 23:39:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*smacks twain* LMAO Grin

speedreader, I'd get all the stuff you want to keep in the inventory(ies) and move them to a new lot.  Wink

TreyNutz
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 January 09, 23:53:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well if I recall correctly the Invisible House is not suppose to show up until you have played 62,000 game hours.

Have you played that long yet?   Grin

I didn't know that the invisible house crashed your game!  Shocked  Well, I'll just reformat my drive before I get to 62,000 game hours so that won't be a problem.

Thanks for the tip!

Just coincidence but it works.
shadow
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 January 10, 00:16:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you do that, Trey, won't you have to start accumulating hours of play all over again?  I think I'd wait until I actually had the invisible house, save it, then reinstall.
LK
Terrible Twerp

Humanity can suck my hard drive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 January 10, 00:36:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You probably used woolProp whilst defrogging your hard drive, didn't you?  You'll have to download a new CPU.  Tongue

http://www.thesporum.net
The First, The Original, The Best
Marquis
Twain
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 January 10, 01:04:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of downloading a new CPU....

any idea where I can download a new Video Card?

Good breeding consists of concealing how much we think of ourselves and how little we think of the other person. - Mark Twain
www.thesporum.net
FatedCircle
Obtuse Oaf

Doink!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 January 10, 01:13:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* FC giggles

Cheesy

Billy, put down that phylactery, we're Episcopalian.
Baa
Nitwitted Nuisance

cat hair

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 January 10, 01:14:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought Bella lived in the Invisible House, but I can't see her because it's invisible.

i pop that P like you don't believe
and if ya want me you won't succeed!
Marquis
Twain
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 January 10, 01:17:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No Kingdom...it is the Sim that looks like her...not her...but the other one...yeah THAT sims...the one who wears the dress, with the things on it.

www.thesporum.net
Marquis
Twain
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2006 January 10, 01:21:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ya think?  Wink

But seriously the beauty of the Invisible house is the fact that it is invisible..so once you find it...it is not the invisible house, but in fact it becomes the visible house, leaving you free to continue your search for the invisible house.  Grin

www.thesporum.net
TreyNutz
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 January 10, 01:44:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ya think?  Wink

But seriously the beauty of the Invisible house is the fact that it is invisible..so once you find it...it is not the invisible house, but in fact it becomes the visible house, leaving you free to continue your search for the invisible house.  Grin

Well no wonder it crashes the game!  You (and your computer) get stuck in an infinite loop, looking for a house you can't see that becomes visible once you see it.
I hope I made myself clear.

Just coincidence but it works.
rhodaloo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 January 10, 01:45:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There, there.  *pats Morons_should_die on the shoulder* "The invisible house" started me posting on MATY
Marquis
Twain
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2006 January 10, 02:26:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And to be nice...here is the thread that started all the Invisible House Fun on the BBS.

www.thesporum.net
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 January 10, 03:09:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oh that house..well certain graphic cards cant handle that house.... mine crashes everytime.  Its in the Specs..... Cheesy

SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 January 10, 03:36:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And to be gloating...I started the burn/drown phenomenon...dammit.  Roll Eyes

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
speedreader
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 January 10, 04:04:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, crap.  I had forgotten all about that invisible house.  I suppose since I have Sims living inside, the next time I try to play them they will be invisible as well and I won't be able to see which one has that hair.  You know, that hair...

I'm getting out of that house while the getting is good. 
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 January 10, 07:13:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always thought the Invisible House was the Secret Society House - invisible until you go there!

Zephyr Zodiac
Marquis
Twain
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2006 January 10, 18:25:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No Zephyr...once you find it it is Visible, so you are still looking for the Invisible House.  The Invisible House will always been Invisible...the Secret Society is only the sometimes Invisible House.

www.thesporum.net
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 January 10, 18:30:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know where the invisible house is! it's right near the blue one, no not that blue one the other blue one, the one with the things in the yard. Yeah those things.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 January 10, 19:45:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I wouldn't like to say how many hours of game play I've notched up, but I've never had an invisible house.  Maybe my sims move too often?

Zephyr Zodiac
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2006 January 14, 20:01:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of the original Pleasantview houses is now behaving strangely.  My graphics card tends to crash at some point during play at that lot, and when playing other homes in that area I notice the house is invisible except the roof and no outside floor tiles show up.  I should have taken a photo, but forgot when I was ingame.

I originally thought I had issues with my graphics drivers, etc.  All is well and I can play hours at any other lot.  Just this one lot crashes the card. 

I tend to keep families in the same house for generations and this is one of those houses.  I can certainly buldoze and start over if I must, but must I?  Thank heavens I can at least save all those family portraits painted over the years!

Seriously (to drag this thread back on track): isn't there a problem associated with moving sim-painted portraits in Inventory? Don't they get wiped & replaced with a default picture?

If saving your sim-painted pictures is important, I'm wondering if you could resolve your issues by "bulldozing" the slow way - removing the roof and deleting furniture and then deleting walls. What happens if, for example, you take the wall covering off the outside walls? Do they then show up in the Neighbourhood view?

I'm having an issue right now with an invisible swimming pool in Neighbourhood 002 - one family only has a swimming pool that won't show up. But I seem to remember that I used terrain paint in the garden. I have a feeling that the pool is invisible because the Neighbourhood view is seeing terrain paint that I'm not able to delete, even after removing the swimming pool. Could this be your problem? Are there terrain paints outside under floor tiles (or even instead of floor tiles), or pressed up against walls?

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 January 15, 01:05:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Terrain paints suck!  Pity one can't get rid of the whole darn lot!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: