More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 12:54:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Zombies
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Zombies  (Read 23824 times)
Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

:P

View Profile
Re: Zombies
« Reply #25 on: 2006 January 15, 21:23:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Oddy, I thought it might be that I just haven't had time to check it out.

A proud thread pirate.
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 January 15, 21:37:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Question: so can zombies die again?

Yes, but not from old age, since they don't age.

And then you can ressurect them again - if you pay enough they will come back as normal sim beings.

My one and only zombie is called Jack Thompson.

Inteen for AL, yay!
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 January 15, 21:41:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Oddy, I thought it might be that I just haven't had time to check it out.

Trubble, this is OT, but why is it snowing on your avatar?  Does that help douse the flames?

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 January 15, 22:14:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I made Bella Goth in Strangetown a Zombie once.  That was fun.

Being the romancer that she is, she wanted to flirt with the husband of the woman that resurected her.  But I decided to make her take a much needed shower then moved her out.  She spent the rest of her days dragging herself up the sidewalk and kicking people's trashcan over.

I didn't find it all that depressing myself...
Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 January 16, 03:46:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The first zombie I created was accidental: I resurrected an Elder to help take care of a young couple's new baby (to avoid having a Nanny), and didn't pay enough for a live version. Oddly enough, even as a zombie, she turned out to be very good at childcare...much better than any Nanny could possibly be!

I have a pair of lesbian zombies in my Strangetown. They're the most devoted parents ever, to their adopted son.

One of them (a Romance Sim) has lately been making eyes at a vampire, though. I'm so curious about what a vampire-zombie would look like that I may just "encourage" that relationship to find out. I'm not even sure a vampire will bite a zombie, considering they're both undead...
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 January 16, 03:57:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And then you can ressurect them again - if you pay enough they will come back as normal sim beings.
You can't de-zombie a zombie. Even if you kill it and resurrect it perfectly, it will still be a zombie. If you kill a zombie and resurrect it backwards, you get a zombie with lots of personality points, though.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
TreyNutz
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 January 16, 04:11:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can't de-zombie a zombie. Even if you kill it and resurrect it perfectly, it will still be a zombie. If you kill a zombie and resurrect it backwards, you get a zombie with lots of personality points, though.

So far, with both of my zombies, I've done just that.  The first one was a zombie vampire that couldn't get out of the sun fast enough (he just HAD to watch that abductee return home at 7am) and burned to death.  The second one I fed to the cowplant immediately after his first resurrection and resurrected him again to get the reverse personality.  That poor guy had max skills when he died (the first time).  After both resurrections they were all down to 1 point each.  Thank goodness he's a knowledge sim.  He's got an eternity to max them out again.

Eventually I'll have to do a real zombie, with the full sloppy/lazy/grouchy personality.

Just coincidence but it works.
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 January 16, 04:38:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you just encourage personality traits in a zombie like you would for any normal sim?  Seems like a pain to me to re-feed them to the cow plant (how stupid do they have to be to grab the cake a second time?) and waste the money needed to re-reresurect them.
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 January 16, 04:42:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What else are you going to do with sim money? There's only so many things you can buy, and we're talking college grads automatically. Massive amounts of cash.
Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 January 16, 14:34:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Trubble, this is OT, but why is it snowing on your avatar?  Does that help douse the flames?

C

I know I answered last night, but I'll answer again... BECAUSE SNOW IS AWESOME. Cheesy

SNOW.

A proud thread pirate.
cheriem
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 January 16, 15:21:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Trubble, if you think snow is that awesome, please feel free to come live in Utah.  It's snowing.

Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 January 16, 19:50:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I know that if I had snow all the time I wouldn't get as excited about it... but I don't :-/ so therefore SNOW rocks.

A proud thread pirate.
TreyNutz
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 January 19, 05:03:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you just encourage personality traits in a zombie like you would for any normal sim?  Seems like a pain to me to re-feed them to the cow plant (how stupid do they have to be to grab the cake a second time?) and waste the money needed to re-reresurect them.

Have you seen a zombie personality?  I've never been able to encourage more than 1 personality point.  It's totally worth the money.  The family I last did this with has money to burn.  Time, on the other hand, they don't have.

Just coincidence but it works.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 January 19, 05:20:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had Uni since it came out and I have never made a zombie, have no plans to either...

same for Nightlife except I keep thinking about letting one of my sims become a vampire but still haven't done it  Roll Eyes

I only had a couple aliens and they didn't live long, until I found out how to make default skintone replacements *just isn't wild about That shade of green* course I also have a better looking pollitech replacement. So although I don't currently have any aliens (recently restarted)  I have allowed some of my sims to have expensive telescopes so the chance is there.
Grater
Blathering Buffoon

It burns!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 January 19, 07:40:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm currently populating my (bastardized) prosperity neighborhood with undead, one of the families I started with 2 Uni grads, who I vamped after graduation (being my first vampires, I couldn't quite figure out how to get the countess to bite, in the end I used influence). They had fun braving the sun to reach the top of their careers, and raising a baby. I had a living elder caretaker but he kicked the bucket, forcing daddy vamp to meditate in the baby room. I think I'll make a zombie-nanny for child rearing (can I zombify a nanny then restore her nanny status? otherwise I'll just have a "live"-in zombie-nanny).

In their house, I'm using APO set to Deathfield to guard my gnomes, if an actual friend tries to steal one I can always beg for their ungrateful life Tongue. And those thieving townies just get zombified, but I wish there was a more torturous death than deathfield, like maybe zapping them into a pit of despair to starve to death? I fully intend to convert nearly every townie into zombies and/or vampires. Downtime shall be night of the living dead.

I also had the foresight to create a cranky old elder as Sim #1 for telescope shoving. I've since vamped him because having a vampire getting angry at daytime spying and running over in full sunlight is comedy! I might zombify him and see if he becomes too slow to survive his shoving escapades.
bluecatvon
Feckless Fool

I'm so handsome

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 January 19, 09:48:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

haha Grater! you are mischievous haha! i like!

Our Creator was bored. Our Creator made humans. Our Creator loves Sims 2!
Grater
Blathering Buffoon

It burns!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 January 19, 10:44:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She's charming Cheesy.

Double zombified live-in nanny, cleans, cooks, babysits, eats grilled cheese, never complains. Best $6000 my sims ever spent  Smiley.
cristalfiona
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006 January 19, 10:51:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thats actually a really good idea. You would save money on nannies if you played a family for several generations, and you wouldnt have to waste elixir on them.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006 January 19, 13:05:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the second time you control them, so that's real fast. Money? Pssh.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2006 January 19, 18:06:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've created just one zombie and I regret it.  Alec died of old age, his younger sister Dawna, a Knowledge Sim, got the desire to make him into a Zombie, so I fulfilled that.  He looked horrible, and I hated the way he dragged around, so I killed him off again.  What really bugged me afterward was that his portrait in everyone's family trees was the new, ugly zombie portrait.  That's the part I regret, that he's in the family history that way permanently.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
agcons
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2006 January 20, 01:59:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I resurrect dead dormies as zombies. I don't have to kill the dormies, even, they kill themselves, and I bring them back as zombies and boot them back to the dormie pool so they can shuffle around the university as undead dormies.
Christ, I've been waiting patiently for a dormie to die, and it hasn't happened yet.  As tempting as it is to interfere via Merola's mirror, I have a "hands off" policy in the dorms as I am amazed at the seemingly endless stupidity of dormies (and they don't need any help with behaving stupidly from me).  I have "no dormie invulnerability" installed, and while they pass out everywhere and often, piss themselves routinely, beat the crap out of each other frequently, never shower or bathe, and otherwise do everything right wrong, they never fail to eat.  Even after they've been asleep in their macaroni cheese for several hours.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2006 January 20, 02:14:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Christ, I've been waiting patiently for a dormie to die, and it hasn't happened yet.  As tempting as it is to interfere via Merola's mirror, I have a "hands off" policy in the dorms as I am amazed at the seemingly endless stupidity of dormies (and they don't need any help with behaving stupidly from me).  I have "no dormie invulnerability" installed, and while they pass out everywhere and often, piss themselves routinely, beat the crap out of each other frequently, never shower or bathe, and otherwise do everything right wrong, they never fail to eat.  Even after they've been asleep in their macaroni cheese for several hours.
It's sort of a chain reaction. Once one of them dies, it adds one more health hazard in the dorm, the ghosts, that even if confined to a specific area, like, say, "outside", gradually begins to claim dormies. The presence of a cowplant borrowed from an ecological guru who didn't really need one in his house doesn't hurt either.

agcons
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2006 January 20, 09:29:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The presence of a cowplant borrowed from an ecological guru who didn't really need one in his house doesn't hurt either.
Autumn Knight, Beth Trimble, and Peter Smith, thy days are numbered. 

Some time ago I created a tastefully landscaped cemetery on campus (Le Tour est Finis) in preparation for the Big Moment, but local graveyards sound far more interesting. 
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2006 January 24, 21:39:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After reading this thread, I decided that I was going to make a zombie from one of my dead dormies (nouniprotect is GREAT, btw) and I finally did it last night.  Yep, first zombie, and I got Uni when it came out.

The dormie that died was Robi LeTourneau, and I didn't even know he had died until one of my knowledge sims in the dorm had not one, but TWO wants to make Robi into a zombie.  So I used the buyable career rewards (thanks TJ) and got the Resurrect-O-Nomitron so my sim could make his zombie.  Only paid $1000, didn't want him to look TOO bad.  Not that he would have looked that great if I'd paid more, seeing as how Robi is ... well, already looks-challenged.

First thing my sim did was seek out Robi and start fighting with him!  I guess he just wanted the zombie to punch on for awhile, and my sim has something like 7 in niceness.  I never noticed Percy (ugh, I know, what a name) having any arguments with Robi before he died, so I don't know if he just doesn't like his creation or if he really didn't like him before.

But, yeah, I thought it was weird that he and the other knowledge sim in that dorm both spun up wants to be a zombie now.  And the dragging leg thing doesn't bother me...yet.  Will have to see if I get tired of him later and feed him to one of the cowplants in my 'hood.  Those cowplants have to be getting pretty hungry by now...

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2006 January 24, 21:58:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...to make Robi into a zombie.

Careful. With Rob Zombie in your game, all HELL might break loose.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: