More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 04:47:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Requests?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Requests?  (Read 17397 times)
Savage
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Requests?
« on: 2005 December 26, 10:06:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh Great Leige of Trogdor-dom
I come with-eth 2 Requests?

But I have no clue-eth of where to put it/them.

- More Expensive Bills:
Im sick of having sims sailing through with no financial trouble its like without cheats I can still get them a swimming pool by their 3rd day it's ridiculous, I was hoping for bills which come like usual, but cost about £1000 or something, because the games just so easy and no-one gets anything reposessed unless theyre out of jobs which is just boring Tongue (preferably you can select the amoutn your bills will cost but whatevers possible)

-Less Child Obsession
I have parents who are completely obsessed with children all of their wants are for their children, technically this might make it realistic but their aspiration isnt even familly. And I moved one of the kids out with it's uncle and they still obsess over it like a bluddy mothering swan, its really irritating? Little Help.

Merci Bucket.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Requests?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 December 26, 10:29:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"more expensive bills"
If you are able to build them a pool at the 3rd day, it means you give them nothing but essential cheap  objects. Try to buy the expensive ones, which taxes are higher, and you will get higher bills.
Ridiculous - I use "motherlode" non-stop, and you want more expensive bills...Smiley.

Kid's obssession
If you choose the Romance aspiration, you won't have any obssession concerning the kids. Of course they are concerned with the kid - it's pseudo-real-life game. All us parents are concerned about our kids. As my dad said: "even if you will be 50 years old, you still be my little one"...Smiley. I think it's very positive attitude of the game-programming.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2005 December 26, 12:37:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, Romance Sims do get wants related to their kids, especially the males, and particularly once they hit elder.  The majority of Don Lothario's wants are related to his kids and grandchildren - he only gets Romance Sim wants if he has a woo-hoo, then he tends to want another one.  In the main, all he wants is for family members to get engaged or married.  One of his sons is a Romance Sim and he's had wants relating to his sons from adulthood, he's very family-oriented.  I don't have any Pleasure Sims with kids yet, but they're probably the least likely to have family-related wants.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 December 26, 12:40:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't Pleasure sims too, Ancient, but perhaps you are right. If they seek for pleasure, it make sense that they are not obssessed much with the family.
Lol, I had once a Romance female which showed a want to have a baby...Smiley.
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 December 26, 13:11:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't Pleasure sims too, Ancient, but perhaps you are right. If they seek for pleasure, it make sense that they are not obssessed much with the family.
Lol, I had once a Romance female which showed a want to have a baby...Smiley.

Well, Brynne and I are both pleasure Sims in my game (having a BLAST by the way, but that's another thread) and while we have not yet gotten wants for children, Brynne is constantly thinking about adopting a baby and I always have marriage on the brain.  Of course, we are both acting like romance sims for the moment, but who knows, maybe with the right Sim, we'll settle down eventually....

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2005 December 26, 13:22:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have quite a few pleasure sims in my game (I'm doing Prosperity, so I really don't have much choice in the matter  Undecided) and I can't remember them rolling wants relating to their kids...never seen 'em want to have a baby either.

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
bluecatvon
Feckless Fool

I'm so handsome

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 December 26, 15:23:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

really? my romantic sims don't want nothing with children. Kinda hard sometimes when they have a fear of changing diapers and there's no one else around Smiley

Our Creator was bored. Our Creator made humans. Our Creator loves Sims 2!
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 December 26, 16:40:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't been having too much trouble with kid wants either, except for the full plate of wants to encourage all the different traits (niice, I'm sure gonna let you encourage the poor kid to be sloppy and lazy). It's better than those damn wants to buy shrubs, and only certain personalities seem to get the kid obsession quite so badly.

My current want annoyance is actually with the Woohoo in Bed want rolling up constantly on the part of non-Romance Sims. As part of neighborhood birth control (twin control, grrrr) I usually don't have my Sims Woohoo unless they roll up the want for it, and then they have to beat the Risky Woohoo. Anyway, I have a Knowledge-Popularity couple who rolls up this want every day. I fill it for them - they roll it up again. And again, and again. Maybe now that they're elders it'll slack off...

Same with a house containing two brothers, Family and Popularity. The Family Sim rolls up tons of skill-building Wants, and he's unemployed, and then for variety - Woohoo! May as well change him to Knowledge, damn Sim, but then he'd be less likely to ever want those Family-related things, and he's not indicating which of the five Sims he has two bolts for is his favorite, so- *grumbles incoherently*
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 December 26, 16:45:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol, swift, I have it too with my Knowledge sims...Smiley.

Worse than that - after they finish the woohoo in bed, another "woohoo in bed" want pops up. I remember calling Beau Broke (Knowledge)  "pervert", and "sick": after 3 woohoos in bed, still this want was steady...Smiley.

If you ignore it, it dissapears soon.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 December 26, 16:47:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have quite a few pleasure sims in my game (I'm doing Prosperity, so I really don't have much choice in the matter  Undecided) and I can't remember them rolling wants relating to their kids...never seen 'em want to have a baby either.

My Pleasure teens are already thinking of adoption. All of them. My game is nuts.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 December 26, 16:51:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Pleasure teens are already thinking of adoption. All of them. My game is nuts.

Brynne, your game is OLD, you need refreshment...Smiley. Reinstall!
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 December 26, 16:52:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What?!   What does that have to do with anything?? 

edited to remove angry smiley face...Knee-jerk reaction, you know.  Tongue
« Last Edit: 2005 December 26, 17:01:51 by Brynne » Logged
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 December 26, 17:04:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Exactly! You said that you play almost a year with your big family. I never played more than a month or two with any family - always bored and reinstalled...Smiley. The longest time that I played a family was with the Grunts - until each son had 2 kids. Then I was bored too...Smiley.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 December 26, 17:30:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Who said anything about being bored? I'm having a great time with my sims. Have you been paying attention to any of my stories? Do I seem bored to you??  Gali, you've shocked me... Tongue If you're bored, then don't read my stuff. I'm not reinstalling because you're bored.
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 December 26, 17:41:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Who said anything about being bored? I'm having a great time with my sims. Have you been paying attention to any of my stories? Do I seem bored to you??  Gali, you've shocked me... Tongue If you're bored, then don't read my stuff. I'm not reinstalling because you're bored.

Val, sweetie, I know you're having a tough time, but I don't think that is what Gali was saying at all.  If you want, you can take out your frustrations on me  -- what're friends for??  Oh, did you get my PM about chat?

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 December 26, 17:43:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, Brynne, you know I am one of your stories fan!

I talk about the long time you play with one family - never could reach this Guiness record...Smiley.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 December 26, 17:51:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All right, fine. I've over-reacted. Sorry, Gali, didn't mean to go off like that. It's been kind of a long day...

Oh, Chris, I haven't gotten a PM.
« Last Edit: 2005 December 26, 18:11:56 by Brynne » Logged
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 December 26, 18:18:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is a NL oversight/sloppy programming issue. It seems the Pleasure Sims are getting Family Sim thought bubbles. Hopefully they will fix that. Smiley
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 December 26, 18:20:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wondered about that. That did not make any sense to me at all. Definitely wasn't my idea of "pleasure" as a teen.
Savage
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 December 27, 00:34:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"more expensive bills"
If you are able to build them a pool at the 3rd day, it means you give them nothing but essential cheap  objects. Try to buy the expensive ones, which taxes are higher, and you will get higher bills.
Ridiculous - I use "motherlode" non-stop, and you want more expensive bills...Smiley.
The idea is it makes the game harder they get really happy if they have great stuff the idea for me is to have  more realistic POOR familly...

Kid's obssession
If you choose the Romance aspiration, you won't have any obssession concerning the kids. Of course they are concerned with the kid - it's pseudo-real-life game. All us parents are concerned about our kids. As my dad said: "even if you will be 50 years old, you still be my little one"...Smiley. I think it's very positive attitude of the game-programming.
But I want them to still have the damned obsessions with their aspiration im sick of this asmothering ocne theyve done one it goes to another kid its realy irritating.
Anyway I know its a real life game Im asking for a mod to change that aspect not saying that the game is wrong. :S

And By this obsession I mean when they have kids, if they already have a kid they smother the aspiration crap with it its very very annoying.
I wondered about that. That did not make any sense to me at all. Definitely wasn't my idea of "pleasure" as a teen.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 December 27, 00:52:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On the poverty issue, if you have NL you can use the familyfunds cheat to remove cash from your families.  If you don't have NL you can use Pescado's money order to get rid of excess cash.  Using either of these methods means that you can make each family as broke as you want, with varying levels of poverty across your neighbourhood.

It is possible to train your sims to stop rolling up the wants you don't like.  If you don't satisfy the kid-obsession wants but only satisfy other wants, eventually they'll stop rolling the kid-obsession wants.

If you choose the Romance aspiration, you won't have any obssession concerning the kids
Gali the sim that was most obsessed with her kids (her firstborn at least) in my game was a romance sim.  Every day she rolled up wants to talk, play, hug, etc, with her daughter.  This lasted throughout baby, toddler and child stages.  I didn't mind, it made me feel that here was a sim who doted on her daughter, it added to the sim's personality.  Even though it was probably happening only because I kept satisfying those wants.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
TreyNutz
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 December 27, 01:04:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I get that alot too.  Teens and YAs (knowledge) with the baby-and-phone though bubble.  I don't know if they want to adopt, or wonder if they were adopted.   Undecided

Just coincidence but it works.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 December 27, 01:25:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I get that alot too.  Teens and YAs (knowledge) with the baby-and-phone though bubble.  I don't know if they want to adopt, or wonder if they were adopted.   Undecided

Yesterday I had a YA (family sim) roll a want to have a baby.  She was in her final year of college.  I don't have any hacks that allow pregnancy before adulthood.

On the subject of thought bubbles, I've seen a number of my sims (who are already in committed 3-bolt relationships) with thought bubbles + hearts of sims they've never even met.  Or who are adults and thinking this about teens (I have no hacks that allow romantic relationships between teens and older age groups).  I'm wondering if they're thinking of gossip they've heard about someone else who is attracted to the stranger sim.  I really should check the memories in SimPE next time I see it happening to see if it is about someone else's memory, or whether it's their own.

Could the adoption thought bubbles be referring to a memory they've picked up from other sims in conversation?

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Liss
Knuckleheaded Knob

BOOT to the HEAD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2005 December 27, 03:14:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know how you guys get pleasure sims that dote on their kids.  It could be just this one sim's personality, but as a teen I loved her and now I can't stand her.  She never spins ANY wants that involve her children or husband.  Everything is purely selfish.  I've had fortune sims that were better parents than she is.

Someone sucks more than I do.
http://wytchieone.deviantart.com/gallery
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 December 27, 03:43:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On the subject of thought bubbles, I've seen a number of my sims (who are already in committed 3-bolt relationships) with thought bubbles + hearts of sims they've never even met.  Or who are adults and thinking this about teens (I have no hacks that allow romantic relationships between teens and older age groups).  I'm wondering if they're thinking of gossip they've heard about someone else who is attracted to the stranger sim.  I really should check the memories in SimPE next time I see it happening to see if it is about someone else's memory, or whether it's their own.

Could the adoption thought bubbles be referring to a memory they've picked up from other sims in conversation?

I'm not sure about the adoption bubbles because I get them all the time with Family Sims and I've never had anyone adopt ever, but I think it's possible you're getting the gossip with the teens, if you don't have any hacks. I've heard of some Sims getting the lovey bubbles about themselves after someone who was attracted to them gossiped about it, so that may be it. It gets kind of odd, I know that. I've also had a Sim who gets furious with his own picture in the bubble...
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: