More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 23:41:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  A hack for teen-meet-teen in Downtown?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: A hack for teen-meet-teen in Downtown?  (Read 6844 times)
Entgleichen
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
A hack for teen-meet-teen in Downtown?
« on: 2005 December 24, 11:53:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there already a hack somewhere which makes it possible for my teen sims to meet someone at their age on Downtown lots? Teens are hardly met there and if, they leave at 9 p.m. when the Nightlife still waits to begin.  I would also appreciate the comeback of the original children-leave-method (parents come around 8 p.m. to pick their kids), because 3 hours aren't ehough time to become friends when homecoming kids first have to fulfill their needs.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: A hack for teen-meet-teen in Downtown?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 December 24, 12:27:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now, with NL,  you can make a "pseudo-restaurant" in any community lot, by adding buffets, tables, and chairs. Put there all the Downtown entertaiment stuff, as bowling alleys - and you can feel as if you are in Downtown. I did it im my community lot. Teens don't need much, except having a good time.

Another choise is, to form a group by one of the parents, including your teen-friends, and call the group at 1 PM, to meet at Downtown.
Entgleichen
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 December 24, 12:50:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for your reply. In some cases, this would help and I will try it. But the idea for this thread came to me when I played a teen who has rarely any friend and felt like "Go dancing and get to know somebody" Grin So, normal commlots wouldn't help as they are so empty at night.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 December 24, 13:01:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My community lot (I have only one, global  - deleted all the rest), is full with visitors, all night. The teens leave about 10-11 PM, and if you come early enough, you can meet several teens there.

I prefer the Community lot - downtown has very uncomfortable buildings.
Entgleichen
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 December 24, 13:34:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My commlot is full with entertainment stuff... and still relatively empty. I have set maxnumofvisitingsims to a high value, so in Downtown there are always lots of sims. But this doesn't seem to work with commlots in the origin neighborhood.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 December 24, 14:13:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another choise is, to form a group by one of the parents, including your teen-friends, and call the group at 1 PM, to meet at Downtown.

Gali, may I ask why you are including a parent in the group?  I have teens groups in all my 'hoods, and none of them have ever had a parent as a member.

Back to topic, I send my teens groups downtown on mornings on the weekend.  Gives them the whole day to meet other teens while they're out.   Once they're done, send them home.  Since it'll still be morning when they get home you can boost their moods if necessary (caffeinate, eat, bathroom) then send them out again to meet more teens if you want. 

If it's not near a weekend for a particular teen's lot and he/she is desperate to meet someone, maybe it is the weekend on other lots that have teens.  Send those teens out and they may bump into your lonely teen.  I've done that when I've wanted to add newly-transitioned teens to the group, but couldn't because nobody in the group knew them.
« Last Edit: 2005 December 24, 14:19:48 by Kyna » Logged

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2005 December 24, 14:57:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can also use my Visitor Controller to create teen-only community & downtown lots.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 December 24, 19:55:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can use monique's Visitors Stay Longer hack available here:  http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=86655

All visitors, regardless of age, will stay until you say goodbye or their motives bottom out.  They will also not automatically leave after a party.
Entgleichen
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 December 26, 23:21:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kyna & twojeffs:
Thank you, but your solutions are only helpful during daytime, right? At night, there wouldn't still be any teen in Downtown, and that's what I would want to see in the game, because it belongs to the life of teenagers. In fact, they can go or sneak out  when they're at their home lot, but where do they go if not to Downtown?

rainbow:
Thank you, this should help with the kids. Though they would hang around now til late at night.  Undecided
TreyNutz
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 December 27, 00:45:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've looked for a hack like that and haven't found anything.  I was going ask here, but then saw your thread.  TwoJeff's Visitor Controller Community hacks work great to make a teens only club downtown, but they all still leave at 9:30 pm.  If you go later, they'll show up, but leave immediately and you can't interact with them.  I haven't tried it in a community lot in a normal neighborhood - is there a different curfew in the regular neighborhood?

Oh, and Monique's Visitors Stay Longer hack doesn't work to keep teens around downtown.  It works fine at home, and maybe if you called from a community lot downtown and invited them over - but then you'd have know them which defeats the whole purpose of going downtown to meet them.   Tongue

My teen is a vampire, this 9:30 curfew really cuts down on his ability to socialize and meet others.  I used the Matchmaker to set up a date for his twin brother, but I wanted to him to find his own.  (I was mildly concerned that she would set him up with the same sim.)

Anyways, the only solution I can think of is to get him up at 6 pm and have him drive to a community lot.  Trips seem to take about an hour, so it would just be dark by the time he arrived.  Only 2 1/2 hrs, but I don't see any other way yet.  I'll set up a club in the normal neighborhood, or maybe just move The Hub (the one I used TwoJeffs' hacks on) and see if that's any different.

Just coincidence but it works.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 December 27, 01:03:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TwoJeff's Visitor Controller Community hacks work great to make a teens only club downtown, but they all still leave at 9:30 pm

If you use debug mode to make them selectable they don't leave at 9.30.  They'll stay on the lot until you make them unselectable again.  I don't do it all the time as it's just a little too cheaty for me, but I do make them selectable occasionally.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 December 27, 01:03:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had 8 playable teens I wanted to all meet each other and become best friends before college.   I wanted them to hang out a lot on downtown lots to build their relationships, as a group and invidually.

The only way I could think to handle it involved a pretty big "cheat". 

I picked one teen Sim to be my main contact.  I used Inge's shrub to summon the teens he didn't know to his house. (this would be the pretty big "cheat")   Built enough relationship points for them to start accepting invitations from him.  I don't remember the number of daily relationship points needed, but it's not a ton...I don't think they even have to be friends yet.

Used the NL "group" feature to create a group of the teens.  I found that the 9:30 teen curfew downtown does not apply to group outings.

It only took one or two group outings (and not a lot of micromanaging on my part), for them all to start becoming good friends...then any one of the Sims could invite the group to a community lot and most or all would show up.  Round robined this a few times, and everybody was friends with everybody and having a blast well past curfew.

Doesn't help you for meeting teens downtown unless

1) you are willing to cheat with shrub to start things off
or
2)  one of your teens already knows enough other teens to get the group outing meets started

It was a lot of fun for me to do, though. Smiley

---------

edit for clarification:  these were "just for fun" outings, not scored.  I imagine that it would work just fine with scored outings, too, I just don't care for them and didn't use them.

-------

second edit:  group outings to someone's house also keep the 9:30 curfew away.  I don't have Monique's stay later hack, mostly because I haven't needed it.  If I want teens to stay at a house, I just make it a group outing for fun.

« Last Edit: 2005 December 27, 01:13:53 by windy_moon » Logged

Reality is for those who lack imagination.
TreyNutz
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 December 27, 01:30:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TwoJeff's Visitor Controller Community hacks work great to make a teens only club downtown, but they all still leave at 9:30 pm

If you use debug mode to make them selectable they don't leave at 9.30.  They'll stay on the lot until you make them unselectable again.  I don't do it all the time as it's just a little too cheaty for me, but I do make them selectable occasionally.

That's an idea, I'll try getting to the club early then making them selectable.  Thanks.

And once he knows them, I'll use group outings.  That's good to know too.  Thanks both of you.

edit:  making them selectable works great.  It's a bit tedious, but they stay, and you can play them if you want.  Once you unselect them, they take off.  Thanks for the tip.
« Last Edit: 2005 December 28, 00:02:41 by TreyNutz » Logged

Just coincidence but it works.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2005 December 27, 08:28:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think I have the shrub programmed right for community lots.  It needed to set the greet status to something else or the teleportee just walks off the lot.   Someone went to the trouble of listing the greet codes for me and I can't remember where - doh!

Anyway I also wanted to say, I took some teens bowling downtown for the first time, and they couldn't "scope room" nor did they have any options to flirt with anyone.  I can't tell the difference visually between teens and adults unless I hear them talk, so unless I use Jeff's controller to make the lot teen only, I am not likely to get very far Smiley

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2005 December 27, 21:47:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For Inge:

Greet codes:

-1 = invited over but not greeted yet
0 = random visitor (and some invited NPCs) not greeted
1 = greeted
2 = leaving
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2005 December 27, 22:40:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, but I thought there were some values that applied to whether someone was a walk-past or a customer of the community lot.  I wonder if I am getting it mixed up with something called "visitor type" ?

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: