More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 04, 16:50:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540271 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Something won't let my sims go to work
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Something won't let my sims go to work  (Read 4294 times)
MapleMountainTitz
Blathering Buffoon

How would you like to climb the rockies? *tee hee*

View Profile
Something won't let my sims go to work
« on: 2007 March 05, 18:47:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay so last night while playing seasons i noticed a really bad bug, i think a hack maybe responsible for this. My sims won't go to work, whenever they leave in the carpool vehicle, they suddenly pop back into the house right after the carpool disappears. I had boolprop turned on to see if the error would tell me what hack maybe causing this but alas it didn't so now i am wondering is anyone else having this issue?

NOTE: i've attached the object error log. because I could use some help understanding what I am looking for.  Thanks in advanced  Smiley
« Last Edit: 2007 March 05, 22:54:57 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Double posting is a tool of the DEVIL......... baby Jesus smiles when you don't double post, let's make baby Jesus happy!
Ms.Perception
Pinheaded Pissant

From me to you.

View Profile
Re: Something won't let my sims go to work
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 05, 20:54:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cuz I have nothing better to do, I'm responding to you here too. I think the problem is with Squinge's Uni Career LTWs. Take those out and see if that fixes it. If not... well wait for someone who actually knows what they're talking about to read this. Sheesh, I'm a social worker for a reason.  Kiss

Do you even need one of these when you don't actually post?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 05, 22:54:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Clearly the work of the non-Awesome. Remove all works of the non-Awesome.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 06, 07:25:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In other words, Ms. Perception is right, it's Squinge's career wants hack. I non-awesomely accidentally left one part of it in, in my OFB folder, and the same thing happened to me.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
selzi
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 06, 07:54:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The same thing happened to me too, although I don't have that career wants-hack by Squinge. I solved the problem by taking out hacks I thought might cause the problem - basically all work-related hacks. It took me several attempts, and it finally worked when I took out "harderjobs" along with a couple of food-related hacks. So I figured "harderjobs" was the culprit, but J. M. Pescado said that was mere coincidence. So now I think it was one of the food-related hacks, although I seriously don't know what food has to do with going to work ... Huh
MapleMountainTitz
Blathering Buffoon

How would you like to climb the rockies? *tee hee*

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 06, 11:51:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thanks everyone, I believe it maybe the Harderjobs hack i have in the game as Selzi mentioned before.

I wasn't able to find Squinge's Uni LTW hack in my game, I checked over and over. However while talking to Ms. P last night i noticed the harderjobs hack in my clean install and i deleted it, i haven't had time to open my game up since. because i'm sort of busy, but as soon as I get home i am going to give a test to see if that was the problem.  Thanks for you're help I'll keep you posted.  Smiley

Double posting is a tool of the DEVIL......... baby Jesus smiles when you don't double post, let's make baby Jesus happy!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 06, 14:30:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thanks everyone, I believe it maybe the Harderjobs hack i have in the game as Selzi mentioned before.
Have you updated it? Because I have it and cannot reproduce your problem. Do not use outdated versions.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 March 06, 14:40:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone also pointed me that one of mine on MTS2 (http://www.modthesims2.com/member/showthread.php?t=215847), that's work related, may cause the same problem. I can't, now, test it with Seasons, but I've sent him a link to this other topic: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,7486.0.html also.

Does anyone had the same problem?

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Ms.Perception
Pinheaded Pissant

From me to you.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 March 07, 08:10:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you updated it? Because I have it and cannot reproduce your problem. Do not use outdated versions.

It was an outdated version of harderjobs.

Do you even need one of these when you don't actually post?
selzi
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2007 March 07, 11:55:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was an outdated version of harderjobs.
Really? Shocked I guess I should check out updates for the hacks I'm using more often ... Undecided *slowly sneaks away and dies of shame*
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: