More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 12, 00:45:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Having Trouble Patching...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Having Trouble Patching...  (Read 3876 times)
Onishii
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Having Trouble Patching...
« on: 2009 December 13, 09:49:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I'm a lurker. And yes, I'm hilariously late in patching my game.
Whoops.
Sorry if this has been brought up before, it's amazingly late and I'm too tired to go through 14 pages of topics. I'm lazy, I know.

Anyway, today I figured I might as well patch my game. Mind you, my game was rescued from chainsaw-wielding sharks. So I can't use the crappy launcher patch stuff, since I need to use my firewall to block the internet. Which I find boring - but hey, it's definitely better than the fuzz knocking at my door.
So I went on several sites to find patches, and since I'm still on 1.0.631 and I'm guessing 1.2.7 is the next patch, I downloaded the patch and tried to install it. I'm looking if there are any patches between 1.0.631 and 1.2.7, but I'm pretty sure there isn't any.

Unfortunately the patch wizard decides to spazz and not let me patch, letting me know that hey - you're missing a file! Time to shut down the entire patching process while you grit your teeth and shout obscenities at your computer.

I'm not really sure what file I'm missing - the patch process stops at 85% and then a pop-up with that devilish red x appears.
Any help would be amazing.

Also, I don't think there are any issues with actually running the game: it's just the patching that fails.

Thanks much if you help, MATY folks.
Enelen
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Having Trouble Patching...
« Reply #1 on: 2009 December 13, 10:19:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can patch your game from any version to anything above that, but you have to get the correct version for what you have - if it's 1.0.631, then you look for xy_from_1.0.631 (and mind the ending, for instance 1.0.631.00002 you can patch to xy.00002). For patches from that, you can get them here, for example:

http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/sims3_1.3.24.00002_from_1.0.631.00002.exe

If yours is different, change the numbers in the link to what you have, and it will be there. Patching the Released version is slightly more complicated, you will have to google that one, because some files will need to be replaced, and the registry modified for it to work. Description and the files are still here somewhere, find it.
Onishii
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 December 13, 22:06:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Enelen.
As I suspected it didn't work, so I'm off to Google those files.
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 December 13, 23:04:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try checking the fail log to see what file you need to replace.
Go to start > run, type in: %temp% and then look for folders with names in {} brackets. Look in there for a file called rtpatch.log with a timestamp of when you attempted to patch. Open the log file and you'll see something that looks like this:

Applying DFC Update for '[filename]'
Error: err0025 - File not found

That will tell you the file it's failing at; replace that file with a fresh copy from your install disc and try the patch again.
Onishii
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 December 14, 01:16:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Sims 3 is arr'd, and when I searched for that file, it wasn't there.

Instead, I went ahead and downloaded the reloaded to razor patch, replaced Game and GameData, and now everything is patching beautifully.

EDIT: ...Except when I'm trying to patch to 1.6.6.
Searching for more info on 1.6.6 and why it isn't working here.

Another edit: So I checked the MTS guide on patching. And I figured out which file was missing/corrupted/exploded: Game\Bin\code_version.txt
As well as GameData\content_version.txt

I don't have back-ups of these two, and I'm not sure how to find them. I still have the download, so if anyone is willing to help a grasshopper out here, I'd be very thankful.
« Last Edit: 2009 December 14, 02:33:48 by Onishii » Logged
Onishii
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 December 14, 05:15:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uuugh I can't tell if I'm allowed to double-post or not. Buut...

I completely reinstalled Sims 3, and tried the page directly to 1.6.6. It works pretty well until Game\Bin\TSLhost.dll.
Now let me tell you; right now I have three different TSLhost.dll files. One from the razor > reloaded, one is the original, and another from the crack.
I've tried all three but it still isn't working.

I keep restoring to the original, but that blasted Patch log Viewer is telling me the same thing.

I'm going to try once again, but help would (once again) be so, so helpful.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: