More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 21, 14:42:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Cars with no interactions at community lots
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Cars with no interactions at community lots  (Read 5712 times)
Persephone
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Cars with no interactions at community lots
« on: 2005 December 18, 03:16:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found a few posts where this bug was mentioned, the one where you drive to a community lot and then your car no longer has any interactions forcing you to leave in a taxi, but I didn't see if anyone figured out a work around or fix... Is there any more information on this bug anywhere? 

Thanks! 
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Cars with no interactions at community lots
« Reply #1 on: 2005 December 18, 04:12:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't see a fix for that. Since my sims either are not able to return to home with the car - I stopped sending them with their cars to community lots, only by taxi.

Worse than that - my sim got  stucked in the taxi, which parked after the private car, and I had to exit and lose all I've got at the community lot.
« Last Edit: 2005 December 18, 04:23:19 by gali » Logged
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 December 18, 04:17:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've heard about this happening, but I've not had it happen to me. *knock wood*  I was watching for it though with people reporting it happening to them, but I've been sending sims downtown with their cars since I got the game and haven't seen this happen.  In fact, my sims rarely ever take the taxi downtown.  Am I just lucky? 
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 December 18, 04:24:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All I can say is - I envy you. I am very frustrated with this.

Is this the "carpoolfix" I have among my hacks? I don't know.
Persephone
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 December 18, 04:39:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just an update... this seems to only happen to me when I forget to assign an owner of the car.  Anyone else see this happen if there is an assinged owner of the car?
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 December 18, 04:43:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, I'll have to check.  I do usually assign an owner.  What usually frustrates me is the lack of Woohoo and makeout interactions frequently on community lots.  Very frustrating when on a date and the couple has a want to woohoo in the car.  If I drive to another lot sometimes it will appear, but it will appear when I take them home.  Sometimes I don't want them to go home though, because they may be a Romance sim who has a wife or husband at home. Shocked
Persephone
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 December 18, 04:45:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was CERTAIN I had assigned an owner too, but right after this problem occured, I discovered there was no owner assigned on that car.  Maybe the bug occurs because the game forgets the car is owned? 
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 December 18, 05:18:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I've heard of pple getting this in relation to hacks. Have not had this myself, though, so I don't have any details.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 December 18, 05:23:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It might well be something like that, I've never had it happen that way, but it did once happen that I sent a sim and his teenage niece down to the store, and when it was time to go home, she couldn't get in the car.  So I told him to drive to another lot, but she still couldn't get in, but it was too late to stop him going.  However, he arrived safely at the new lot, and then went home safely afterwards, and his niece was there at the mailbox.  

So, I would say that, as long as ONE of your sims is able to leave the lot by car, when they get home, the rest will be there!  (It's like deleting and saving, then exiting and reloading, except presumably the game does the deleting for you!)  And I'm pretty sure that I hadn't assigned a driver to the car because I've had problems with cars getting stuck behind school buses and the driver being stuck inside, so unless their work times are completely different from the school bus, they go in the pool car!  You can't even delete the stuck sim and the car because, of course, build/buy mode is disabled.

Zephyr Zodiac
SIMplyLisa
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 December 18, 05:46:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the can't select the car to go home from community lot when we first installed NL, in my case I think it was either the pay at box or old phone controller hack can't remember which.

I had a glitch today where my couple left the community lot in the car but only the passenger showed up at home and you could here the car running but it was invisible. I finally teleported the driver onto the lot then forced an error on him, the car appeared in the drive then. I think it had something to do with the nanny being there.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 December 18, 05:52:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Was the nannymobile trying to get in at the same time?  I presume that's like when I've had cars stuck behind the school bus and everything freezes.  It's ok if you have a teleport on your lot at the time, but if not, with buy/build mode disabled it's not easy to solve - I couldn't even exit without saving or alt+tab back to windows and had to switch the PC off to close the game.

Zephyr Zodiac
twink
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 December 18, 06:07:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My problem is carpooling. When I installed with no hacks (have all expansions) it works...otherwise it does not. I rotated hacks, installed updated hacks, etc. but can not get carpooling to work so I have given up...anyone have this problem or a solution? I am using assigned vehicles.

On the brighter side community lots work fine.

Good Simming,
Twink

Stressed spelled backwards is desserts.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 December 18, 11:39:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this on every residential lot, or just some of them?  There have been problems with previously inhabited lots, which had cars, affecting the carpool.  If the car is sold before move-out, then the problem doesn't occur, otherwise it does. 

Zephyr Zodiac
SIMplyLisa
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 December 18, 15:16:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ZZ - I had boolprop on and used the shift click on the mailbox option then teleport here.

The Nanny was on the lot but no nanny mobile visible. She seemed to want to leave and couldn't. The invisible idling car seemed to be stuck in front of the mailbox because the mailman was having a fit about not being able to get to the mailbox.

So do you think Maxis will ever get the nanny and vehicles to work without glitches?
I sometimes wish for a hack that gets rid of all vehicles and replaces them with a blue police box on the devilstrip that everyone uses for entering and exiting the lot (or the stargate)!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 December 18, 18:41:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, a stargate would be good!  Or what about the mirrors and holes in the ground we had with MM?  Never had a problem with them!

But I well remember the problems there were with cars in Superstar!

Oh, and I used to love the Unleashed tram!

And why oh why did Sims1 sims have to pay 50 simoleons for a cab ride, while it's always free in sims2?

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 December 18, 19:26:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably because so many people complained about it, so they didn't include that in Sims 2.  I was glad.  It's bad enough you have to sit and wait for the screens to load, why should you have to pay for it also?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 December 18, 19:56:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhpas the cabdriver should pay your sim for the privilege of driving him/her!  Personally, I think the time sat in the cab waiting for the screen to load acounts for all that gossip!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: