More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 01:16:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Getting rid of the patch
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Getting rid of the patch  (Read 2544 times)
cheesetastic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Getting rid of the patch
« on: 2009 August 14, 04:31:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Being a dumbass, I didn't realize all of my mods wouldn't work when I installed the newest patch. The No Mosaic and Faster Skill Gain mods from MTS don't work, and I can't play the game without them. I don't want to wait until they're updated, so I'm uninstalling my game right now. I've lost alot of custom content since downloading the patch also, even though I put them back in their original places.
I need to know if the patch will still be in any of the folders I've backed up. I have a copy of The Sims 3 from My Computer and the one from My Documents on my desktop. Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I never really got into game mods for the sims 2, so this is all new to me. I never patched my game before either, which was probably a good thing.

Update:
I re-installed and over-wrote everything in My Documents/The Sims 3. I tried to go into my family, and it got done loading the lot, then the screen went black and it said "A serious problem happened when loading "Me" We strongly suggest you restart the application"
I quit the game, copied everything from my My Computer/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 folder. I figured I had to do this since maybe a file was missing that I needed in order for my saved game to work. Now the damn patch is back on my game.
Should I just start over or does someone know of a specific thing from My Computer/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 that needs to be added back in for my saved game to work?
« Last Edit: 2009 August 14, 05:20:46 by cheesetastic » Logged
jrcaporal
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Getting rid of the patch
« Reply #1 on: 2009 August 14, 05:25:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The AwesomeMOD gets rid of the mosaic just fine, and regarding the FSG, I play it well in my game, so, I don't really see how is that a problem.

When you want to re-add a saved game you just need the files in the folder called Saves, that's it, unless you're playing Riverwood, in that case you'll need to re-install it too.

Nothing to see here.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: