More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 14, 01:04:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Game will not start
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Game will not start  (Read 30718 times)
Invalidwtf
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Game will not start
« on: 2009 October 11, 22:40:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded the awsome mod but as the game enters the first loading screen, the bar doesn't move and there's no music. I've done everything in the instructions to counter it but nothing works. Any advice would be helpful.
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
Re: Game will not start
« Reply #1 on: 2009 October 11, 23:06:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The first thing to do is to try reinstalling the framework.  Are you using Delphy's installer Monkey from Mod the Sims?  If so, that will automatically install the framework for you.  You can also try searching; search for "framework" from the search bar on the home screen.  There have been many problems of this nature, but apparently due to different things.  From the information you've given, it sounds like "framework fail".  Do you have other mods or cc besides AwesomeMod?

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
Invalidwtf
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 October 11, 23:21:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do use other mods, but i did uninstall them and only used the awsome mod, which failed. I do use that helpermonkey thing too.
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 October 11, 23:46:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have moved out your other mods, then try reinstalling the framework.  I would get another copy of Delphy's Installer Monkey and use that to reinstall the framework files.  First you would delete your Mods folder, which contains the Packages folder, etc.  Then use the new Installer Monkey to install the new framework files.  Then download AwesomeMod again, and extract that to your Mods>Packages folder.  If you also use the AwesomeMod configuration utility, redo that and download the resulting file by clicking the green Tyrannousaurus icon.  Place the Aweconfig file in the same location as AwesomeMod (I simply leave both of them in Mods>Packages (no subfolder).  Then try loading the game again.  If it works, just replace your other mods and cc to the appropriate locations and see if it still works.  Most other (non-core) mods seem to work with AwesomeMod for me.

Invalidwtf
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 October 12, 01:37:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did everything and nothing, but this may be a weird question, but: what are framework files? Once you tell me, i may recognize them, just didn't see them as "framework files". That may be the answer.
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 October 12, 02:04:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Look at this link:  http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15184.0.html.  As I told you before, you should search these forums using the word "framework".  There is the thread here, which I've linked, and there is also Delphy's Installer Monkey (@MTS2), which I mentioned before.  If you use that, it will automatically install the files for you.  The framework itself is a series of files within Mods>Packages (which all gets created by the Installer Monkey).  It's been awhile since I've actually done it, but it's all very easy to do.

wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 October 12, 02:26:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If your running Vista, I would recommend turning off UAC before installing the helpermonkey.  This ensures less issues and problems if Vista decides it doesn't like what the installer is doing/adding to your system. 

Once the installer has finished, you can turn on UAC.  I found that to be the easiest way to run the installer, and never had any issues from day one.  Perfect install, and everything has run smoothly ever since.

If I remember rightly (haven't checked recently), with UAC on, installing requires some tasks to be performed manually, which seems to be where people are running into the most problems, and making mistakes.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Invalidwtf
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 October 12, 02:36:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To be honest since my last post I figured that "frame" thing out which i deleted then reinstalled with the monkey thing and still nothing. Here's the thing, my sims game i have is on a portable drive to save drive c space, so everything is in the G drive. Btw pls do not criticize that this will slow the game down, geek squad told me it slows the game, but i can't see the difference.
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 October 12, 04:23:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Delphy has a version specifically for Vista which does whatever is needed re: UAC issues.  You can also right click the executable and select "Run as Administrator" if you have those rights on the computer.

Invalidwtf
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 October 12, 05:06:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I replaced that old one with the new uac one and still no load bar progress. But that other idea what is the executable? Again I'm not good with details like that.
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 October 12, 05:35:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You are not on a MAC, are you?  You have not given complete information or pictures.  You may also want to take screen shots of your loading screen so that we can see the point at which it stops progressing.  I'm not really sure what else to tell you.

Post complete information regarding your situation (PC or MAC to start with), and screen shots to show what is happening in your game.  The executable file is the actual program file, and if you are on a PC (which you presumably are, if you are running Windows Vista), it should be found here:  C:/Program Files/Mad Scientist Productions/InstallHelper/InstallHelper.exe.  The program also creates the Resource.cfg files necessary and places them.

Has the game ever run for you?

Invalidwtf
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 October 12, 06:11:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use a pc, I use windows xp finally remembering what vista exactly is. The game and every mod works but the awsome mod. But I can't get the screenshot to work, just imagine the first loading screen, but with no music and the bar stays at 0%, also the curser still spins. To be honest, i only want the awsome mod because delphy won't update his own cas slider hack mod since the awsome mod has it, screwing me since i sadly cant use it.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 October 12, 07:06:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you patched your game?

Invalidwtf
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 October 12, 07:21:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have patch 1.4.6. I constantly check the sims launcher for updates just in case. If there is a newer one, i'm sure that's the problem.
Invalidwtf
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 October 14, 18:19:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok after reinstalling the game again in the portable drive WITH the installer monkey in the same drive, it works. They were separate before even tho the other mods still worked. TY all for the advice and your time.
RepulsiveDesire
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 October 16, 22:40:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Invalidwtf, I'm having the same problem you were having. Was it simply using the Installer Monkey that helped you? Or was it re-installing the game and not patching it?
Invalidwtf
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 October 17, 05:14:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I reinstalled the game and put the helper monkey in the same drive, but i'm not sure that being apart was the problem since all other mods worked. When i reinstalled the game i first patched it then added the awsome mod first and it worked for the first time. The difference i noticed that i think what made it work is the helper monkey program this time put it's content INSIDE the sims folder, not outside the electronic arts folder. I put everything in there and everything works together maybe that will help you.
Invalidwtf
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 November 28, 01:10:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well it's happening again. Same thing and i tried everything i posted before. I'm learning to accept that this core mod is flawed and is not for everyone if it can't even work when other mods can in the same place. I don't think the creator has any interest in fixing this problem. I'm just real tired of fighting to keep it working.
Crysill
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 November 28, 01:18:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm learning to accept that this core mod is flawed and is not for everyone if it can't even work when other mods can in the same place.
By your logic:
1. If something does not work for one subject that works for most other similar subjects, said subject is flawed.
2. AwesomeMod works for most people.
3. AwesomeMod does not work for you.
4. You are flawed.
Chain_Reaction
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 November 28, 01:23:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well it's happening again. Same thing and i tried everything i posted before. I'm learning to accept that this core mod is flawed and is not for everyone if it can't even work when other mods can in the same place. I don't think the creator has any interest in fixing this problem. I'm just real tired of fighting to keep it working.

Work's fine for me. The creator isn't going to tailor it so more stupid people such as yourself can make it work. Don't argue about not being stupid, you need a helper monkey for Christs sake.
Invalidwtf
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 November 28, 03:19:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm just saying it doesn't work as easily than other mods. Everything from mod the sims works currently, even the gabriel mod works fine and it is also a core mod yet awsomemod doesn't. Btw if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything, the gamefaqs website wouldn't tolerate and delete your replies and so should this website.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 November 28, 03:21:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm just saying it doesn't work as easily than other mods. Everything from mod the sims works currently, even the gabriel mod works fine and it is also a core mod yet awsomemod doesn't.
If you're not getting a progress bar, you have framework fail.

Btw if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything, the gamefaqs website wouldn't tolerate and delete your replies and so should this website.
Except that this site doesn't work that way. Instead, we say MEAN things, and if you haven't got anything MEAN to say, how are you ENTERTAINING ME?!?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 November 28, 03:22:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you retarded? Does this LOOK like GameFAQs?

INFP or something
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 November 28, 03:28:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*looks around*

Nope. There's edit buttons here. :p

The stupid threshold has reached critical mass! Brain explosions imminent!
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009 November 28, 05:45:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm just saying it doesn't work as easily than other mods. Everything from mod the sims works currently, even the gabriel mod works fine and it is also a core mod yet awsomemod doesn't. Btw if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything, the gamefaqs website wouldn't tolerate and delete your replies and so should this website.

You do realise that you cannot have 2 core mods installed?

You have said that you have the Gabriel mod installed which is a core mod, well, I hate to inform you that AM is also a core mod, which means Gabriel and AM will conflict, and hence NOT work.  Information which has been repeated ad nauseam many times on many sites in many locations.

Learn to read properly.  There is nothing wrong with AM, and just because you can't make it work when installing multiple core mods, how is that anyone else's problem other than yours.  Don't try using AM if it is that much of a problem.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: