More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 06:01:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Entire Uni Neighbourhood gone Splat.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Entire Uni Neighbourhood gone Splat.  (Read 5741 times)
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
Entire Uni Neighbourhood gone Splat.
« on: 2005 December 26, 01:15:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Academie La Tour, which I have attached to Pleasantview, has gone KABOOM.  Or so I am assuming as not a single lot will load up.  They just hang on the loading screen for 10 minutes plus as opposed to the usual minute or so.  Trying lots I've never played before (pre-made students) does the same as the lots which contain the Pleasant girls, Dustin Broke and Dirk Dreamer, Lucy Burb, Alexander Goth, a few ex-townie teens and a couple CAS students, but I don't care too much about those.

I can happily move students between lots, but attempting to load the new lots leads to Eternal Loading Damnation(tm).

Wondering if it's safe/possible to move all of the sims I want to keep to the student bin, attach a new Uni to Pleasantview (such as Sim State) and move the students across into new homes/dorms there, and then delete Academie?

Thoughts?

<insert witty comment here>
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Entire Uni Neighbourhood gone Splat.
« Reply #1 on: 2005 December 26, 01:27:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Eternal Loading Bug seems to occur if you move people into a pre-Nightlife lot that you haven't reopened and saved again first. That lot is effectively buggered. Evicting the family may make it loadable again.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 December 26, 01:39:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

These sims all moved in after my Great Pleasantview Reset, which was definitely post NL.  I moved the Pleasant girls + Dustin + Dirk into various houses to no effect.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 December 26, 01:47:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But the Uni-templates are not post-NL, the uni templates would be unchanged since Uni, so if you freshly install a new University, it still uses pre-NL lots.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 December 26, 01:55:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(I've previously been able to play these houses/dorms post-NL, why would they suddenly go splat?)

So could I...

1. Pull NL homes out of the lot bin and move students into them?
2. Erm... I was going to do a list of things I was contemplating trying, but I can't think of anything else.

Sorry it's the day after Christmas and I don't think I drank enough. Lips sealed

Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 December 26, 02:08:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you move the houses, the sims will lose all their family and friends relationships.

Try to move all the STUDENTS to the student bin, build your own private house, name it "students", package it to a file;
Buldoze all empty houses in the college.
Put the students in the private house you build - i.e. each family to a house.

It always works.
« Last Edit: 2005 December 26, 02:38:55 by gali » Logged
SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 December 26, 02:21:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is what caused me to have to reinstall the entire game a couple of weeks ago...

Good luck trying to fix this, and if you manage, PLEASE tell us.

INTJ
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 December 26, 04:46:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally, I resetted my game too, attached Academie Le Tour to Pleasantview, place some students without loading the house or dorm first and I am not experiencing the problem you have, everything works fine.

Did you check to make sure you don't have pre-NL University hacks that are still in your game?  Maybe one of them is doing this?  Did you check in other hoods to see if it is the same with same pre-made Univeristy or another one?
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 December 26, 07:53:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Academie La Tour, which I have attached to Pleasantview, has gone KABOOM.  Or so I am assuming as not a single lot will load up.  They just hang on the loading screen for 10 minutes plus as opposed to the usual minute or so.  Trying lots I've never played before (pre-made students) does the same as the lots which contain the Pleasant girls, Dustin Broke and Dirk Dreamer, Lucy Burb, Alexander Goth, a few ex-townie teens and a couple CAS students, but I don't care too much about those.

I can happily move students between lots, but attempting to load the new lots leads to Eternal Loading Damnation(tm).

Wondering if it's safe/possible to move all of the sims I want to keep to the student bin, attach a new Uni to Pleasantview (such as Sim State) and move the students across into new homes/dorms there, and then delete Academie?

Thoughts?

This happened to me with just the Pleasant girls and their fiances (CAS sims). After the girls were invited to move into the Tri-Vu Sorority at Sim State they couldn't come back from their final, the computer would freeze up. Then the dorm that they previously lived at wouldn't load. The fiances and a couple of Jon Smith Tricou's townie kids were stuck at that dorm. I'd move them out from the neighborhood view and move them back in to that dorm or a different lot (another dorm and a house) and their lot still wouldn't load.  I then tried using Inge's teleporter painting to move one of the affected sims into another college house and had the problem with the game freezing when the sim would try to complete his/her final. One weird thing I noticed is that although all the need bars except Environment was frozen on green (Environment was frozen on deep yellow) the affected sims plumbob was orangey yellow. I was so frustrated that I ended up copying over Pleasantview with my back up from two weeks prior (right after Lilith and Angela moved into the dorm and before they became members of Tri-Vu). It's working fine now but I still feel frustrated not knowing what went wrong, if I did something to screw it up and what I need to avoid. This happened after a couple weeks of playing on a clean reinstall of the whole game including Nightlife.

I do remember seeing a thread on one of the fan boards about their university being similarly completely glitched. The gamer put all of their playable sim households into the student bin, attached a new University to the neighborhood, deleted the old one and moved everyone into the new one. It worked fine and seemed to resolve the gamers problems. Your binned students will be there, just like when you move sims from the regular neighborhood to Downtown.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2005 December 26, 12:33:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can definitely move them into the Student Lot Bin and then delete the Uni and install a fresh one, I did that when I got fed-up of Sim State.  I can't remember whether I got new dormies or not, but I don't think so (if you do, just delete them).  You certainly don't get new professors or the other Uni NPC's.  The only thing you will need to do is go into SimPE and delete all the "Door Key" tokens from the dormies currently in situ, otherwise they will remain tied to those deleted lots forever and if the game runs out when you start another dorm, it will make new ones.  The current ones can't be used again unless you delete their room key tokens.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 December 28, 06:46:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I'm working around this at the moment by pulling houses from the lot bin and moving students that I want to play into the new houses.  These seem to be working fine but the original dorms/houses still refuse to load properly.

My current plan of attack is to push all of the students that are currently at uni through their studies, then once they're all out, delete Academie and attach Sim State or La Fiesta.  Or just not give any more Pleasantview teens to opportunity to go to uni.  I haven't decided which.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 December 28, 09:11:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never had a problem with any college since NL, but maybe it's because the first one I played was for a new Pleasantview, and not one saved previously.  However, I've had problems recently in my main neighbourhood, which is an old one that I've revived, and it wasn't related to lots, but to extra want slots getting stuck.  So if one of the students in a house had earned an extra want slot, it might be that which caused the lot to refuse to load.  Sometimes moving them out and back in will solve it first time, sometimes it takes a couple of tries before the wants finally stop rolling long enough for the sim to actually load and be able to move, but you then have blank want slots and the extra one or two will be lost.  However, they can be replaced with the College adjuster and I found that when the sim woke up in the morning the wants rolled normally again.

Zephyr Zodiac
Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 January 02, 15:04:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could try to enter into debug mode before loading the lot, and see if any error messages appear.
I've had some exported lots not loading due to corrupt/invalid object controllers, so the only way to get rid of them is to click "Delete" if any message appears.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 January 02, 20:08:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never had any luck with debug mode.  Besides, these are new lots, and nothing wrong with them at all!  I made them myself, and I'm very careful!  But the answer is simple, Pescado and others reminded me in another thread that all I have to do iis enter in Build Mode, scroll around the lot, up and down, then save and exit before moving the family in.

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: