More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 12, 01:55:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  For those BBS-phobics....there's a new patch out.
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: For those BBS-phobics....there's a new patch out.  (Read 113616 times)
sintrinity
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: For those BBS-phobics....there's a new patch out.
« Reply #225 on: 2006 February 13, 19:38:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, electronics is still broke.  Bought one each (handheld, MP3, cell phone) as the Pleasant pain-in-the-rear teens got the wants and Angie ended up with two of everything and Lilith rerolled wanting one again.

Also noticed that the after work hug that I have a mod for seems to work but causes a jump like a reset.

Last but not least I have lost the option to end dates and just have to wait on the timer to expire  Angry.  Not sure which one is causing that but I did decide to try out a few new ones from Christianluv that I would think are unrelated but we'll see.

Hmm, wonder if I'll finally get it all sorted out just in time for OFB  Undecided
cheriem
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: 2006 February 13, 20:03:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know reading all this, that maybe the new patch broke this and that... I don't think I want to install it.  I'm thinking I'll wait until March and then when I get the new one then I'll break my game.  'Till then I like things just the way they are, thank-you-very-much. Cheesy

MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: 2006 February 13, 20:28:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Me too: I'm waiting. Why use the patch now and have to work out which hacks work/which don't? I'll wait...maybe till the NEXT Ep after OFB....
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: 2006 February 13, 20:56:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since, apart from the terrain paints issue, Maxis seems intent on only correcting what the modders have already corrected, unless you have a particular need for the terrain paints to be fixed, I honestly can't see the point in installing the patch either!

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: 2006 February 13, 21:22:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well it seems that we all agree on something!
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: 2006 February 13, 21:25:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unfortunately, I had a problem with swapping my games back after doing all the terrains testing, so I had no choice but to leave the patch in.  Nothing seems to be broken yet, but then again, I haven't played all that much since.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: 2006 February 13, 21:28:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, that's a shame - you do all that work to help everyone, and then your game is (possibly, but hopefully not) in a mess!

Zephyr Zodiac
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: 2006 February 13, 21:38:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even if they aren't as fast, I'm glad Maxis made the patch. I don't really expect them to do these things all at once, since they are always on a timeline to develop the next expansion pack. I am really glad they fixed the terrain paint issues as well. A lot of people on this forum (azure gazpacho!) were really asking for it.
« Last Edit: 2006 February 13, 22:09:20 by Ellatrue » Logged

cheriem
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: 2006 February 13, 21:53:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well that's true.  I do like that they fixed the terrain paint thing, but now Blue's game is funky!  And after just trying to be helpful.  That's so not what the patch is supposed to do! Smiley

BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: 2006 February 13, 22:04:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, to be fair, my game is not funky.  At least, not yet.  And if my game turns into a Big Fiery Ball Visible From Space, well then, I have to reinstall.  Not like I've never done that before.  Roll Eyes

I do it to help the masses, and if I had to do it all over again, I'd do the same thing.  Smiley
cheriem
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: 2006 February 13, 22:05:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good for you Grin

sintrinity
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: 2006 February 13, 22:53:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, an update on not being able to end my dates - went to Veronaville this time and it seems that it is not necessarily "end the date" but a random menu option gets taken over by "spawn" - "memory manager x 10 or so" (last time it was the slow dance option).  If I chose one of those (spawn- memory manager) each memory manager had a different social attached to it that went in my sims queue (mostly date socials that I could see like all those "ask about...").

At any rate the only thing I can think of that changes that social menu that I have is macrotastics so I am gonna try to disable it and see if either the patch or that easy bed I downloaded from Christianluv is causing some kind of conflict.

Grrr, maybe I should just reinstall and skip the patch and wait till OFB gives me grief.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: 2006 February 13, 23:23:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I installed a vanilla game with all EPs, then the patch. I had one evening playing so far - with all hacks and mods - no problems so far.

I haven't done any terrain paint testing yet.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: 2006 February 14, 00:39:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Funny, I haven't seen Spawn Memory Manager since I first installed Uni!

Zephyr Zodiac
sintrinity
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: 2006 February 14, 04:28:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it is not Macrotastics (whew) and I am tired of messing around with it for awhile so I think I will disable every mod except my must-haves from Pescado, twojeffs, Inge , Monique's comp, and, and... oh hell.  Back to the drawing board...  It took awhile to wean myself off Insim - don't think I can take anymore withdrawals.

Hmm, I did dl a few lots from sims2 (cause my houses are AWFUL).  Wonder if I got something unknown there.  Come to think of it, I think I saw some pink empty packages in the clean installer... 

Next stop is looking for a teen pregnancy mod if I can find one (I know, just playing with fire and whining every time I get burned  Cheesy).  I will find a way to destroy Angie "priss" Pleasant's life yet though  Roll Eyes
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: 2006 February 14, 09:22:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I get the feeling you, like me, prefer Lilith!  I've killed Angela twice so far, once by drowning, once accidentally when she was making crepes suzettes and I forgot to install a fire alarm!

Zephyr Zodiac
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: 2006 February 14, 10:10:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So what's the verdict for the patch?

To patch or not to patch...That is the question...

Maybe we need another poll.  Ha Ha. Grin

I went outside once...the graphics were shit.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: 2006 February 14, 10:31:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Patch. There's probably some new bugs (final exam and an odd toast error with dining) but it fixes more than it breaks.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: 2006 February 14, 15:14:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it's one thing if it breaks a non-Maxis hack, but another when it breaks its own original coding!

Zephyr Zodiac
Marg
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: 2006 February 14, 20:23:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always wait to see if I have to patch before blindly just putting it in my game.    I don't know if I am just lucky, but I don't seem to have developed a lot of the bugs that other people are complaining about.    I figure if it isn't broken I don't need to fix it.     I have added the critical fixes from MATY though.    Most of the patches that come out seem to add their own problems.    With the terrain paint problem being fixed in the patch, if you are uploading lots it would be a good idea to patch your game.    For me, I will wait until I need to. 
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: 2006 February 14, 23:38:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it's kind of like trying to decide between trading your old car for another used car.  You know what problems your car has, but you don't know what new and different problems the newer car may have.  I am used to these bugs.  Do I want to give up the bugs I am used to dealing with to try dealing with new, unknown bugs?  Not right now I don't.
sintrinity
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: 2006 February 15, 01:57:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, after I deleted all downloads except from here, simlogical and Monique's computer I don't have any problems with the patch.  Electronics are still broke but then they have never worked right anyway.  I haven't sent anyone to college yet though but then again I never had a final exam bug before so...

I dunno.  If I actually kept my neighborhoods I may not load it but since I reload the 'hoods whenever I get bored I don't mind if something blows up.  Becomes a bit of a challenge  Cheesy

And YES ZephyrZodiac - I HATE Angela Pleasant ever since she and Lil lived in Alex Goth's frat house one iteration and she was such a snot!  She always hunted Lil down and beat her up even when I had Lilith max her body skill.  I think Maxis cheated for her (I know they did genetically anyways).  But, what comes around goes around - Lil slept with every boyfriend Angie ever had during and after college so she would at least have a good reason to get beat up. 
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

SL Diva or TS2 Drama Queen? Uh...both!

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: 2006 February 15, 03:27:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd say Patch too. I've run the game in a fresh neighbourhood.  I haven't put back in my old hoods yet because I'm still working out what I need to remove. I've added back in a long list of JM's fixes and they're working fine.  All other mods listed previously above are compatible on the whole.  I tried a date on a residential lot with Insim and Inteem in place and did not see anything similar to Sintrinity.  I have a clean, custom content but hack loaded game and it's all good!  I've used Doc Doofus' mod with 9 in the test household and that seems fine as well.  With Inteem a pregnant teen gave birth on teen Day 17 - and was able to go to Uni after - the delayed day feature worked fine.  A birth at Uni went smoothly and the baby is aging correctly.  Monique's computer features are all working okay.  Ste's hacks are all working.  I'd say save your old hoods and then patch.  The game is loading superfast, so I also think that they've ironed out less obvious bugs ready for OFB.

The main annoyance for me with the NLPatch II is the electronic wants being more broken than ever.  JM has declared the cellphone fix obsolete, but I think it's still needed. 

happy now :-)
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: 2006 February 15, 04:05:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One thing I noticed tonight was in moving a household to a new house.  I only use two versions of the same house in this hood, one a smaller, starter home and the other a bigger version with a garage.  I didn't have anything that didn't place like it was supposed to.  All beds, dressers, career rewards, sofas, etc., I could place against the wall just like I had them in the old house without needing to use moveobject. 

This is the first time since NL that I was able to do that, and I have moved quite a few families from copies of the small house to copies of the big house.  The only thing that changes when I place one of these lots is the color - which usually includes changing fences, foliage, etc.

I also had sent three YA's to Uni the other day and played their whole first year without any final exam bug.  And I had this bug big time when I first got Uni, so I got the fix and used it until the first patch came out.  I haven't needed to put it back in, although one time - before installing NLP2 - I had a YA who was going to be unceremoniously returned to the home hood.  Left the lot without saving, then went back in and had her go to a community lot one time.  She then got through her exam fine.

I know it probably sounds wierd, but one thing I always do is send my new YA's to the boutique to buy clothes.  This one I didn't, as there were already plenty of clothes already at the dorm.  This was the only thing I could see that I had done differently with this particular sim.  And it seems that when I had the bug before, I was playing Pleasantview, and the students affected were all on residential lots instead of in dorms.  With them, if I didn't save and moved them to another lot, they went through just fine.  But before I tried that, I had one student who "missed" three exams!  And skipped semesters, too.  She was on the same lot as her twin brother, who both started Uni together, but was a year and a half ahead of him!

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
magic cookie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: 2006 February 15, 23:11:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh dear. Installed the patch and have two brand new problems cropping up:

1/ The beloved JUMP BUG! Didn't have it before.

2/ All NL have been erased from Bodyshop.

Any idea on how to fix this?

Maxis SUCKS, way to go to make me want to buy OFB fast, ugh what a bunch of useless people.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: