More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 23, 19:50:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Installation problem
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Installation problem  (Read 2265 times)
mourning.glory
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Installation problem
« on: 2007 February 05, 14:41:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe I'm search retarded, but I cannot for the life of me find a solution to this problem. And I am quite frankly ready to throw my computer out of the window.

I cannot get OFB and Pets to co-exist. Both install just fine, but when I install one it uninstalls the other. I have the patches for both. Any suggestions, or can anyone redirect me to a solution?
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: Installation problem
« Reply #1 on: 2007 February 05, 15:29:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've heard of weird stuff like that when people have tried making registry backups and swapping so that they could have separate installations (for example, to build with just the base game or the base game plus NL, but still play with everything).

Make sure you're installing OFB first, then the OFB patch, then Pets, then the Pets patch. 
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
Re: Installation problem
« Reply #2 on: 2007 February 07, 19:31:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This happens sometimes when you try to install Pets while leaving in your Sims2 folder in My Documents, even if you've removed your downloads. Take out the folder, uninstall at least Pets, if that's what is installed last, then go into your registry and remove it there, because it didn't really uninstall it  Roll Eyes, then try installing again. After it works, replace your Sims 2 folder. If that doesn't work, you're going to have to start over from scratch- uninstall everything, and then don't replace the folder until you're completely finished with installing and patching.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: