More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 24, 11:54:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Missing lot debugger!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Missing lot debugger!  (Read 7833 times)
SandyFeet
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Missing lot debugger!
« on: 2008 June 24, 04:08:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm new to this board...and just downloaded the lot debugger, but it is not appearing in my game at all Under Misc/Misc.  Am I missing something?

I was hoping to use it to recover a sim that was stuck at Belle's Boutiques in Riverblossom Hills.  Well...she was stuck...she just kept blowing a whistle and waving her arms...for hours...until I deleted her, thinking that she would reset.

Well....she didn't reset!  I can teleport her onto a lot...and she's fine...but she never goes back to the store...and no other Sim can visit the store.  I can't move her in with someone else because she won't go home ....and because she won't go home I can't  get her to the bin.

So...it's a sticky wicket all the way around....but my main concern...is why isn't the lot debugger showing up?  Any ideas?
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: Missing lot debugger!
« Reply #1 on: 2008 June 24, 05:44:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

User error. Do you know what you are looking for? It is a black box with the batman logo on it.

BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2008 June 24, 09:24:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought the Magic Wand fixed something like that as well.  If you're looking for the Wand, you need to looking in the collections folders.  Otherwise, listen to Emma.  If you can't find either, you can go browse Simlogical's teleporters and download the cat statue.  The cat will let you move your sim into a new family.  However, you'll probably lose the business if you do it that way.

SandyFeet
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 June 24, 13:23:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I knew it was a black box with the batman logo...and believe me... it isn't there!  I had seen a tut for it somewhere so knew what to look for.

I'll try the cat thingy...but sure would like to know why the lot debugger isn't showing up.

Thanks!
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 June 24, 13:48:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Basic questions:

1) did you unzip the lot debugger and put the package file in your Downloads directory?
2) is your Downloads directory named with a capital and not a small 'D'?

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
SandyFeet
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 June 24, 14:10:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, to both questions.  I just downloaded the cat...and it shows up....but because the business lot and the home lot are now unplayable ( I can only use build mode on the business and can't access the house at all because it says the owner is visiting the business.  I seem to be stuck in a circular pattern.  I did try to move her in with someone else and can't.  It says because she is visiting the business lot...she must retun home first.  How do I get the business lot to become playable?
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 June 24, 14:13:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Magic Wand -- wave it on the business lot in build mode, and that should fix it so the owner either shows up there again, or is sent home.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
SandyFeet
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 June 24, 14:37:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cool!  But where do I find the magic wand?  I looked in collections and couldn't find it.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 June 24, 14:56:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, well, that's where it would be -- you put the actual magic wand package in your Downloads directory, and the collection file in your collections directory.  If you're not seeing it, then you probably haven't installed it correctly.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
notovny
Garrulous Gimp

Report to the Budgerigar Commisar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2008 June 24, 15:15:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cool!  But where do I find the magic wand?  I looked in collections and couldn't find it.

The Magic Wand Collection uses one of the OFB Register  icons by default, if I recall correctly.  I wound up switching the collection to the Makin' Magic Hat so I could find the bloody thing.

Google Sidewiki: Allowing invisible webpage vandalism since 2009.
SandyFeet
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 June 24, 16:33:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok...I found the magic wand...and waved it...but nothing has happened.  The business lot will not go into Live mode at all.  I reinstalled the lot debugger and now it's showing....but I can't seem to use it..as the lot won't go into live mode.  Now what?

BTW...thanks for all the help!
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 June 24, 17:42:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is with the owner still on-lot, right? I know you now have the teleporter. Summon her to another lot and move her in via the teleporter. (I'm assuming your other attempts have been using normal game mechanics). Then try revisiting the lot.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
SandyFeet
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 June 24, 18:20:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried moving her in...but it tells me that she has to go home first.  I need to get her to show up on the business lot...so I can send her home.

I just don't know how to get the business lot back into live mode.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 June 24, 18:36:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you exit and save the business lot after waving the wand?

Oh, and when Zazazu said 'move her in', she meant to an entirely unrelated lot -- not the business nor the business owner's home lot.  Go to some other playable's lot, and use the cat to summon the business owner there.  That some sometimes breaks the deadlock/limbo the owner is in.
« Last Edit: 2008 June 24, 18:41:51 by jsalemi » Logged

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
SandyFeet
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 June 24, 19:17:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I've done both.  However, does the wand work in build or buy mode?  Tried to move her in with another couple...and it tells me she has to go home first.  This is nuts!

There has to be a way to enable live mode on the business lot.
notovny
Garrulous Gimp

Report to the Budgerigar Commisar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2008 June 24, 19:58:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the case of the "Sim caught off-lot on business lot," you're supposed to place the Magic Wand on the lot, not just wave it around, if I recall correctly.

Good luck with that. Back when something similar happened to me, Multiple attempts to use the Magic Wand in this fashion failed, so I wound up backing up my neighborhood, and writing down the employees' names. packaging the community lot,  and bulldozing the lot.  This made the owner reappear on her home lot.

I then placed a copy of the lot back, rebought the lot, invited the employees over, made them Selectable, had them quit their nonexistent jobs, then went back to the replaced lot, rehired them, and started over from Level 0.

Google Sidewiki: Allowing invisible webpage vandalism since 2009.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 June 24, 20:12:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I've done both.  However, does the wand work in build or buy mode?  Tried to move her in with another couple...and it tells me she has to go home first.  This is nuts!
You still haven't specified whether you tried moving her in via the cat or via normal game mechanics. If you haven't tried moving her in via the cat, do so. This means you will:

1. Summon her via the cat.
2. Click on the cat. Choose to make her selectable.
3. Make her your active sim.
4. Choose "Move in".

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
SandyFeet
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 June 24, 21:46:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahhhh.... I did use the cat...but didn't make her selectable...so no wonder it didn't work.

As of now... I have moved her in with a family...made her find her own place...which released the lock on her old house.  I sold her business...but haven't tried to get a sim to visit it yet.

If it is still locked up...can I just bulldoze the business?

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 June 24, 21:56:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You should be able to just bulldoze it now, though first I'd have her check on the phone to see if she can sell it and at least get the money back from it.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
SandyFeet
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 June 24, 22:44:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did sell the business....now off to bulldoze it and replace it with something else.

Thanks to all for the help...you saved one of my favorite Sims!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: