More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 22, 15:11:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  No downtownies/hack conflict - anyone know which one?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: No downtownies/hack conflict - anyone know which one?  (Read 3193 times)
schmoopee
Blathering Buffoon

I'm the Green Bastard!

View Profile
No downtownies/hack conflict - anyone know which one?
« on: 2005 October 15, 11:16:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had downtownies. Then I didn't. I'd send a sim downtown, and only NPCs were on the downtown lots. I downloaded some hacks in between but I can't remember what I already had and what I added. I have almost all of Pescado's, some twojeffs, and a few others - I tend not to download hacks from names I don't recognize unless they've been tested thoroughly by others and it's something I really want.

I took out all my hacks and now the downtownies are showing up again. Does anyone know which hack is causing this to save me trying to put them back in bit by bit? Thanks in advance. Grin

Corn is no place for a mighty warrior!
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
Re: No downtownies/hack conflict - anyone know which one?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 15, 12:07:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"notownieregen" might be the cause. Then again, does that recognize downtownies? Or is it just regular townies?

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
schmoopee
Blathering Buffoon

I'm the Green Bastard!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 15, 12:33:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had notownies pre-NL and left it in at first, and I had downtownies.

But - here's a thought - I just started killing off downtownie children as my kids bring them home from school. The no downtownies problem may have started since then. Maybe the noregen is making them all disappear when I killed off just some. I'll have to check it out - thanks, Venusy! Cheesy

Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 15, 19:27:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Notownieregen recognizes Downtownies and it will stop them from spawning.  I've been playing with it in my game and haven't noticed any problems with sims that were already generated.  Unless it's related to killing off the children I don't think it would be the cause.

As an aside, when you put new mods into your game, you might want to put them into a separate folder until you know for sure you want them in your game.  I have all my file mods in one folder, object mods in another and a third for new mods.  I finally figured out to do this after sifting through everything trying to find one I decided I didn't want after all. Wink

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 15, 22:20:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I first got the ep, I noticed my sims would be the only ones on the downtown lots.  I would get this error a while back which I guessed had to do with notownieregen. Of course, I'm not a modder, so it was an uneducated guess. But once I took the notownieregen mod out, I was able to have other sims appear at the downtown lots.

[attachment deleted by admin]
schmoopee
Blathering Buffoon

I'm the Green Bastard!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 16, 12:11:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried taking it out - then downtown wouldn't load at all - it's just stays stuck on the loading screen - which is another problem I had a while back. I got frustrated, didn't play for a couple of weeks, and then when I tried again, downtown would load. I had done a defrag & spyware scan & scandisk in the meantime, I thought that might have fixed it but now it's all frigged up again.

So I took out all the hacks - now it works, and the people downtown are back. But nooo hacks - aaaaaaaaaaarghh I can't stand it!

Misty, you're right, I need to be more organized with new stuff I put in my game! My download folder is a big ol' mess. I do have a hacks folder, and then everything else is just dumped in. *lol*  Embarrassed

So yeah, I am having some sort of hack conflict, I guess I'll have to just add them in a few at a time until I find the one that's making downtown freeze up on loading, and/or making the downtown people not show up.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: