More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 12:32:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Strangehood Genealogy and other anomalies
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Strangehood Genealogy and other anomalies  (Read 23225 times)
questar
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Strangehood Genealogy and other anomalies
« on: 2006 January 09, 21:20:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK
I'm sure everyone has already read about this somewhere but I can't put it to rest.  What is the deal with Strangetown family genealogy? 

Simpe and EA data do not match up.
Curious family
Just odd or just impossible?  Ok, it's odd that Jenny Curious married PT#9, the creature that inseminated her father.  But it's impossible that she would marry the thing and then not know that she has two sisters by him.  How creepy can you get?  SimPe shows Glarn Curious as the dad of the four Curious children Jenny, Pascal, Vidcund, and Lazlo.  In SimPE, he is also the "mother" of the two singles siblings Lola and Chloe. That makes six Sims who we should consider as two sets of related  siblings.  Somehow, though, they show up in the game as distinct, non-related, and worse - marriageable.  I mean Pascal, Vidcund or Lazlo can marry either Lola or Chloe.  There are lots of loose ends here.  First of all, EA has injected false memories into the game that just cannot be true.  Who was Glabe Curious and why do both Lola and Chloe Singles have memories of being potty trained and taught to talk by her?  Was she really Lola and Chloe's mother?  Was she Glarn Curious' sister?  In that case, there would still be some family tie.  Lola and Chloe would be cousins to the Curious siblings. But SimPe shows him as their  father and not the uncle.  So, I doubt that Glabe was their mother.  The potty traiing memories remain a mystery.  What about who raised the Single sisters? Neither one has any memory of either Glarn or Kitty Curious.  If PT is the biological father of the Singles siblings, then who was their adoptive father?    EA Games has included photos of Lola and Chloe as little girls in their photo album.  A red headed woman is instructing them about a man who does NOT show up anywhere in the game.  Is that supposed to be their father?  If so, he does not show in SimPE.  If PT is just their biological father, then why is he consciously aware of their existence like a real dad would be?  He constantly shows wants and memories associated with Lola and Chloe.  Is it possible that PT is really not the alien that inseminated Glarn Curious?  If he didn't, then who did?Huh?   Glabe Curious is in the game, she is dead but resurrect-able.  What stinks - EA games erases memories for dead Sims.  So we really can't tell by checking Glarn Curious or whoever.  His memory banks have been wiped.  What we need here is info from the creator of the Strangetown - who made Strangetown?
An anonymous EA employee or...?
Specter family
Weird and horror meet
Possible story line.  Patrick Jones leaves Olive Specter at the altar and it seems that she just can'tget over it.  (Check Specter family photo album) She becomes bitter and cruel and begins to lure men (and others) to their death.  She is first and foremost a black widow, who marries men and then somehow kills them.  She marries Rigger Mortis, a rich, older Sim and then knocks him off.  Early Demise, and Tim(e)ly Demise, Lou and Hugh Thanasia (get it?!? Tongue) and Rigger Mortis are all dead and buried in her back yard.  To be fair, two of her victims were siblings of her husbands.  Her last husband was Ichabod, who also died before her. Natch.   Apparently she so blood thirsty that she makes some sort of pack with the devil (Grim Reaper).  They do the wild thing (!) and poor Nervous is born.  Alternatively, was he adopted?  Secondly, Olive is a psycho mass murderer - many show up on her doorstep and disappear forever.  So went the maid, the pizza delivery person, the mail carrier, the repairman and some gender-confused teenagers - Luc and Melissa Sims.  Finally, she is quite a danger to her family.  The authorities repossess her kid, and she is doing a way wack job of raising her niece.  You have to wonder too, just how her younger sister and her husband died.  Sure is a lot of death around Olive Specter, she's a real menace to the community.  Genealogical question - is she the birth mother or the adoptive mother of Nervous?  Why do they have such distinct skin colors?  Did EA games deliberately choose to make him light skinned, knowing that he is supposed  to be the one character who is tortured and abused?   I mean it would be AWFUL to create a major game character who is supposed to be a victim, be abused, misused and tortured and then have him be dark skinned on top of all that.  Some people might just take that badly.  Could turn out to be pretty bad PR foor our buddies at EA.  The social worker seizes him and he is given to the Beakers (Circe and Loki).  Somehow, he grew up in the house. He has two or three memories of "growing up badly" after moving into their household.  That means that he arrived there either as a tiny baby or as a toddler.   Funny thing is, the Beakers did not adopt him, so how did he get there?  Erin singles, who also grew up in that household, does not have any memories of Nervous.  So I assume he moved in after she had already moved out. SimPe reveals two character files for Nervous Subject N002_User00004 and Nervous Subject N002_User00016.  I am guessing that one Nervous, #16 who is dead in the game, was actually tortured to death by Circe and Loki who both have ZERO nice in their personalities.   Then EA  has created another Nervous ' #4.  This Nervous is still alive when we get the game. Did EA game clone him?  Anyway, what is the psychology behind all this?  I used to love the game's fluffy irony and lightweight social commentary.  But this is just weird.  What are we laughing at here?  Should Nervous be a joke, when there are real children going through foster care nightmares out there?  I guess I wish that the game showed more sympathy for Nervous.  For the Specter household - the bottom line is - what is this doing to the black population in Strangehood?  Tongue  By the time we get there, only Olive and poor Ophelia are left!  More efficient then the Klux Klan! Shocked

That's all for now.  Your comments appreciated.
Here's a link : http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?p=943401#post943401
I'm not the only one wondering about this stuff.
« Last Edit: 2006 January 09, 22:08:15 by questar » Logged
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Strangehood Genealogy and other anomalies
« Reply #1 on: 2006 January 09, 21:50:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

About Chloe and Lola Singles:

This is what I see in the Enhanser:

Glarn was captured by aliens, and PT is the father of the twins Chloe and Lola. Glab was not their mother, but could potty train them for sure. I don't know why she has blank memory - perhaps she is like Bella.
questar
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 January 09, 22:10:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So Enhancer also shows Glarn as the dad.  I think that is proof positive that there are six related siblings.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 January 09, 23:05:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The characters have no real storyline behind them unless you attach one to them.  Maxis attached a weak one to the characters to get a storyline going, but I don't think they thought to elaborate b/c I don't think they figured the players would really pay that much attention..that or they just didn't care.

I think it has also been noted that the characters developed as the game did so who knows went on to mess up family trees, relationships ect.

I've saw the whole curious/singles/smith mess but just ignored it..that is one messed up family lol  But if you just figure they're all related and keep them from breeding you're set.

The Specter thing appears to be someone's twisted humor...assuming that they never *could* actually reproduce with the actual grim reaper and spawn a memory of doing so, CAS and debug mode was all they need to create a sim known as the grim reaper and hook him up with Olive.  And from the looks of it they created a very strange looking sim to be the grim reaper.  If you actually use any mods to get a sim pregnant with the grim reapers child, they look nothing like nervous and are usually quite good looking.

I too have always wondered though how Nervous got with the Beakers.  I guess they are supposed to be the evil scary scientists that live there or something but of course upon entering the house you see that it's a normal house, Nervous is well taken care of, and the reason he is running around puking on other lots is b/c he has food poisoning.

I don't try to figure out Maxis storylines.  They really aren't entertaining to me.  I've used a few of them to feul my own storylines when starting out in Maxis made hoods but they are really of no value.  I mean look what they did...they had idiots running around screaming WHERE'S BELLA and thinking something would magically happen if they reunited her with her family for months lol
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

SL Diva or TS2 Drama Queen? Uh...both!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 January 10, 00:09:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I played Strangetown when I first got the game. I swear that there were no family markers on the thumbnails for Johnny Smith and Lola Singles when I first started playing them.  They were best friends and I wanted them to be an alien couple.  However, even though they'd reached full points on the friendship scale, I couldn't get them to flirt.  When I doublechecked again, the family markers were in place for Johnny, Lola and Chloe.  That's when I started looking at the alien family tree.  During those early hedonistic days I used to transfer families across neighbourhoods.  As I was using a telescope hack I had loads of alien families in the three Maxis neighbourhoods so I decided to move them all into Strangetown.  When I checked each alien family tree  I found out that one PT was fertilising all the neighbourhoods so all my aliens were related; it didn't matter whether they were in Pleasantview, Strangetown or Veronaville.   Soon after my game blew up. Smiley

happy now :-)
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 January 10, 04:51:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe JM has stated that when people impregnate their sims with the Grim Reaper, it has the same result as a self-pollination, that is, using the Tombstone of Life and Death or the InSeminator to have your sim get pregnant with themself.  The Grim Reaper isn't a normal sim and does not have character data to pass on, so the sim is a clone of the parent, but will be of the opposite gender.  This is what happens with Brandi Broke's third child, which has been discussed in depth in another thread. If a sim gets pregnant and the father dies and the tombstone is sold before the baby is born, then the character data is destroyed, and the game is not able to pull that sim's information to pass on to the child.

The Grim Reapers in both my old and new Pleasantview and Strangetown are male, and they have no DNA when I look at them in SimPE.  I've heard others say their Grim Reaper is female, but I've not seen this.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 January 10, 04:52:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll bet it did!!!! Grin

I reckon the best thing to do with Strangetown is clone the sims you want, then deleteall characters and put in what details YOU want to the recreated sims!  Just be more careful than Maxis and you should be all set to get a good storyline going.

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 January 10, 04:57:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's such a pain to have to clean up the mess they left behind before you can start playing the way you want to.  That's what I did this last time I started Pleasantview again.  But I couldn't bring myself to destroy my old Pleasantview, so it's still there.  I still check in on them and see how they are doing.
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 January 10, 05:08:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nuclear option is definitely my bet, on all Maxian type things. Copy out interesting bits, nuke, and reconstruct to taste. Because the Curious brothers are fun, but Loki Beaker is just freaking scary. Hmm . . . I wonder what his and Nervous Subject's kids would look like?
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 January 10, 05:13:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Loki's daughter by Circe certainly inherited his scowl.  I put Nervous and Pascal together, and they had a little girl with the help of mods.  She looks unremarkable as a toddler, but I've heard othe rpeople say that Nervous' jaw is a dominant feature in his offspring.  Would be an interesting "experiment."
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 January 10, 05:21:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like the kind of sadistic experiment Circe and Loki would pull, too . . . after changing Nervous's aspiration to Romance, of course.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 January 10, 05:22:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually moved Nervous back in with his mother - and her temperament improved, so maybe the memory of the social worker really affected her!  I changed his name to Norman Specter, changed his face with the plastic surgery table, and after a lot of effort he stopped being quite so nervous! Don't think I actually got him hooked up with anyone, but he did have loads of friends!

Zephyr Zodiac
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

SL Diva or TS2 Drama Queen? Uh...both!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 January 10, 06:35:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Loki's daughter by Circe certainly inherited his scowl.  I put Nervous and Pascal together, and they had a little girl with the help of mods.  She looks unremarkable as a toddler, but I've heard othe rpeople say that Nervous' jaw is a dominant feature in his offspring.  Would be an interesting "experiment."
I had Pascal and Nervous as a couple too - in that same pre-explosion neighbourhood.  They didin't have kids together, but Nervous, who I think was a family sim, did attract the maid Kaylynn Langerak. In the end he moved her in, and before he knew what hit him, she moved them both out!  Four kids later he was still wondering what happened.  He was still in love with Pascal.  His eldest daughter was a cute baby, but boy did that jaw kick in when she became a child.

As for Loki and Circe - their house got bugged and so I had to move them out.  Circe had an affair with a bartender - Loki caught her in bed with her - so he up and left.  They were the first couple that I ever had break up and boy did I pay for it - Loki wasn't even living there but Circe got booted out.  Their eldest daughter who was still a kid was left to raise their evil looking twin sons.  Non-stop nannying prevented the Social Worker from coming - (I should have realised my neighbourhood was on its way out, because none of the Nannies would leave - they would become glitchy, so I started shoving them in the basement using move_objects on and just ordered another one in.  Loki went on to marry Olive Spectre's niece; their children had his upside down eyebrows.  I zoomed in the camera for a close up:  I still have nightmares.

happy now :-)
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 January 10, 06:36:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe JM has stated that when people impregnate their sims with the Grim Reaper, it has the same result as a self-pollination, that is, using the Tombstone of Life and Death or the InSeminator to have your sim get pregnant with themself.  The Grim Reaper isn't a normal sim and does not have character data to pass on, so the sim is a clone of the parent, but will be of the opposite gender.  This is what happens with Brandi Broke's third child, which has been discussed in depth in another thread. If a sim gets pregnant and the father dies and the tombstone is sold before the baby is born, then the character data is destroyed, and the game is not able to pull that sim's information to pass on to the child.

The Grim Reapers in both my old and new Pleasantview and Strangetown are male, and they have no DNA when I look at them in SimPE.  I've heard others say their Grim Reaper is female, but I've not seen this.

Hmmm does anybody know then where the grim pollination from Insim draws it's data from....b/c when using this to impregnate my sims with reaper babies they are definitely not clones.  I created a rather horrifying looking sim in CAS and impregnated her with a reaper baby.  The child did come out a boy, but nothing like it's mother and grew up to be rather good looking despite the mother.  That also wouldn't make sense as I have seen grim pollination produce girls for mothers who gave birth to them, destroying the whole clone/opposite gender theory unless of course considering it is a hack, it has hacked into some other character data.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 January 10, 06:42:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, I don't know, as I can't get the Grim Reaper's DNA to even come up in SimPE.
Marg
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 January 10, 06:55:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought I dimly remembered reading about this before.   

Look here
 http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=1423.0

Darn it   that's not the one.    There is a thread and I think it was on Pedesco's forum that people were showing actual pictures of grimmy and the offspring from grimmy, also the hula girls.    It may have been
prior to the birth of MATY.
« Last Edit: 2006 January 10, 07:03:13 by Marg » Logged
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 January 10, 07:08:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe the Insiminator creator made a false GR with better DNA just for the purpose of providing the DNA for the child?  Or simply draws on a list of selected variables?

Zephyr Zodiac
Marg
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 January 10, 07:36:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No I don't think so. but I guess it's possible.  They were pulling the DNA from somewhere in the game itself.    Unfortunately, if the thread was at the previous forum it would have been torched ages ago.    I remember there were at least three or four people involved and they were all posting various pictures of offspring they had in game.  One thing I do remember is that they said grimmys offspring was always the second skintone, and I think they thought the hula girls shared some of the same DNA.     
seventhson
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 January 10, 09:22:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I did a Grim Reaper's Kids experiment, the kids all looked rather similar (the mothers looked very different), and all had black hair, blue eyes and light skin. There were both boys and girls. This was done with inSim so the experiment may have been flawed, but the DNA being drawn on was definitely very consistent...a couple of the kids looked absolutely nothing like their mother, just lots of tiny near-clones of each other, even grown up. It was quite odd. They were all rather cute.
Kristalrose
Feckless Fool

I'll do anything for my kids!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 January 10, 16:11:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Warning:  Pending Thread Hyjack Attempt

Something I've been wondering that's vaguely related.  I use TJ's Abduction:  Higher Odds mod.  In my main neighborhood I used the deleteallcharacters cheat and JMP's sundy no-regenerate hacks.  I also have the Insiminator, but haven't used it to impregnate anyone.  Because of the Higher Odds, I have a few alien children.  When I had a male and female, I thought about marrying them off, but then thought, "Whoa, check out their family tree and make sure that they weren't fathered by the same PT."  Well, both SimsPE and the enhancer show that all my alien children have only one father, the male that hatched them.   Huh  Sims Enhancer shows the other parent as "unknown".  I went though my character files, thinking that I could repair the link and make the PT the other parent, but the PT is gone.  There are no aliens in my neighborhood files.  Did I nuke them with the deleteallcharacters cheat?  I thought they were service NPCs and would respawn as needed, like maids and nannys. 
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 January 10, 16:13:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The PT never had a character file, he's contained within objects.package like the various other "unique" NPCs like the Grim Reaper, the Holiday Pack NPCs, Hula Dancer, Therapist, and Crumplebottom. SimPE thus reports him as Unknown and by NID.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 January 10, 17:02:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think if you check their family trees in game, they will all be related to each other and therefore, even if the PT is absent from the tree, since they all have different "human" sim parents, the other parent must be the same!

Zephyr Zodiac
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 January 10, 17:57:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought they changed that in NL so they could pretend there's more than one PT and your alien children could marry. I believe they unlinked him, but am often w... wr.... wr.... er, mistaken ;)

Unsouper
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 January 10, 19:10:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Strangetown is...well...strange.  I too am disapointed at the complete lack of foresight into the Curious/Singles family relations.  Chloe, being the romancer that she is, wanted to flirt with each of the brothers the first time she met them.  I solved thing by getting Lola married to Ajay Loner and Chloe married to a downtownie (that extemely outgoing popularity asperation with the blue Hawaiian shirt).

Someone said Nervous' jaw is dominate.  I'm not sure about that.  But he's passed his lips on to his daughter he had with a downtownie.  Or should I say "lack of lips"?  She looks kind of like a Muppet...

Olive is a serial killer.  At least that's what my friend said when I showed him her memories list.  What's strange is that Lyla Grunt is dead and buried in her back yard as well, but the Grunts have no memory of her dying.

Don't get me started on how screwed up Veronaville is as well.  It seems like the only neighborhood they did half-way right is Pleasantview.  But that's the neighborhood that spawned the billion or so different Bella theories.  So your opinion may vary.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 January 10, 19:26:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Trepie, you changed your avatar - I like it!

Gee, now that you mention it, I never played in Verona Ville, since I bought TS2. I think that the Romeo-Juliett motif  repels me.

Do you have some descriptions of the relations going there, something that will arise my interest in this hood?
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: