More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 23:01:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Two Error Logs - Possibly related to Macrostatics and Romance Mod
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Two Error Logs - Possibly related to Macrostatics and Romance Mod  (Read 3901 times)
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
Two Error Logs - Possibly related to Macrostatics and Romance Mod
« on: 2005 August 29, 09:03:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh awesome one and/or any modders or peeps who have experience interpreting error logs, please take a look at these two logs and let me know if I should be concerned.

I didn't even realize who the first error was affecting. At first, I had just assumed it was completely related to the romance mod, because at the time I was playing a Romance Sim (N001_User00400 - Scott Paul) at Uni Dorm lot. At the moment this first error log popped up, he was gettin his mack on with his lover (N001_User00161 - Steven John) in the hot tub. As soon as they started to WooHoo in Hot Tub, I got the error. So... I just assumed that it was related to that. I figured it may have happened because Scott Paul also has two other lovers who are dormies on the lot (N001_User00352 - Grayson and N001_User00344 - Goopy). Not necessarily by choice, it just happened that way because he had all these Woohoo wants, and since he's gay, and these were the only male sims available at the time that he had a strong enough relationship to Casually WooHoo, despite their hideousness, they were unfortunately all I had to work with. Tongue

Well... it turned out, after looking at the log, it was the NPC Barista/Cafeteria Worker dude (N001_User00376 - Hunter)that was affected? At least that's what it looks like to me.  Huh  This could have been related to the fact that I had two other playable sims in the dorm at the time who were set to Macro.../Clean (N001_User00562 - Scott and N001_User00397 - Kristine). They both rolled up a want to gain a skill and since the dorm was dirty, I figured why not just make them clean. I did see at one point, that they were both trying to go for the stove. But then Scott changed his mind and went to clean one of the bathrooms while Kristine somewhat patiently waited for Hunter to move out of the way. I didn't bother to watch them and I guess it just coincided with the Woohoo in Tub action?  Undecided

In any case, I just clicked reset, and the Tub woohoo cinema continued as normal. Then, Scott Paul had a want to Woohoo in bed, and I figured, what the hell. He's crazy horny and who am I to deny his lust and desire for carnal pleasure.  Grin So, I sent him to bed, and invited Steven John to join him yet again. However, this time, I got another error log that popped up (the second one). Now this one looks like it just affected one of the dormies (N001_User00425 - Avri) who doesn't really have any sort of relationship with Scott Paul at all. But... I think at the time, Goopy was trying to get into the pool and possibly was talking with him.

Anyways, I'm not sure if something really bad happened, but even though I could get Scott Paul and Steven John into bed, when I tried to WooHoo, I got the error log. I hit reset, and then I tried again, but no dice. They just snuggled, and then they separated. No error log and no rejection. Steven John just tried to get out of bed. I asked him to join again, and then I tried to Woohoo for a 3rd time. Again, still no dice. They would get into the cuddle animation, the green ++ would show up over their heads, and then they would separate, without any rejection and Steven John would just get out of bed. Well, I was tired anyways, so I decided to just quit, save and post the error logs. See... the odd thing is, if Steven John was like too tired or wasn't in the mood, wouldn't he have rejected the Woohoo interaction? But he didn't. They would start to cuddle as if they were going to do it, and then they just separated platonically.  Huh

Anyways, I was wondering if the logs mean anything, or if they are just random and/or indecipherable junk. As far as I can venture, the only thing that may have been involved is the romance mod as far as the woohoo stuff is concerned. And the macrostatics.../clean for the barista dude error.

I do have a ton of new hacks, but most of those are dizzy's stuff, which are unrelated to woohoo: the homework dorm guardian, do homework in bedroom, smart serve, smart lights, and weekly-arsonist. I have recent updates of crammyboy's nudist and cock hacks, as well as portal fix stuff. But I wasn't even using those at the time since the sims weren't naked. Although they are supposed to get naked when doing Woohoo in bed, but it hasn't been a problem before.

The only other possibility is the InSIMenator UV v2 OBJ edition. I just updated that, but I think there is an even newer version by now. I haven't used that in for long whiles and I did not have it spawned on the lot at the time. I only spawn it if I need to tweak or fix something immediately, and then I delete it right away.

Anyhew, I hope something can be made heads or tails of this, even if it turns out to be nothing. I'd just like to know, as I'm worried about how close my game may be approaching critical  bfbvfs status. Tongue Esepecially with NL around the corner, I'm debating on whether to throw away everything and start from scratch? Tongue Which would kinda suck cuz now I've actually really been playing and putting a lot of time in developing my CAS created YAs and I have another new batch that I'm waiting to start on as well. It would just be a big relief to know that this may just be some random error or some possibly easily fixable error.

Ste

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Two Error Logs - Possibly related to Macrostatics and Romance Mod
« Reply #1 on: 2005 August 29, 15:28:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use the Romance mod all the time, and it's never given me any problems.  Maybe your sim is just sick of ugly lovers?

Zephyr Zodiac
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2005 August 29, 19:08:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use the Romance mod all the time, and it's never given me any problems.  Maybe your sim is just sick of ugly lovers?

Haha  Cheesy  Well... if that is the case, then he is truly uberly slutty and fickle. Because I gained all these lovers in one playing session, and all during ONE semester. I hadn't played this lot and this particular sim in a whiles. He currently had two lovers: Steven John, which was a CAS made sim from the regular neighborhood, and Robi somethingorother, which was a so-so looking dormie.

He then suddenly got uber horny and wanted to have WooHoo with 3 different sims. So... I figured what the hell. He already had a decent relationship with his professor through several casualized Make Out sessions thanks to twojefffs, which I used to up his grades/semester work meter, since he never seems to roll up any school related wants (no skilling, no homework, term paper, or research, not even influence wants to do so even though he gets tons through all the make outs and woohoos).

Anyhew, I managed to WooHoo the prof in the Hot Tub, which of course sprung up several more Woohoo related wants: Woohoo in Bed, Woohoo in Hot Tub, Public Woohoo, and Woohoo with 5 sims. Again, who am I to deny his greedy lust. It turned out that of the available sims/dormies on the lot, two of them were close enough in STR to get his mack on. He had already Made Out with Goopy, and had a high STR with Grayson. I was easily able to get Grayson to Woohoo, but I had to work a little on Goopy. After a few Make Out sessions in bed, Goopy was finally open to the idea of casualized Woohoo, going from "I'd rather pass..." to "You could talk me into that." But of course this just sprung up Make Out with 10 different sims and Woohoo with 10 different sims. Tongue

What the hell, so I decided to try the and fill the Public Woohoo, cause I wasn't anywhere close to getting 5 more other sims to want to Make Out, much less Woohoo anytime soon. I sent him to a public lot and invited Steven John along. As soon as I got there, I saw that Robi (that dormie lover) was already on the lot. To avoid jealous complications, I sent Steven John home, and decided to do Woohoo in public with Robi since he was already there. That was successful, but of course he then rolled up the Public woohoo 3 times want. So... I figured why not, this would be a chance to test out the jealous reactions. I didn't want to spoil his relationship with his real/first boyfriend at the time (Steven John), so I called up his Prof. instead, since he needed a grade boost anyways. The Prof. shows up and I make them public woohoo on the other side of the lot. Robi doesn't flinch or bat an eye, totally obliviously playing pinball and chatting up a storm with other dormies. Tongue Success and no jealousy! So, I figured I'd be risky and try it again with another dormie lover. I invited Grayson over, and by this time, the Prof. had walked over to join Robi at pinball.  Grin Yet again, my slutty fickle sim managed to score publically. By now, his energy was practically down to zero and his hunger and hygiene was following behind as a close second and third. So I high-tailed it back to the dorm to freshen up and re-energize, hopefully in time to avoid any potential visit from the GR.  Tongue

Well, I made it back home and he skipped his way up to the re-energizer on the roof and got his needs fixed. That's when he rolled up woohoo in hot tub and bed again.  Roll Eyes Damn, this horny sim just can't get enough!?!?! Whatever, he's full of energy, and he now has a want to flirt with his real boyfriend anyways. So I calls up Steven John, flirt with him, and then try to get him into the hot tub. That's when the errors started. Heheh. Maybe he had too much woohoo in one day? Huh

I just figured it might be related, because back when I was testing the romancemod wayyyyyyyyyy before it was officially released, I got all kinds of inexplicable errors popping up with a threesome set of lovers I had. Before the romancemod, I just used the no-jealousy-at-all hack, and managed to get these three sims to love each other. I then tried testing jealousy out, and although it worked successfully for the three of them, allowing combination of sexual/romantic interactions between two of the three and the 3rd not getting jealous, and often times cheering them on, if I tried made one of the parties flirt with an outsider, I sometimes got errors. It usually happened when the outsider was a relative of one of the 3, but I didn't check like all possibilities. I tried it with another trio household I had, and they also random errors pop up, but in their situation, it was harder to determine any kind of pattern. I think it may have been due to the two lovers both trying to be jealous at the same time? And maybe the jealousy emitter spazzed out because of that? *shrugs*

Anyhew, after the official release, it seemed like those problems were fixed. Perhaps I should go back and test em again. As of yet, I haven't had any problems in my game up until now. But then again, I haven't really been playing slutty... er Romance sims at all, so I haven't built any situations that would be supsceptible to fits of jealousy until now.

Ste

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 August 29, 19:24:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Only thing I've found is Romance Aries redheads and Pisces Romance sims seem to get the jealousy problem.  Another thing I found is that the four I initially had living in a Greek House (Keanu Broke, and 3 CAS sims) all having it off with each other but having to be careful where and when all of them get the whole camera thing every time they woohoo in the hottub.  they're also the only group of sims I've had who've rolled both woohoo in hottub and woohoo in love tub!  Keanu's back in Pleasantview now, getting near the top of the acting profession, but he's having great difficulty getting any more sims to fall in love with him!  (Mainly because he can't move in with Gary, his fiance, who's another aries and a knowledge sim - and extremely jealous! so he lives with Dustin and Mindy, and I'm reluctant to move him out as he seems quite happy there!  But I do get a bit bored playing the same family all the time, so I shall have to satisfy Keanu's wants by getting other unattached sims to do the romancing!  I suppose I could change his LTW to wohoo rather than being in love, since that doesn't have to be simultaneous, but he isn't really that horny, he has loads of other wants, like at college he always rolled college related wants, and now he rolls career and family ones, so I can keep him platinum most of the time.

But definitely watch out for redheaded Aries sims, they all seem to be jealous!

Zephyr Zodiac
Kristalrose
Feckless Fool

I'll do anything for my kids!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 August 29, 20:56:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL!!!  Isn't that true for real life, as well?  (Have a slew of Aires women in my family, including a red-headed aunt Wink )
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 August 29, 20:58:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, they're very sure of what they want so I suppose if whothey want is messing them about, they get angry!

Zephyr Zodiac
Kristalrose
Feckless Fool

I'll do anything for my kids!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 August 29, 21:25:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(sigh)  Don't get me started on headstrong Aries Women!  LOL  I have some stories that would curl your hair!  Smiley 
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 August 29, 21:27:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh Grin

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: