More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 16:51:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Bathroom Uses You - Yet Another Interesting Semaphoric Scenario
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bathroom Uses You - Yet Another Interesting Semaphoric Scenario  (Read 6287 times)
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
Bathroom Uses You - Yet Another Interesting Semaphoric Scenario
« on: 2005 August 18, 06:18:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So... and I don't know how I always seem to get these issues, but... looks like I ran into another interesting deadlock dilemma. Don't you just love the lovely alliteration?  Grin

I was playing in another dorm yesterday, goin about my usual business. This time, I added the appropriate number of controllers per toilet. This has solved the issue I had previously, so now my communal bathrooms are actually being used by more than one sim. Works like a charm! Cheesy

But... I noticed something a bit strange and silly in one of the communal bathrooms. This one is unisex or... er bisex... er whatever, it services both males AND females. Well... it seems that, even if there are two controllers, one controller will have a tendency to dominate over the other. As such, that toilet gets used more often than the other, and gets dirtier faster. Actually, that's just something to note, not the Actual problem.

The problem I had was, two dormies were sort of fighting over trying to use the same toilet. I don't know how it happened, but it seems like the controller got a hold of one dormie, who was trying to use the toilet, and somehow another dormie managed to get in there. They were both female. Dormie 1 would try to use the toilet (it was the kind with the green bathroom stall), and Dormie 2 would try to shoo her away. I'm not sure exactly if dormie 2 was trying to use the shower and she was too embarrassed to get nekkid? Or if she was trying to use the toilet instead? I was sort of half interested, and only curious if the cycle would go on forever before I had to intervene. See... after Dormie 2 did the shoo animation, dormie 1, who was like just in the middle of her animation to sit on the toilet, would immediately get up off the toilet and exit the stall. Then, I guess her bladder must have been very low, because she would turn around and sit try to sit back down again. At this point, dormie 2 would try to shoo her away again, and the cycle would repeat. This happened oh, about maybe almost 2 sim hours time. Tongue Who knows how long it had been going on before I noticed. Eventually, the cycle somehow broke, and dormie 1 ran out of the bathroom as if she were ejected by the bathroomusesyou hack, as what usually happens. I don't know if, between her very brief spurts of sitting down, perhaps she managed to empty her bladder finally, after all those cycles, that she was then kicked out?

Anyways, after she ran out, I think dormie 1 went to use the stall that dormie 2 had just ran out from. I can't remember exactly, as admittedly, I stopped paying attention. But I thought that was very strange and somewhat amusing.  Grin

Well... just thought I'd share the unusual stuff I find. At least no one got stuck or froze this time. Tongue

Just curious, is there a privacy issue with dorm bathrooms? I don't think I had ever seen a dormie shoo others out before, unless it was a single bathroom. Anyone else get this?
Ste

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Bathroom Uses You - Yet Another Interesting Semaphoric Scenario
« Reply #1 on: 2005 August 18, 07:43:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, the usual showers that are used in dorm bathrooms don't require any privacy, so unless you were using another shower, they shouldn't have needed privacy to shower.  Are your controllers set for All and not male or female?
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2005 August 22, 03:18:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, the usual showers that are used in dorm bathrooms don't require any privacy, so unless you were using another shower, they shouldn't have needed privacy to shower.  Are your controllers set for All and not male or female?

Yeah... I wouldn't have thought privacy would have been an issue. This particular dorm has a female and a male bathroom on the 2nd floor, equipped with two bathroom stalls and two public showers in each bathroom. I put two controllers for each stall, and those work fine.

The bathroom that I did have a problem with was a unisex bathroom. It also had two bathroom stalls and two cheap, shower stalls with curtains. I also had two controllers, and they were set to Seek.../All and Room Only. Changing any controller in the same bathroom seems to affect all controllers within the same room. I checked to make sure, just in case something weird was happening, but this was not the problem.

Anyways, dunno why it happened. It was amusing for a bit and I'm glad the loop broke. Just wonderin if anyone else ran into this.

Ste

linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 September 02, 12:13:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello People, I was going to create a new bathroom uses you thread, but then i searched and found this one, since its not bloated with posts, I think i'll post just here.

However it's a different problem from what you were havinh syberspunk..

I noticed that when i have visitors come over, and i propose to them to stay the night, they are not able to use the shower, while the bathroomusesyou object is placed in the bathroom.

They go and stand in front of the shower, take their clothes off then put them on again and leaves the bathroom running... then repeat the process.

they didi this utill i delete it the bathroom uses you object, afte what they normally got into the shower.
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 September 02, 12:19:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed that when i have visitors come over, and i propose to them to stay the night, they are not able to use the shower, while the bathroomusesyou object is placed in the bathroom.

They go and stand in front of the shower, take their clothes off then put them on again and leaves the bathroom running... then repeat the process.

Me too, having same problem.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 September 03, 02:53:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have visitors that I have not asked to stay the night, but they get stuck in the bathroom trying to take a shower, but they are too tired and fall asleep standing up.  My sims will try to use the bathroom but get thrown out, or else they wring their hands and worry about the sim who's passed out standing up.   Huh
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 September 03, 04:05:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have visitors that I have not asked to stay the night, but they get stuck in the bathroom trying to take a shower....

I've noticed that too. I think it's only sims with high neatness who try to do that. In my game, it's Bella Goth trying to take a shower in every house she's been invited to (matched her genetics+personality closely to Cassandra's, since I don't know what her original genetic and personality points were), and she's always having to do a 'bathroom tango' with Bathroom Uses You.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 September 03, 08:12:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm. That's weird. I'll look into that sometime, although this really shouldn't be happening given the way the interaction is wired.....

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 September 05, 15:08:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

J.M., i think, *think*, this might have something to do with the fact the "Bathroom uses you" hack will make the sims go to the toilet first, then use the shower, But the visitor does not want to use the toilet, only the shower.

so it may be happening some conflict between the classic bathroom-use-method and the "Bathroom Uses You" method
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2005 September 08, 16:05:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm glad to see I'm not the only having some issues with bathroomusesyou. For the most part, like 95% of the time it's fine, but other times it can get a little wiggy. I had something sort of similar happen again to various other problems:

One of my invited sims either magically set himself as a sleepover guest, or probably just got stuck in the bathroom. This was a YA sim, and while he was in the bathroom, I guess he got stuck in some loop or something when I wasn't paying attention and he ended up falling asleep in front of the toilet. The next morning, he woke up starving and then he keeled over in pain and died.  Roll Eyes Which put a damper on the rest of my sims who were busy skilling and meditating and basically preparing for their day. Now... see, I wouldn't have minded so much if it weren't for the fact that this turned out to be a CAS created sim, which was purposefully created by me based on a high school crush I had. Cheesy As such, I felt compelled to save him, and it was very fortunate that I had managed to become best friends with him the previous day. Tongue Anyhew, I successfully pleaded for his life *whew* and then yet another odd thing happened... his thumbnail appeared in my UI, as if he should be selectable, but he wasn't. This is similar to when I attempt to use the testingcheatsEnabled cheat to try and make sims selectable. Their thumbnail appears, but they really aren't selectable. I would click on him, and his queue would briefly show up and then disappear, defaulting to the previously selected sim.  Huh Regardless, he ended up walking off the lot and presumably went back home.

Yet another issue that I had is with a recent birth in the bathroom as similarly reported in this thread. I've only skimmed it just now... so I guess I will try the Emergency Stop thing, since it turns out that I saved just before the birth and I have been testing out the birth odds/results of twojeffs' trips&quads hack anyways, which I have reported here. I also have both the bathroomusesyou and the baby controller on that lot. I suppose I should have used the Emergency Stop to prevent the baby pick up attempt and bathroom kick out dash loop, but I also didn't think of that. I did try to manually direct the mother to pick the baby up, but she was still kicked out. Okay... I just read  further on and I saw that Emergency Stop did not help, which is just as I suspected, since manually directing the sim to pick the baby up also did not help. I shall read further on before I hit post... ok, nothing else shed any further light on the situation. I suppose I will just have to turn the Seek off when the birthing occurs next time I play this lot.

Ste

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 September 09, 20:32:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My teenage sim invited her boyfriend over and asked him to stay the night.  Every time he went to the bathroom to take a shower, he got kicked out.  He tried upstairs and downstairs bathrooms with the same results.  Finally I stepped in with Merola's mirror and told him to take a shower.  He did so, but otherwise, I am afraid he would have been bouncing in and out of the bathrooms all night.  Angry  Why won't the bathroom controller let overnight guest sims use the shower?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: