More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 17, 19:48:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  BURGLAR MORE CHALLENGING
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: BURGLAR MORE CHALLENGING  (Read 12074 times)
jfreddog
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
BURGLAR MORE CHALLENGING
« on: 2006 August 30, 01:44:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the burglar is just LAME!  Tongue If you have a allarm system it's just a way for you to get free money. I think it should be more challenging. Can someone make a mod to so we can have more interactions with him/her?

+ You will be able to attack the burglar and if you win, he runs away or the police comes and get him.

+ If the police arrives in your lot he/she has to fight the burlgar in order to get him/her arrested. So if the police wins the fight the
burglar is arrested, if not the burglar gets away.

+ You only get a reward if you actually helped in any way for the burglar to be arrested

+ All the fight should be compatible with the fightclub mod

+ If your needs are low and you loose the fight you could DIE!  Grin

+ The burglar is attracted to houses with more expensive things. (make the burglar come more often too, I almost don't see him anymore)

SO what do you guys think? It would be great and add much more challenge to the game. Can someone do it? PLEASE!  Cool

Only Illusion brings disillusion...
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Re: BURGLAR MORE CHALLENGING
« Reply #1 on: 2006 August 30, 02:19:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

+ If the police arrives in your lot he/she has to fight the burlgar in order to get him/her arrested. So if the police wins the fight the
This happens already, no?

After NL, I had a big weird streak of burglars getting away.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 August 30, 02:31:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, this is the way it works already.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
jfreddog
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 August 30, 02:42:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh I havent seen him for a loooooooooooong time. Never saw that happening. Can someone make him come more often? And the other things I mentioned too?

MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 August 30, 03:38:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't seen the burglar since university. The burglars don't seem to want to rob anyone in my hood.
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 August 30, 03:42:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only one I really agree with is to up the frequency.  I've only had 1 burglary since I installed Nightlife last Christmas.

All generalizations are false, including this one.
moonluck
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 August 30, 03:47:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think one of the reasons that the burglars are rare is that all sims on the lot must be asleep for him/her to come and I don't know about your guyses but my sims are night owls.
« Last Edit: 2006 August 30, 03:55:07 by moonluck » Logged

Or I could be totally wrong...
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 August 30, 03:49:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have noticed that burglars seem infrequent, but I just chalk it up th the fact that've been caught everywhere and probably spend time in jail between burglary attempts. Besides, I've never seen a burglar in real life, either. You'd have to be crazy to try to break into this place, you'd have better luck trying to raid Fort Knox.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 August 30, 03:54:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And how many times have you been abducted by aliens?

All generalizations are false, including this one.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 August 30, 04:00:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And how many times have you been abducted by aliens?
Never. Probably because that's something only surface-dwellers worry about. But really, you wouldn't have to worry about burglars either, if you simply installed a proper door. I am frankly at a loss for how a burglar is supposed to bypass a steel door that's barred from the inside, anyway. You'd need explosives or something to get through that, and frankly that's not something your typical burglar carries around with him. Then you just need a few steel-core bollards stationed around your property so people can't ram their way in with vehicles, and some decorative razor wire, and you're set. No one will even think about trying it. Those that do, well, let's just say that evolution doesn't favor them.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Maria
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 August 30, 06:45:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The police already fight with the burglar, don't they?  That Ramin Centowski drip always gets his ass kicked, but Demi Love seems to win most of the time and then she arrests him/her.  It would be nice if the homeowners could fight the burglar too though, rather than just standing there like idiots next to the open-mouthed police officer as the thief waltzes away.  Last time a house was broken into I removed the front and back doors and watched the policeman and the homeowners stare dully at Jessica Ebadi as she ran around the living room.  After about ten sim-minutes I used the Inge bush to delete her, then drooling Ramin wandered away confused.

I've noticed that if there's an alarm on the outside of the house the burglar doesn't seem to show up as often, if at all, but that might be a coincidence.
Annette
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 August 30, 07:10:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had one sim robbed at Uni, that Klara Vonderstein from the student housing group in La Fiesta Tech. Even though she has left uni, married Vidcund, raised his son and had her own, is almost an elder; she still obsesses about it! She sure knows how to carry a grudge  Cheesy
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 August 30, 08:49:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lately, it seems like the burglar is being tuned to rob the wealthy more often. I'll have to double-check that.  Huh

draranha
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 August 30, 11:31:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I hate burglars. And I'm not as lucky as you people because ALL my houses have been burgled, in all my neighbourhoods!
One of them has even stolen my poverty challenge sim and took the baby's potty and the doll-house. The baby's got traumatized and because of that he's got the permanent "want to see the burglar's ghost" wish which is quite annoying. And besides that, all the sims in the house totally hate the guy but, as time goes by, the hate turns into "friendship" cause relationship points keep increasing until 100/100. It' quite stupid indeed!
Surelyfunke
Bearded Bigamist
Querulous Quidnunc

Beard is yours for $2.50 at Rose Sims!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 August 30, 11:42:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you want some of my burglars then? I have all EPs plus FFS and every household in my 'hood has been burgled as least once.

I'd like to see the burglars win the fights more often though - I get Demi and Dorian over a lot and they can definitely kick some.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 August 30, 12:00:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I hate burglars. And I'm not as lucky as you people because ALL my houses have been burgled, in all my neighbourhoods!
One of them has even stolen my poverty challenge sim and took the baby's potty and the doll-house. The baby's got traumatized and because of that he's got the permanent "want to see the burglar's ghost" wish which is quite annoying. And besides that, all the sims in the house totally hate the guy but, as time goes by, the hate turns into "friendship" cause relationship points keep increasing until 100/100. It' quite stupid indeed!
Enemies Accumulate from the Director's Cut fixes the "free 100/100" effect. Because friends come and go, but enemies accumulate!

Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 August 30, 12:11:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My burglars win every single freaking time!

I think I have defective cops.
Marquis
mistymage
Lipless Loser

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2006 August 30, 12:49:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For those who are tired of the burglar getting away before the police can arrive:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=85481

and for those who *want* the burglar to come by more often.. go to his website and download his burglar painting... I've had them both for over a year and never had any problems using either of his objects. I really like only having 1 alarm to buy to cover both fire and thieves and it covers the whole lot.. not just the room it's in.

Now if only we had some daisy red ryders to shoot the burglars with.. and they could lay stunned with little Xs over their eyes.. and then get hauled off to jail! Cheesy

~misty

Gnohmon's sims 1 objects
"It's like that hobbit/dragon thing. You cut off one head and.. it's an exercise in futility." -Andy, Dawn of the dead remake, 2004 = trolls on MATY
jfreddog
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 August 31, 00:36:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Summoning the burglar won't do it for me. I just want they to come more often so the game is more challenging. And also be able to fight them! Wink

Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 August 31, 07:43:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Download Dizzy's Daily/Weekly Burglar Hack to get the burglar to come more often. I seem to remember there being a fight the burglar hack, but I can't remember where I saw it.

EDIT: The hack I was thinking of was for a completely different thing. Although, I suppose that Squinge might make a hack to allow you to fight the burglar if you request it...
« Last Edit: 2006 August 31, 07:53:49 by Venusy » Logged

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 August 31, 07:59:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Squinge is missing in action, apparently. Perhaps he was picked up by the INS for something.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 August 31, 08:28:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, for a non US citizen, what does INS stand for?

Google is a bit confused and has offered:
INS, Inertial Navigation System
INS, Immigration & Naturalization Service
INS is an acronym for ... * INput String, Integrated Network Server

Though mostly it seems to mean the immigration service.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 August 31, 09:13:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Interstellar Nullification Squad?

Squinge was atomized by aliens.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 August 31, 11:28:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hehe better atomised than probed I guess.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 August 31, 12:06:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, for a non US citizen, what does INS stand for?

INS, Immigration & Naturalization Service

Though mostly it seems to mean the immigration service.

Yup, that's what it means.  We Yanks never spell out a government agency that has a TLA. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: