More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 20, 12:28:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  I have a really messed up sim! How can I help her?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I have a really messed up sim! How can I help her?  (Read 12064 times)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
I have a really messed up sim! How can I help her?
« on: 2005 November 12, 00:29:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My romance sim, Liz Young, is truly messed up, and I think it's my fault.  I created her and Mick Young in CAS, and then created two kids.  I couldn't get the kids to belong to both of them, since they weren't married, so later on in the game, because I really wanted the kids to be siblings and know they were, I went into SimPE and messed around with the files.  Somehow, since then, Liz cannot use a toilet, have a bath or drive the car.  Most other things she can do, which is what makes it wierd.  I tried to check on her with Boolprop testing etc., and it inidicated an error, but when I tried to reset her, the dialogue box wouldn't go away, and in the end I had to close down the game from the desktop.  I tried moveing them to a new house, but that didn't work eithr.  Mick and the kids are fine, but something is wrong with Liz, and I can't work out what it is.

Any ideas, anyone?

Zephyr Zodiac
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
Re: I have a really messed up sim! How can I help her?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 12, 01:09:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Strange...what exactly did you "mess around with" in SimPe?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 12, 01:21:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, sorry, I got rid of the Woohoo with unknown etc. and substituted met Mick, fell in love with Mick, did woohoo with Mick, added had Jack Young - but I did the same things as I did with Mick, and also I altered family ties so their family trees would include both kids and both parents - but somehow along the way, I've lost Liz's Romance aspiration at initialization.  The only other thing that might have caused all this is that she had the Grilled Cheese Aspiration around the same time as she started to have this problem, and also a Townie (Nicole Almassizadeh) died on their lot (she was one evil simbitch!) and I thought she might have hexed the toilet or something, so after moving her to the cemetery I moved the family into Pleasantview, and the same thing is still happening.  I click on the toilet and tell her to use it, she goes to use it and jumps.  The saime with the bath.  She can wash her hands, but if she has a drink from the sink she jumps again.  She also mainly stands around waiting to be told what to do and I definitely haven't got freewill off!

(I've had the toilet jumping problem before, but moving house has always cured it!)

Zephyr Zodiac
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 12, 01:29:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know that some of the older versions of SimPE did't have family relations jive well with NL. I think from version .50a is the first one to jive well between NL and the Family RElations plugin....It might have been the version of SimPE that did it...?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 12, 01:57:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I'm still running the trial version 49. something, and this was the Classic version I used, not the new one, and as I said, the rest of the family are ok, it's just her!

What I did wonder was, what would happen if I replaced her with an earlier copy of herself?  I still have a couple of backups which might have a copy prior to this happening.

Zephyr Zodiac
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 12, 03:09:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you can safely replace her character file in your neighborhoods folder. I've had to do that before. As long as it's recent, it should be okay.

edited to remove the "i" that my cat typed in just before I hit send.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 12, 03:13:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will it send her back to the stage where she was when that file was created?

Zephyr Zodiac
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 November 12, 04:19:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I'm pretty sure it will.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 November 12, 04:29:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I found a SimPE back-up from a few days back, but nothing earlier, and I don't know now if this was before or after my original messing with the file, except that SimPE still shows what I did today, which is no help.  Anyway, I've swapped the files and I'll go load my game and see what happens!  Probably a bfbvfos!

Zephyr Zodiac
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 November 12, 12:04:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I've now tried just about everything I can think of.  I've used the oldest back-up of her that I can find, I reinstalled NL in case it was something to do with the installation, and she still won't use the loo or the shower!  I can only think it must have something to do with Nicole almassizadeh dying on her lot after repeatedly peeing herself!  She made the mistake of visiting and picking a fight almost as soon as she arrived with Liz's fiance Mick!  But I would have thought that Mick would have ben the one she'd have affected!  But the rest of the family have no problem with toilets or showers.

There is an error log a mile long on her, but since I don't understand the things, I haven't a clue as to what the error is!

Zephyr Zodiac
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 November 12, 18:21:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I've finally given up and moved the rest of the family out, since I couldn't move her.  I think I might try reloading the game and disabling custom content then putting her in a house by herself to see if that solves the problem.  I'd tried replacing all her clothes with Maxis ones just in case it was something she was wearing, and I also took all her make-up off!  No joy there, though!  I suppose, if I managed to learn how to clone, it might be possible to clone her, but I think the clone might get the error too, so I might just copy all her details that I can and make a CAS look-as-much-alike as I can remember!

Zephyr Zodiac
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 November 12, 21:08:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She sounds messed up, however all may not be lost.

I had the same problem with a stuck cell phone on a lot. The sim who was broken was non-autonomous while the rest were able to interact with her, she couldn't do much of anything. Long story short, I had to move them out a couple of times before the problem went away with her. First I moved them to an empty lot (no phones, nothing) saved that lot and moved them to a real home.

This may not work for you, but what the hell, that's my story.

Instant gratification takes too long.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 November 12, 21:29:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, I appreciate your interest in poor Liz!  However, I don't think there's ever been a cell-phone on the lot where she lived, or where sh's currently living!  Strange thing is, if I max her mood to platinum, she can use the Energizer, but even though she desperately wants to go to the loo, she just jumps as soon as she tries.  she can't drive a car or buy anything from the gypsy, but most other things she can do!  It's very odd.

I did reinstall NL in case the installation was at fault, but I forgot to reinstall the patch, so I'm going to try that, and maybe if something is broken it will be fixed!

Sad thing is, she's one of the most attractive sims I've ever made, and I really doubt I could make her again - I could no doubt put in the important memories, give her the right personality and interests, just by making a copy of her details first, but I can't remember which eyes I used for starters, and I would have problems recreating her face, so I just hope I can mend her!

Zephyr Zodiac
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 November 12, 22:04:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe delete her with move obejects on.  Exit/save the Lot and reload would work. It has worket by a Sim not able to clean his dishes after eating. I moved him to a new House tree times nothing had worked, delete him was my last try to solve his problem and it worked fine no problems since he could clean his dishes as before.
« Last Edit: 2005 November 12, 22:17:17 by Havelock » Logged
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 November 12, 22:13:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No problem. When I said cell phone, I meant to say 'phone'. I've just read that many people had problems with phones messing up the lots, particularly cell phones (pre-nightlife, University bug).

Alas, you've re-installed. Good luck with the new lives Tongue

Instant gratification takes too long.
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 November 12, 22:26:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For Cloning use simpes sim surgery there is a export sim function it works fine the exportet sim looks like the original without personallity. Load the CAS after that and recreate her. I have Clones of all my favorite Sims in in my Saved Sims .
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 November 13, 00:48:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hmm, have you tried Inge's teleporter shrub to bring her to another lot and see if she has the same problems? Move her in with a friend and go from there.

Probably not related, but visiting a home I hadn't played in months, the kids jumped when sent to study. I replaced the bookcase, but the new one was the same. I forced an error and though I don't understand error logs, it mentioned a nearby loveseat. Once I'd deleted it, all was fine. Darn loveseat.

In a nutshell:
Error: No bone on model corresponding to name in routing slot on destination object
Iterations: 56
  Frame 8:
    Stack Object id: 203
    Stack Object name: Sofa - Loveseat - Quaint (1,0)     

again, no interpretive skills for error logs, but this seemed to be the relevant part.

As mentioned, Sim Surgery is a fairly simple cloning method. It's pretty straightforward and from there, you could just put her in an empty lot, and use the clean copy to replace the other, or, get rid of the other one, and use Inge's shrub to move her in and adopt the kids. The memories won't be there, but the family ties will be.
Good luck

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 November 13, 01:05:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks everyone, but, in answer to your suggestions:

I have tried deleting her numerous times, saving the lot and re-entering, but no luck.  I've tried teleporting her and using the mind control mirror, again no joy.  When I Boolprop I get

Object id: 539
name: N001_User00134 - Liz
Stack size: 11
Error: Missing neighbor for data access.
Iterations: 782
  Frame 10:
    Stack Object id: 335
    Stack Object name: Driveway Extension - Concrete - 1, 6
    Node: 3
    Tree: id 1074 name 'Attraction - EP2 - Attraction Gender Preference Check' version -32741
    from global
    Prim state: 0
    Params: 335 513    Locals: 0 0 0 0 0
  Frame 9:
    Node: 1
    Tree: id 1067 name 'Attraction - EP2 - Attraction Capable?' version -32745
    from global
    Params: 335 513 1    Locals: 0
  Frame 8:
    Node: 32
    Tree: id 8204 name 'Idle - Attraction Idles' version -32746
    from IdleGlobals
    Params: 0    Locals: 86 0 25 0
  Frame 7:
    Stack Object id: 25
    Stack Object name: Idle - System
    Node: 19
  Tree: id 8196 name 'Idle - Animate - Idle Overlay' version -32720
    from IdleGlobals
    Params: 0    Locals: 0 0 0
  Frame 6:
    Tree: id 8197 name 'CT - Start Idle System' version -32707
    from IdleGlobals
    Params: 0 0 0    Locals: 0
  Frame 5:
    Node: 2
    Tree: id 625 name 'Idle System - Start (With Flags)' version -32756
    from global
    Prim state: 1
    Params: 0 0 0    Locals: 0
  Frame 4:
    Stack Object id: 539
    Stack Object name: N001_User00134 - Liz
    Node: 0
    Tree: id 354 name 'Idle System - Start' version 47
    from global
  Tree: id 354 name 'Idle System - Start' version 47
    from global
    Params:    Locals: 0
  Frame 3:
    Node: 3
    Tree: id 8562 name 'Function - Main - Do Idle Actions' version -32757
    from PersonGlobals
    Params:    Locals:
  Frame 2:
    Node: 12
    Tree: id 8283 name 'Function - Main - Loop' version 92
    from PersonGlobals
    Params: 5 20 1    Locals: 0
  Frame 1:
    Node: 6
    Tree: id 8193 name 'Function - Main' version 83
    from PersonGlobals
    Params:    Locals: 5 20
  Frame 0:
    Tree: id 4096 name 'Function - Main' version 2
    from TemplatePerson
    Params:    Locals:

I won't post the rest, there's a whole lot more, and this appears now as soon as I open Boolprop testing etc., even before I click on her, and the reset button just gets stuck in a groove.

I tried moving her to a new, empty lot, and this happened as soon as she got there, and the game froze and I had to close it in Windows Manager yet again!  My CPU was running almost at Maximum, and looked like a view of the Himalayas!

When I reinstalled NL, I didn't wipe my hood, I saved it on the desktop and replaced it.  I installed the patch over the hood.  Nothing worked.

I can do all the memory stuff by copying everything from her SimPE file and putting it into another sim, but I've never cloned a sim before, so I shall have to try that and see if I can do it - but if the error is in her dna, then I'll be back to square one!

Zephyr Zodiac
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 November 13, 02:12:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can she go to a community lot? If so can she use the bathroom there? Will she use the bathroom as a guest on another lot? Will she not use any toilet at all? Can she be forced into using the bathroom by being used via bathroom uses you?

Cloning her won't cause any problems. Sim DNA is not that complex, it's basically just hair, eye and skin color and facial structure. Doing so will make a completely new sim with the same physical appearance as her. You can cheat personality, skills and job levels to match what the original sim had. And you can rebuild relationships via SimPE or the Insiminator if you want.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 November 13, 03:04:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Motoki!  (Breathes sigh of relief!)  I feel better knowing you said it can be done! 

I have actually made the clone, who is now sitting in the family bin, but the hard part will be getting rid of the original Liz!  I have a feeling her file will be around on my PC for a while yet!

She can't use a car to go to a community lot, but I haven't tried teleporting her to one, nor have I tried calling a taxi, but she cannot "Find own place".  I just put her on an empty lot and gave her a phone, which she has no probs with (so it ain't the Jump Bug we knew so well!), she can't get an instant meal but she can cook anything within her ability and eat it.  she can use a public toilet (I just tried that) but still can't use a shower.  I tried the apartment sink from Inge's to see if she'd sponge bath, but she jumped again.  So I gave her a hot tub, and she had no problems with that.

Before I did this, I teleported her back to her family, and she had no difficulty with romantic interactions with Mick, but she couldn't propose marriage, and neither could he!  She was initially Romance (but that has disappeared from the memory list in SimPE), but after getting the grilled cheese aspiration which did appear, (my fault!) I returned her to Romance, and she got to keep the changed aspiration token.  Then, when everything went so wrong, I tried to change her aspiration again, in the hopes it might debug something, and changed her to popularity, which was fine, so it isn't the romance thing that's causing her to jump away from getting hitched!

I honestly think the whole problem was caused by Nicole Amassizadeh?? dying on their lot!

Anyway, I've listed all her details in SimPE except her relations, which are too numerous to try (virtually every comm lot I've been to in the past week or so has had her there interacting with other sims) so I'll just restore the family ones and let her (the clone) start all over again with friend-making.

If it had just been the loo and the shower, I think I'd have kept the original and used the needs painting, but her autonomous behaviour is extremely limited and I don't really like having messed up sims around as I think in the end they can mess up everything around them!

So, I shall go ahead with completing the clone - but keep the original in the back up for now!

Thanks again for your help, Motoki and everyone else who's given me ideas to try!

I do have one final question, though - can I change the clone's family number and guid to match the original or should I leave well alone there?
« Last Edit: 2005 November 13, 03:45:10 by ZephyrZodiac » Logged

Zephyr Zodiac
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 November 13, 04:12:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would leave well enough alone with the clone. There may be some settings in the neighborhood package itself tied to her character # or guid that are funky.

Regarding Nicole, can your resurrect her and send her back to the townie or npc bin or did you just delete the grave? If the latter, can you delete her character file entirely or did you do that already? I noticed you saying in other threads you've been using SimPE to delete characters but if you are using that version that had that ability Quaxi yanked it because Ancient Sim found it messed up all the sims DNA, not just that of the one deleted, and he couldn't figure out why.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 November 13, 14:36:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, Lord, I'm still using version 49 something -I've been too lazy to install the new one.  But I didn't delete Nicole, just moved her to the cemetery.  I can easily resurrect her.

It's lucky I really began this neighbourhood to experiment with NL, so I didn't create many of my own sims.  And I do have a non-simPE backup, but not long enough ago to provide a non-messed up Liz!  Oh, well, I'll put her clone in the game and carry on to see what happens, and if I get a bfbvfsm well, I've about four other Pleasantviews I can return to!   Not to mention a Strangetown or two and a custom neighborhood!

But I might clone the sims from this game that I like, so I can recreate them.  (I often spend quite a long time geting their faces just right, so I might keep the results!)

Thanks for the advice, and I'll definitely leave well alone with the numbers.  Still, unlike humans, if I tell the others in the family that she belongs, they'll just accept her!

Zephyr Zodiac
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 November 13, 14:53:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But I didn't delete Nicole, just moved her to the cemetery

I've heard a lot about putting stuff in the inventory and moving it to other lots causing issues too. I know the patch was supposed to fix some issues with moving tombstones, but sounds like the whole inventory thing in general is kind of buggy, but who knows if that actually had something to do with it.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 November 13, 15:15:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it might be so, but I think she was already haveing problems while Nicole was still dying!  I think it maybe has more to do with the furious thing - Nicole is obviously gay, took a liking to Liz and resented the fact that she had a fiance and two kids - she was nasty to the kids too!  So maybe, when she was dying, she tried to take Liz with her?

But I agree, the inventory is buggy, but it seems to work fine between Pleasantview and Uni - Lilith took a load of stuff with her to college, and it all, plus Lilith, arrived safely.  I think the bug is between Downtown and Pleasantview.  I think it has something to do with cars as well, someone reported a problem reusing downtown lots and carpools not turning up - we narrowed it down, and I came up with the idea that lots that had had a car might be the cause.  And it turned out, in every case where the problem happened, there'd been a car.  so I think, if you move out a whole family, you need to sell the car first.  (Not try to take it with you, just sell it!)

Zephyr Zodiac
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 November 13, 17:19:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I moved a few sims from my hood to Dt without any problem. There was  no car involved and they had very few items.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: