More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 09, 04:01:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Game messed up..sims "jumping"
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Game messed up..sims "jumping"  (Read 5661 times)
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
Game messed up..sims "jumping"
« on: 2005 November 13, 07:34:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ack..should have known I was having too good of a run w/ nothing going wrong.

Here is the run down of what I did..

I moved one of my families into a new house.  Before they moved I put a lot of their belongings in their inventory. Blah blah..moved them..built them a new house..placed their old belongings as well as new.  All was well.

They were on their new lot about 5 minutes.  The little message "some neighbors have come to welcome you the neighborhood" or whatever it is.

One of my sims "jumped" when this message came up.  Only one neighbor arrived.  I sent her to greet him, which she did but immediatly jumped again.  She then just stood there.  When I directed her to do something she would do it but then she would just stand there again.  Free will is on, but she would do nothing on her own.

Her husband then arrived home from work in the helicopter although he has a car assigned to him and he took his car to work.  His car some how magically reappeared in the driveway.

He then started jumping as well..would respond to what I told him to do, but nothing else.

I got a message that his b-day was 2 days away.  I then sent him to the elixer of life b/c I don't want him to age just yet.  He drank it...and now has permanant blue bubbles and a glow around him like the blue glow got stuck.

Husband & wife were about starving and they wouldn't feed themselves.  I instructed the husband to cook something.  He put it in the oven..jumped and proceeded to let it burn as cooking had dropped from his que.  I then decided that I had enough and exited the game.

The last thing I put in was the censor remover...so I'm going to take that out and see if it fixes the problem.

Other than that I'm clueless.

Other than that I just have the hacks I've been playing with for quite a while with no problems:

Insiminator v2.1
TJ's Casual Romance mod
No Trash Can Kicking
TJ's Formal wedding

That's it.

Any help would be appreciated.  Removing censor hack right now though and restarting.
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
Re: Game messed up..sims "jumping"
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 13, 07:40:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a jumping problem too and it about drove me bats before I got it sorted!  The great news is, it isn't caused by hacks, but it is caused by an inventory bug.

It was as if I had turned free will off.  They wouldn't do anything on their own.  Also, whenever they tried to use a toilet they'd maybe get halfway through, then jump off.  It was bizarre.

In my case I had moved about a half-dozen custom paintings with the family.  I had to sell off almost all of them.  Luckily, the one they could keep was a family painting.  Once I had sold the paintings, everything righted itself.

Christianlov
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 13, 07:48:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can't find what is the problem just by listing items you have. You had better play the game in debug mode by typing boolprop~ and see if sims are making object errors.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 13, 08:04:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Misty...that sounds like maybe it could be it...that's why I included the info about using inventory.

Put it in debug mode..getting a crap load of errors.  Reset does nothing.  Delete is deleting characters themselves.  Exited w/o saving.

I have the error logs..don't understand them

They are all saying attribute number out of range.

Maybe I should just try moving them all..and selling all their crap.

skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 13, 08:20:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Salvaged career rewards.  Removed everything from inventories, left it in the house and moved my beloved sims out..selling it all.  Moved them back in.

Problem solved.  No errors, everybody is acting normally.  Clearly an inventory problem of some sort.

I really crammed a lot of stuff into the inventories before I moved them...maybe it can't handle that much?  Not sure..first time I've dealt with this.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 13, 13:14:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So much about NL seems to be buggy. The sectionals, the pool lights, the inventory. I've even had issues with the damned cars when they were regular Maxis ones and I had no hacks effecting them. I once had them continue to try to force my Pleasure sim who had a want to stay home from work to go. Everytime I cancelled the go to work that got auto put in his queue, 5 seconds later the game would put it back. Tongue

Anyway, I'm glad you figured it out.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Wolfee
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 13, 23:35:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having similar problems. All my sims just stand there as if I have free will off.  They also seem to jump while doing nothing. Using the boolprop debug mode cheat I found out the errors were coming from the Sim characters. I then went to other familys and they were all acting that way too and recieved similars error messages for each of them.

I have many hacks in my games so I'll see if that helps if I remove them.

I'm having a few other problems with my game as well
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 November 13, 23:38:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wolfee: If you have Pescado's Less Whiny it's known to cause the exact problem you described and is not compatible with NL. Crammyboy posted an updated version of it for NL in one of the threads around here but it's probably buried now and I don't off hand recall which one. Sad Inge also made a similar hack that makes the sims whine far less about needs and does work with NL.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
resin
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 November 14, 01:01:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps I should start a new topic, but do you all have advice first?

I have the exact same "jumping" problem in my game. Nightlife is brand-new for me as of Saturday. I have nothing at all in Sims' inventories except the complimentary ReNuYu drink. It seems that the gypsy woman's "welcome to Nightlife" visit is what causes the problem: I go into the lot and all is well, she shows up, and if a sim talks to her she hangs around and everything starts going to jumping hell (she becomes unclickable as well).

I tried re-installing, I tried moving families out then in, no dice. Am I screwed? Should I not talk to the gypsy??
I've been through the hacks list and have removed all conflicting/old/testing hacks, leaving ONLY the approved hacks (coffecup, collegeadjuster, etc.).

While I'm at it, I have two other bugs that I thought MIGHT be fixed by NL but no luck. This is almost certainly a new topic, but I'll try with you all first:
1) A Uni sim is unable to advance in his grade for the semester even though he meets the skill requirements (the "empty" bubbles still show up in his skill even though the level he has is WAY past the bubble). Currently he is stuck at about a D level, and the college adjuster helps not at all.
2) A regular sim has become infertile. She is married and well before Elder stage. "Try for Baby" does not show up as an option and she never shows pregnant either.

Thanks for your help. I love this site (having abandoned the regular BBS a long time ago due to rampant moronosity). Now that TwoJeffs is here, all of my hack and fix needs are in one place. Lovely, no?
Wolfee
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 November 14, 02:01:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wolfee: If you have Pescado's Less Whiny it's known to cause the exact problem you described and is not compatible with NL. Crammyboy posted an updated version of it for NL in one of the threads around here but it's probably buried now and I don't off hand recall which one. Sad Inge also made a similar hack that makes the sims whine far less about needs and does work with NL.

Thank you so much! You fixed it! I'm so happy!
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 November 14, 04:08:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2) A regular sim has become infertile. She is married and well before Elder stage. "Try for Baby" does not show up as an option and she never shows pregnant either.

I had this happen a couple of times.  The first was Dina Caliente, who I'd married to Beau Broke.  I made the mistake of having her drink the Elixer of life after she got pg, not even remembering that she WAS pg.  Couldn't get the "Try for Baby" option and she never showed up pregnant, either.  Had to have her move out, and onto another lot.  She showed up on the lot pg and gave birth right away.  I then moved her back home.

The other time was when I made the mistake of using a UNI lot in the regular hood.  Uni lots evidently have the aging off to allow the students to live there without aging.  I moved the family out and into a regular house and the pregnancy went on as normal, as it she had just gotten pg the day she moved in.

Things you learn by doing, I guess!  Tongue

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
greeneyedsims
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 November 14, 04:47:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In a previous installation, this happened to me as well.  My Sim went to Uni and made friends with the gypsy while there.  I decided to move her into a house downtown after graduation.  Things were ok for about 10 minutes of playing time.  Her friend, the gypsy, called her on the phone...(I was testing the phone hack) and she teleported there when she hung up the phone...three Sim seconds later, another gypsy that comes when a new Sim moves in, showed up...next thing I know, I was unable to interact with my Sim....first her plumbob disappeared, and then she would just stand around like you guys said, like free will was turned off.

I deleted her and her lot. End of story.  I didn't have any problems in my regular neighborhood, but since then, I've bought a new computer, and started over with everything.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 November 14, 04:51:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This was my first "bug" in NL that actually came from the game itself and not conflicting hacks that just didn't work with the new EP...so I guess in that respect, I've been pretty darn lucky.   

For future reference it *might* not be a good idea to shove like 50 things into a sims inventory Wink

Resin..wish I could help for sure but these are the only things I can think of:

Remove all your hacks just for testing.  I know you said that you left in only the approved ones but at the same time it might be wise just to remove them all and see if it corrects any of the problems.  (Just move them out of the downloads folder into another folder on your desktop or something..you can easily stick them back in then)

2nd..have you downloaded the patches for Uni and NL yet? 

resin
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 November 15, 22:37:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for the help. It seemed that I missed a hack conflict somewhere. I think it was JM's romancemod. TwoJeffs' Casual Romance was fine, but I think that JM's either no longer works or it now conflicts with Casual Romance (where it did not before).

As for my infertile (or possibly stuck early pregnant) sim, moving her out and into another lot had no effect. Oh well.

My college student WAS fixed by moving out, but as soon as I moved him back with his roommates, he had the same problem all over again. I just moved him out for good to fix him.

Thanks so much for your help!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: