More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 09, 12:40:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  I have a really messed up sim! How can I help her?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I have a really messed up sim! How can I help her?  (Read 12018 times)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: I have a really messed up sim! How can I help her?
« Reply #25 on: 2005 November 13, 17:23:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's having the car and trying to move a lot of stuff that causes the problem, and I only moved sims from DT to Pleasantview, not the other way around.  I think it's moving FROM downtown that's the big problem.  But leaving cars on lots seems to screw things up, and it's best to sell the car before you move your family out.

If I move the clone in and change her memories, do I have to do the same for the rest of the family?  Or will the original memories work.
« Last Edit: 2005 November 14, 13:35:09 by ZephyrZodiac » Logged

Zephyr Zodiac
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 November 14, 18:02:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know what happens if you create another Sim with the same name, but I can only assume the old memories will not work if the old Sim is still in the game.
I would either go through the family's memories and replace Nicole 1 with Nicole2, or use Carrigon's memory bottle to wipe the entire family's memory and start afresh.

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 November 14, 19:43:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I hope they don't remember Nicole!  (She's the one who died, LOL)  their mother is Liz, and at present I'm trying something else before finally giving up on the original.  If I have to, I'll just wipe the memories I don't want myself, that way if they have friends they'll keep them as I shouldn't need to get rid of those memories at all.

Zephyr Zodiac
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2005 November 15, 02:56:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You really need to talk to dizzy & Crammyboy, because they understand those error logs. To me, it sounds like Liz is having her own personal jump bug (Error: Missing neighbor for data access. = jump bug) while getting stuck on the driveway - probably related to that "Watch Out!" interaction. This could be linked with her whole inability to use cars thing.

PM them & ask them to take a look at the log? Worth a shot. They can always say "no, go away, too busy" and you'll only be in the same place that you are now Smiley.

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 November 15, 20:06:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Too late, I've ditched them!  they were getting far too big!  Actually, I think the whole thing was a)linked to SimPE problems, and b) to Nicole!

I moved her house into the bin, hoping she would generate a clone of herself - which she eventually did.  (I know it's not what one should do, but this neighbourhood is an experimental one, and I do want to see what can actually be done.) However, when I moved the house back, it took absolutely forever to load, and I had to close the game from Windows Manager.   The next time, the house loaded, but her want slots wouldn't stop spinning, so had to close again.  The third attempt, and the house finally loaded, but she still had almost no autonomy, and couldn't use the bath or the toilet.

Then, I took a quick look in simPE (which turned into a very long look)  and found the following:-

All her relationships had gone, EXCEPT she still knew Nicole Amassizadeh!  Then I discovered that there was a clone of every sim she'd ever met ( only a few kbs each, but added up to quite a lot!) and had to copy down every single number so I could delete them.  Anyway, this definitely explains why the house was reluctant to load.

Then, after I'd done all I could, I just deleted her and now I shall just hope that the clone I made of her can take her place somehow!  I knew, of course, that this kind of thing happens when you put occupied houses into the bin, but I did hope they'd fixed it, and now I know they definitely didn't!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: