Community Time Project v0.4a/v0.5a Pets/Seasons/0.6 FT TEST ONLY

(1/34) > >>

crammyboy:
WARNING:    This is preliminary code for testing only.
                               Do NOT install if you are unsure.
                               This code is for PETS/Seasons/FT.
                                Use with any other code may result in BFBVFS and LOTS of pointing and laughing.

Description
This code will enable the passing of time on community lots to be spent on the home lot.

Aims
It is called a project, because it will ultimately have numerous hacks which combined will enhance the community experience.
The aim of the project is to create an environment where the time spent on community lots is incorporated into the home lot.  This will make the community experience harder and more realistic.

How it works
One or more sims go to a community lot.
Sims wander around the lot doing stuff.
Sims leave the lot to go home at date/time XXX
Home lot is loaded.
Home lot progresses normally but the sims are shown as away at a community lot. (In much the same way as 'At Work')
Date/time xxx is reached and sims return to the lot.

Notes:
1. Sims will not age on community lots but they will age when they return to the home lot. (even though they will be off-world).
2. If they stay on the community lot when they should be at work/school, they will miss the carpool/bus on the home lot and be penalised.
3. Community lots can not be saved unless they are owned business lots for that sim family.
4. Motives are set to what they left the community lot with, but are made static while off-world.
5. Only drivable cars are affected in v0.4a. (Requires NL).
    Taxis are affected in v0.5 up.
6. Sims that remain on the home lot will not be able to visit community lots, by any means, until the car returns to the lot. (This will not be the case in the future)
7. Is prevented from working on UNI lots because the time will pass TWICE. (I am looking into this)

Rules for testing
1. Make backups of the game BEFORE installing the hack.  Tokens are added to sims with this hack that will be saved in backups.
2. Ensure 'BOOLPROP TestingCheatsEnabled true' is in the userstartup.cheat file.  The code runs close to lot transitions and log files are needed.
3. Error reports will require detailed information and relevant error logs.

Basic error information
Nature of problem (Error log/Inconsistency/..)
time leaving home lot.
number of sims from home lot.
number of other lots visited.
times that each lot arrive/depart and who drives.
Nature of each lot visited. (i.e. downtown maxis)
Any other information of an unusual nature.

Involvement
Anybody can supply/create code for the project.  Links to any relevant code can be placed into the documentation or the code can be uploaded here.

Disclaimer
If your game ends up in a BFBVFS, it's not my problem.

Version history
0.6 BV updates
0.5a Cleanup of wait code.
0.5 Added support for Taxis.
0.4a Fixes motive decay for petz

maxon:
DL - I will test this out just as soon as the blasted EP arrives (tomorrow I hope).

Inge:
> If they stay on the community lot when they should be at work/school, they will miss the carpool/bus on the home lot and be penalised.

I should think so too!  Brilliant, thanks very much for this :)

Li'l Brudder:
* Lil Brudder prods lightly with a large stick.

I'll try it.

rosenshyne:
6. Sims that remain on the home lot will not be able to visit community lots, by any means, until the car returns to the lot. (This will not be the case in the future)

Does this include carpools for work?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page