More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 14, 00:32:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Has anyone using Crammyboy's mesh gotten this error?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Has anyone using Crammyboy's mesh gotten this error?  (Read 11060 times)
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Has anyone using Crammyboy's mesh gotten this error?
« on: 2006 February 13, 22:10:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I posted this at MTS2, but I haven't gotten a response yet.  I know several people here use Crammyboy's penis mesh, and so I thought I'd post it over here where I'm likely to get more intelligent responses.  I'm just going to paste my message here that I posted on MTS2.  I sure would like to get this fixed because I like this mesh better than any others I've tried, but this is really weird!  I can't be the only one with this.  I'm not sure what would happen if I weren't running in debug mode. 

Here's the message:

Has anyone had a problem with this mod when sims die? I was doing some testing, and I had a sim die of old age. I got an error about the Cock controller, and clicking reset did not fix it, it kept popping back up. I had to choose "delete." Only problem then is that my male sims on the lot no longer had their penises. I tried this on a test lot, and this time it was a female sim, but I got the same error. The male sim that was naked at the time did not lose his penis, but it still showed when he got dressed. I did not save changes in either case, but I have some error logs I can show you. I think they are all the same. It seems that the error is with the Hula Dancers. Here is the first part:

Build: 1.2.0.337
at Sep 30 2005,18:18:13

Object id: 1125
name: Controller - Cock
Stack size: 3
Error: Undefined Transition.
Iterations: 77
Frame 2:
Stack Object id: 13
Stack Object name: NPC - Hula Dancer
Node: 0
Tree: id 4115 name 'Cock Token - Get Item' version -32759
from CBOY_cock_controller
Prim state: 0
Params: 8 6 Locals: 0 0
Frame 1:
Node: 1
Tree: id 4104 name 'Cock - Check' version -32748
Params: Locals: 0 0
Frame 0:
Node: 3
Tree: id 4097 name 'Function - Main' version -32755
Params: Locals: 0 0 0

[attachment deleted by admin]
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: Has anyone using Crammyboy's mesh gotten this error?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 February 13, 22:56:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got an error but I am not sure of the error message now as it was awhile ago now. when I was playing strangetown when the old girl in the specter house died I did posted the error message there at modthesims2 but got no response either. I have not had it since though.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 February 14, 05:41:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At first glance it looks like the cock controller is trying to verify the NID of the NPC Hula Dancer. I'm not sure... but I thought that the NPC Hula Dancer is/are supposed to female? Huh Well... over here in frame 1:

Frame 1:
    Node: 1
    Tree: id 4104 name 'Cock - Check' version -32748
    Params:    Locals: 0 0

it is running the BHAV called 'Cock - Check' and the first line is:

[prim 0x0002] Expression (Stack Object's person data 0x0041 (Gender(0=male/1=female)) == Literal 0x0000)

So... it should ONLY continue for males. Is this NPC - Hula Dancer a male? If not, then the person data/setting for the Hula Dancer is wrong. Which wouldn't be the hacks fault, because one would think it should be "normal" then to expect that the Hula Dancer is female (assuming they are all female of course). If they are NOT all female, and it IS possible for a Hula Dancer to be male (I have only ever seen female Hula Dancers, and only in pictures, I have yet to see them show up in my game as I haven't had any real deaths and/or ressurections; heck, I don't even know what circumstances summons the Hula Dancer(s)) then it is a different issue.

In the top most frame:

Frame 2:
    Node: 0
    Tree: id 4115 name 'Cock Token - Get Item' version -32759
    Params: 8 6    Locals: 0 0

The BHAV 'Cock Token - Get Item' is failing because it NID that is passed doesn't verified properly. This is probably because it is an NPC.

Anyways, Crammyboy would know better. I guess, if you could find out which NPC Hula Dancer this is, and maybe check in SimPE if the gender is female or male and report back.

The reason why it continues to happen is, while the NPC is on the lot, the cock controller will keep checking  and running those lines over and over. Even if you reset, it will just run again, and fail again, causing the error/exception to be thrown and the error log dialog box to pop up. Choosing delete stops it because you are deleting the object (in this case the cock controller) which is running the code to check if a sim should have a cock.

As far as I can tell, with my limited understanding, the error lies in either the gender or the NID. I think Pescado has mentioned that some Sims NIDs and other data might be screwed up. Probably like how Maxis pre-made sims tend to be screwy, either missing data or containing wrong data. *shrugs*

Ste

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 February 14, 06:46:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Hula Zombie is classed as male in SimPE.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 February 14, 06:59:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Hula Zombie is classed as male in SimPE.

Am I mistaken then? Of The pictures I've seen, the NPC Hula Dancer (Zombie? I didn't know that...) looked like a female.

So is the Hula Dancer supposed to actually be male? or is that a mistake? Or did I just assume incorrectly that the Hula Dancer was supposed to be female just because it wore a hula skirt. In that case, shame of me for stereotyping gender based on appearance.

* syberspunk mea culpas. Grin

Ste

Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 February 14, 07:27:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh it's female in appearance. Just internally it's classified as male.

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 February 14, 08:35:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So it seems that the solution would be to 'fix' the hula dancers in PE to make them the females they appear to be (why did Maxis make the grim reaper female and the hula dancers male anyway?)

99% of my Sims die of old age in platinum (Hula circumstances) and I've only seen what appeared to be female dancers.

and I'm sure you know this already Rainbow, but clicking on your Sim's 'part' will give you the option to hide it when he's dressed...

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 February 14, 08:44:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use Crammyboy's cock mod. Old Mortimer Goth recently shuffled off the mortal coil, gender confused hula dancers included, no errors with the cock mod. Mortimer died about four times in the end so I could get him platinum, no errors at any time.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 February 14, 08:45:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

and I'm sure you know this already Rainbow, but clicking on your Sim's 'part' will give you the option to hide it when he's dressed...
I don't want to be clicking on someone's parts! That's nasty!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 February 14, 10:29:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So it seems that the solution would be to 'fix' the hula dancers in PE to make them the females they appear to be (why did Maxis make the grim reaper female and the hula dancers male anyway?)

My Grim Reapers are always male.

The hulas are always male, and I fix this to female. I also assign aspirations to the Reaper, Hula Transvestite, Polly Tech, to get rid of some of the (harmless) error in the logs. I set them to 'Cheese' because I /can/. The only aspiration-less NPC I don't know how to fix is the remote control car.

I also make Santa fat, and Father Time thin.

Back on topic... I don't use cboy's mesh (I use the altered file by Duddly which just changes the geometry of the part in question and thus doesn't conflict) so I don't know if it crashes and burns on females classified as male (hula), but this is likely from what I can tell from the file.
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 February 14, 10:35:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't want to be clicking on someone's parts! That's nasty!

I'm sure you don't, but I never imagined you would add something like this to your game anyway. Most people who add them to their games don't mind playing with them a bit. Cheesy

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 February 14, 13:41:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh it's female in appearance. Just internally it's classified as male.

So the Hula Girls are cross-dressing Hula Men.  Excellent - this game just gets better and better.

Inteen for AL, yay!
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 February 14, 15:00:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I know that, but the problem was that after deleting the controller, this no longer worked.

LOL @ JM.  I wouldn't imagine JM adding this to his game either, Zeljka!  Wink

I will try checking in SimPE and changing the Hula girl to female.  My Grim Reapers have always been male though.  I checked when I saw people saying the GR was female.  This happened both in Pleasantview and my Testing Grounds neighborhoods, though. 

Thanks for the responses, everyone.  Smiley
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 February 14, 17:44:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the Grim Reaper female. She reminds me of Death from Neil Gaiman's Sandman graphic novels. I think she should be a beautiful dark-haired woman who wears a top hat and an ankh. One of these days when I get a round tuit I'm gonna set her up like that.

Unsouper
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 February 14, 23:06:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And your game will explode in a BFBVFS, covering you with shards of glass.  The end of Sagana.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 February 14, 23:14:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wasn't discussing killing her :p The Endless are... well, endless.

Haven't quite worked out how to make her take a holiday once a millenium tho.

Unsouper
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 February 15, 07:17:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, WOW, I would love to see the Grim Reaper as Neil Gaiman's death.

And, okay, I am completely clueless. Where is the cock hack? I have been googling and searching this site, and I can't find anything. Thanks!

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 February 15, 08:21:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would like to thank you all for your help.  I changed the Hula Zombie to female in SimPE, and no more errors!  Yay!  Thanks again!
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 February 15, 08:24:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And, okay, I am completely clueless. Where is the cock hack? I have been googling and searching this site, and I can't find anything. Thanks!
It's at MTS2.  Crammyboy hasn't posted it here yet.  Here's the link:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=65376
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2006 February 15, 19:33:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had this error as well, but I didn't notice if it was referring to the Hula Dancers.  I've never noticed that they were male, I'll have to take a look.  Yet another mistake on Maxis' part, I'd say.  The further into this game we get, the more mistakes we find.  It was definitely released too soon - let's hope they put more effort into TS3, considering the chances are we'll all have to spend a fortune on new hardware to run it.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 February 15, 19:37:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, Rainbow! I didn't think they'd have something like this at MTS2.

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 February 15, 19:50:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, Rainbow! I didn't think they'd have something like this at MTS2.
It's in the Adult section.  MTS2 is where most creators start out until they branch out on their own.  Pescado started there, then moved to Eviltone's forum, then Variousimmers, then here.  Crammyboy still has a lot of stuff there, which was the only place you could get his stuff until recently when Pescado offered him a spot here.  He's moved all his hacks here now, I think, but this mesh is still only on MTS2 for whatever reason.
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 February 15, 20:55:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aha, that explains a lot! I could not get access through your link. I looked at all of Crammyboy's stuff and it wasn't there. I suppose I will have to get permission when the site is back up.

Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 February 15, 21:11:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aha, that explains a lot! I could not get access through your link. I looked at all of Crammyboy's stuff and it wasn't there. I suppose I will have to get permission when the site is back up.

You need to be a member and need to check the box that you want to veiw the adult section there
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 February 15, 21:37:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You need to be a member and need to check the box that you want to veiw the adult section there
Oh yeah, I forgot about that.  Grin  It's been so long.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: