More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 13, 21:21:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Default eye replacements
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Default eye replacements  (Read 28458 times)
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
Re: Default eye replacements
« Reply #50 on: 2006 February 11, 02:06:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm going to have to go through my downloads folder to pick out my colors. I thought about that, anyway. I've turned 3 of helaene's sets into defaults, and tried the gunmod ones, and they all looked horrible on my sims, like their eyes had been bruised.

I tried the ones by Halaene that GunMod made into defaults and found the whites were too dark (as if they were bruised like you said) and most of the custom eyeliner/lashes I have, looked horrible (black eyes) with them, even when the eyeliner/lashes weren't "heavily applied" (even the eyeshadow didn't look right) and the color of the eyes themselves sort of got lost in the darkness of the whites  Undecided   
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: 2006 February 11, 04:06:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Boy lots of good stuff here. I downloaded some other defaults recommended here which I'll try soon. When I get the time I may end up converting some eyes into defaults on my own. Thanks for the tutorial on how to make defaults, very cool.

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2006 February 11, 05:06:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just made YET ANOTHER set into defaults ( I can't believe how easy it is!) and I'm still not happy. There's a weird line you can see when they open their eyes wide. And they looked so purty in the pics, too. 

I'll never find that "perfect" set.   Undecided

Back to the contacts, again...
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2006 February 11, 05:50:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the problem with downloading eyes is that you always get screen shots of either eyeballs, or a Sim staring straight ahead.

That would be great if that's what you needed, but what would be really handy would be screenshots of Sims using them with a few of their funny 'extreme' expressions. That way, people who like me who'd prefer no shading around the eyes can skip them, heh heh

The only 'real' eyes I didn't mind were Barcelonista's, the shading is there, but it's not black, more of a pale pinkish 'barely there' colour that looks ok so far.

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2006 February 11, 06:43:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why do Barcelonista's eyes look good in everyone else's game and horrible on my sims? Why??? Whine whine whine...

I just made ANOTHER set of replacement defaults from some eyes I found at TSR. No shading, nothing fancy, but maybe that's all my sims will accept. I wouldn't care if almost the entire Bayfield family didn't have the dark blue maxis eyes.  That's about a billion sims right there. Angry
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2006 February 11, 07:32:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A billion?  Are you sure??   Grin
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: 2006 February 11, 07:48:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I must be very, very bad.  Syera brought me her replacement eyes one day and told me to try them out.  I said, "Okay," and put them in my game and truly I've never noticed the difference!  (Now she'll probably brain me when she reads this tomorrow!)

At any rate, I think almost everything she does is great.  She's very creative and talented--unlike me.  Tongue

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2006 February 11, 08:09:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Brynne:  Lyran has default replacement eyes now that are exactly the same as her contacts.  I have been using them for a while, I'm not sure how long.  Have you tried them?  I thought I'd let you know before you tried making them yourself.
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2006 February 11, 14:56:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why do Barcelonista's eyes look good in everyone else's game and horrible on my sims? Why??? Whine whine whine...

I just made ANOTHER set of replacement defaults from some eyes I found at TSR. No shading, nothing fancy, but maybe that's all my sims will accept. I wouldn't care if almost the entire Bayfield family didn't have the dark blue maxis eyes.  That's about a billion sims right there. Angry

There is no law that says default blue eyes must be replaced with a blue eye texture. Go wild, make them violet, indigo, whatever you want.
Syera
Exasperating Eyesore

A well-stocked toolkit can fix anything...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: 2006 February 11, 16:25:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I must be very, very bad.  Syera brought me her replacement eyes one day and told me to try them out.  I said, "Okay," and put them in my game and truly I've never noticed the difference!  (Now she'll probably brain me when she reads this tomorrow!)

At any rate, I think almost everything she does is great.  She's very creative and talented--unlike me.  Tongue

This is the difference.

The BogSims Institute - We've been updating these days...
Melodic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2006 February 11, 17:55:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Coming out of lurkerdom just because my favorite eyes haven't been mentioned yet.  I think that Vaygirl's eyes over TSR (I know...evil paysite) are the best eyes for sims.  I keep downloading but of everything I've downloaded hers are the only ones that don't look weird from any angle. 

I don't have a subscription there anymore so I don't have all her newest eyes but I was just there today and I saw that she had made a shadow overlay to make them more realistic for those who think they're too cartoony. 

They're not default replacement but since the directions on how to make them default have been posted several times I think I'll just slink back to the shadows...carry on. 
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2006 February 11, 21:30:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Brynne:  Lyran has default replacement eyes now that are exactly the same as her contacts.  I have been using them for a while, I'm not sure how long.  Have you tried them?  I thought I'd let you know before you tried making them yourself.

Yes, I mentioned earlier I have those, too. My problem with those, and the contacts, is that the shadow looks weird when they open their eyes wide. In their normal expressions, they look great. I found some on TSR that are pretty nice that I made into defaults, they're by...ugh. Damn if I can remember. But they have a bunch of hues in each color category to choose from. If you don't mind the white part, which kinda bugs me, they're really nice. If I remember the name, I'll post it.  Tongue

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2006 February 12, 00:35:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, I guess I was confused.  I hadn't noticed the shadow you mention on mine, but maybe I'm used to it.  I tried the ones from Laverwinkle sims, and they just didn't seem natural to me.  Like someone else mentioned, they were too bright.  You could see what color the sims eyes were from way across the room!  I don't mean to bash Dylan's work, because they looked great on the site.  I just didn't care for them myself, although I do LOVE his alien skin and eyes replacements.  So I put Lyran's eyes back in.  I hadn't realized I was using hers until I went to check her site and realized they were the ones I was already using!   Shocked
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2006 February 12, 00:56:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's funny, I hadn't noticed the shadows until someone else pointed them out. Now it drives me nuts!
I've made another (this will be my 6th I think) set of eyes, all off of Janna's eyes from Sims Connection. Many of my sims already have them, so I know I like those. I don't know why I didn't think of it before.  Tongue
Anyway, about to restart the game and see if they work.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2006 February 12, 18:12:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

making your own defaults is addictive  Cheesy

So Brynne, how did it go?
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2006 February 12, 21:11:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, Sleepycat, I haven't posted in a while because I've actually been playing the gameGrin
I'm very happy with the last set I did using Janna's eye colors.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2006 February 12, 21:50:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thats great news Brynne! about both - playing the game and the eye colors *laughs*

It's always more fun to play when your happy with how your sims look  Cheesy 
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2006 February 13, 00:14:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have pics of the other colors, yet, but here are my new default brown eyes and dark blue eyes (courtesy of Janna from Sims Connection, of course). I'm not crazy about the so-called "realistic" look, so this look suits me just fine.

« Last Edit: 2006 February 13, 00:25:04 by Brynne » Logged
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2006 February 13, 00:17:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nice! both the eyes and the guys  Wink
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2006 February 13, 00:25:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks! Those are two of my sim self's sons.  Smiley
Baronetess
TaWanda
Nitwitted Nuisance

stolen from obsessiveicons@livejournal

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2006 February 13, 02:15:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

aieee...so I went on another downloading spree, as if 166 eye colors was NOT enoughalready!
 Anyway I came across a nice little tutorial for making your own eyes from photo images. The only part of the eye it replaces is the iris, so no having to worry about the shadowing that some people don't like.
  It looks really simple, even to me ( and I'm still trying to figure ot how to recolour clothing!) The link in case anybody wants it is  http://www.iamaphex.net/nicole/BasicEyeTutorial.html. I'm bookmarking it for a time when I have a little bit better grip on photoshop Tongue
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2006 February 13, 02:19:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oooh, that is so bookmarked, TaWanda!
qb
« Reply #72 on: 2006 May 02, 11:48:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just found seomi's site.... and I have to say, I fell in love with her eyes...
actually, I had found those earlier, however, I couldn't download because I was at my boyfriends...
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: