More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 07:53:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  A very Jelenedra question about lot size...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: A very Jelenedra question about lot size...  (Read 5704 times)
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
A very Jelenedra question about lot size...
« on: 2007 June 21, 15:01:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know the dimensions of the lots by grid count? I'm kinda bored at work and I wanted to design a house, but I wanted to make sure I was accurate dimensions wise....

Very Jelenedra of me, I know, but searching for info on "lot size" just gets me the regular 3x3 and 4x4 crap...

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
Re: A very Jelenedra question about lot size...
« Reply #1 on: 2007 June 21, 16:06:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can tell you that a 1x1 is 10x10. I was originally planning on building my psuedo-Apocalypse house on a 1x1 but decided that making it 6x6 (stupid foundations not being able to be within 2 tiles of the edge) was too extreme. So from that, they should be:

1x1 =10x10
1x2 =10x20
1x3 =10x30
2x2 =20x20
2x3 =20x30
3x3 =30x30
3x4 =30x40
4x4 =40x40
4x5 =40x50
5x5 =50x50
*yes, just proving that I know how to multiply by 10.

Is there a 3x5? I don't build over a 3x3 anymore due to the way I designed Urban Paradise and University Land.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 June 21, 16:10:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you so much, it seems rather obvious now that you've explained it.

So very Jelenedra of me. =p

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 June 21, 17:11:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't forget that a 1x1 doesn't come standard with the game -- it requires a hack/mod/whatever that comes from MTS2 (I think). I believe 1x2 is the smallest lot in the game otherwise.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 June 21, 17:14:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The smallest lot is 1x3. Or 3x1. I forget exactly.
You can get mini residential lots here. In the post there is a link for mini community lots too. Just in case you want them. You really can't do much with a 1x1 lot though. Undecided

Hecubus
Nitwitted Nuisance

That's Numberwang!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 June 21, 17:19:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I built a rather cool four-story modern residence for a city 'hood once...each floor had a distinct function, with the stairs running in a sort of spiral around the outside.

I'd share it, but the hood borkinated before I remembered to save the lot.

I've also used 1x1s for things like newsstands and other small single-purpose community lots...again, for cityscapes.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

I think one of the things that keeps a person sane is healthy skepticism about what you believe. Every now and then enjoy a conversation with an inner voice that says, "You're full of shit again." —Stewart Brand
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 June 21, 17:34:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The smallest lot is 1x3. Or 3x1. I forget exactly.
You can get mini residential lots here. In the post there is a link for mini community lots too. Just in case you want them. You really can't do much with a 1x1 lot though. Undecided
Sure you can  Wink you just can't really have one as residential without it turning into a huge staircase of doom. I have a couple of 1x1 community gardens (crops, not flowers), a glorified newstand, a fake mini cemetary, an itty fishing hole, and "Put Something On!", a lot I may clear of custom content and share. Maybe. There's a bus stop in front and the store has three clothing racks, some decorative shelving, and a three-sided mirror area, plus a potty.

Unfortunately I don't have an outside pic handy. A 1x1 could work well as a coffee shop, too, if you are just aiming for the stand, a couple couches, and a couple bookcases. Not sure. I'll be playing around with them more soon as  Shocked I get to build again  Shocked as soon as Jasmine grows her butt up and marries someone to unlock Business.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 June 21, 19:15:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're right, you can do quite a lot with them, as long as you don't want your sims to actually live there Grin

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 June 21, 20:26:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1x1s do not function as residential lots because the lot dimensions are too small to allow the full 0800 carpool to arrive, making it impossible for sims to simultaneously have a carpool and arriving school bus without issues. Also, there's evidence the game may retain an internal memory of where the car portals are SUPPOSED to be and screw up your lot if it resets their locations after a sim moves out. Changing the lot size remains unadvised.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 June 21, 21:34:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've used the 1x2's for homes a few times before. Carpool and bus definitely can't be at the lot at the same time, that's for sure. What happens is that one or the other comes first (I think it was the carpool, but meh). The sim has to haul ass to get in the vehicle. Then it will drive off and the other will pull up. I moved my self-sim into a used 1x2 the other night and the taxi dropped her off just fine, but I haven't tried carpool and I definitely haven't popped out any kids.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Baronetess
vcline
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 June 21, 21:48:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So a 1x1 comm lot works because only the taxi or car ever stops there, and there's enough room for that one vehicle?
Goldenbow
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 June 21, 23:52:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I built a few 1x1 residential lots just for the challenge of seeing if it could be done and than seeing if it could be done again, differently. I made modern 4 story homes. But, for me, the size limitations made them kind of dull to play and I bulldosed them soon after. Haven't tried them as commercial lots, hmmmm.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 June 22, 03:11:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So a 1x1 comm lot works because only the taxi or car ever stops there, and there's enough room for that one vehicle?
Theoretically, 1x1 comm lots function. However, there is some question about whether the process of creating one with that lot expander is "clean" and correctly sets portals.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2007 June 22, 07:35:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You really can't do much with a 1x1 lot though. Undecided

Not true! I built a 2-story shack for my zombie horde and a 3-story potion shop for the witch who owns employs them. I was able to fit all of the stuff that would normally go into a regular house (except for a car, which I don't often include, anyway), and then some. It just takes some creativity, that's all.

ETA: I also have a few different 1x1 community lots, all owned by the same sim, and have never had problems with any of them. The portals seem to depend on which 'direction' (as nearly as one can approximate direction in a game with no compass points, anyway) the building faces, which side of the street it's on, etc.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 June 22, 15:05:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not true! I built a 2-story shack for my zombie horde and a 3-story potion shop for the witch who owns employs them.
Your zombies get a shack? Spoiled brats. Mine live in cheese wedges: The House of Brie and The House of Swiss. I think I have a photo of one of my sims "discovering" them....

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2007 June 22, 21:50:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your zombies get a shack? Spoiled brats.

Yes, but it only has 'near dirt' flooring and that hideous 'nekkid wood' panelling on the walls. Upstairs is 'Smitty's distressed floorboards' and unfinished walls. Community sleeping quarters, as well. The exterior has that equally horrible corrugated metal siding and only those tiny privacy windows. Oh, and I did manage to fit an invisible carport and non-invisible bicycle Grin onto one of my 1x1 lots, using moveObjects on, so that the bike appears to be leaning against the side of the foundation. It can be driven normally, however. Since my zombies all work for Fortuna (the witch who owns the potion-shop, and for near-slave wages I might add), the carpool for all of them arrives and leaves at the same time, and thus the multiple carpool/schoolbus thing is not an issue (especially the bus, since zombies can't reproduce).

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: