More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 05, 23:15:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540273 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  the podium phone.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: the podium phone.  (Read 5587 times)
aubreylaraine
Corpulent Cretin

not a morning person

View Profile
the podium phone.
« on: 2007 May 26, 20:51:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i am looking for the hack to stop the hostess from being on the phone constantly instead of helping customers. i could have sworn i saw here, and i think ive opened every hack here trying to find it. i am pretty sure it was named nopodiumphone or podiumphone fix or something like that. i looked into business runs you but it has fixes for a lot of stuff that i dont find annoying yet. hopefully there is one, otherwise i've started seeing things and need to get back on my meds.

opportunity may knock once, but temptation will bang on your door forever.
infj
those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: the podium phone.
« Reply #1 on: 2007 May 26, 21:01:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like something from Squingeland.

Yup: http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=9574&highlight=podium+phone
aubreylaraine
Corpulent Cretin

not a morning person

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 May 26, 21:09:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thank you thank you. i could have sworn it was here, what a goober. appreciate it much.

infj
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 May 27, 15:18:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Business Runs You will suppress this behavior without any non-Awesome globals, also. If you even are complaining about this behavior, your business is clearly running far, far below efficiency or profitability.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 May 28, 08:21:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, using Squinge's hack doesn't help. The podium Sim actually does stop using the phone, but still uses up the same amount of time before helping a customer. Instead of phoning, the Sim is messing with podium stuff (papers? menus?) instead.

My original plan was to have Squinge's hack in for those restaurants that are not Sim-owned so that MY sims who are on a date could get seated faster. Unfortunately, the amount of time that passes is the same with or without his hack.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
aubreylaraine
Corpulent Cretin

not a morning person

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 May 29, 16:26:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

shoot. sucks for me.
 Huh me? complain about the awsomeness that you bestow upon our lowly unworthy game? no, i was simply saying that i havent got irritated enough that it doesnt run as it should and when i do i will slink back here with my tail between my legs and beg mercy for not downloading it in the first place. which is exactly what i do everytime. it allows me to fully appreciate what is given.  Grin

infj
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 May 29, 16:44:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just need something to prevent townies from insisting upon requesting a seat at the bar way upstairs at Saish right before my playables get a chance at the podium. The first floor has a very high lofted ceiling, so the staircase is about 2 stories high and I have to wait for the hostess to go all the way upstairs, gesticulate, then come downstairs again.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 May 29, 17:05:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm inclined to chalk this up to a combination of understaffing and shitty design.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baronetess
vcline
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 May 29, 18:21:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What would be the best way to prevent this behavior?  No bars at a restaurant?  A bar with no stools?
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 May 30, 00:35:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm inclined to chalk this up to a combination of understaffing and shitty design.
It's not shitty, it's pretty. It's also highly inefficient due to the way the game works and the fact that townies seem to really, really like sitting at the bar.
What would be the best way to prevent this behavior?  No bars at a restaurant?  A bar with no stools?
Either, but the bar really goes with the club upstairs. The barstools will be going bye-bye, although no one will be visiting a community lot in the neighborhood for several generations. They have to be "rebuilt" after the "apocalypse" that occurred as the Oversoul got even for all the naughty non-zombified romance sims and the fact that Charisma the Freak decided to prolong her life by drinking all the residents but my heir. Since I'm doing the Seasons rules (modified) and am only using the heir and spouse to unlock restrictions, that means I have to unlock culinary, military, and business (my rule, just doesn't make sense to be able to buy meals but not items). Before that has to be education as well, since I'm using the degree requirement hack.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 May 30, 10:22:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not shitty, it's pretty.
The two are often closely correlated. The better it looks, the shittier it actually is.

It's also highly inefficient due to the way the game works and the fact that townies seem to really, really like sitting at the bar.
And due to your poor placement of seating and employee staffing, yes.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 May 30, 15:12:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's also highly inefficient due to the way the game works and the fact that townies seem to really, really like sitting at the bar.
And due to your poor placement of seating and employee staffing, yes.
Which would not be an issue if the simmies drank at the bar stools instead of eating there, and preferred the cushy chairs downstairs rather than the hard barstools upstairs in the noisy club. I understand in part why they coded it that way: Maxis-designed community lots favor diners, which of course often have you eating at the counter/bar. And really, unless they specified certain stools as barstools and certain ones as counter stools, there's no way to prevent it.

Eh, I'm still not saying it isn't inefficient design on my part knowing the rules, I just haven't been to a Maxis lot since...uh...right around when Nightlife came out other than a short foray to PURE and I generally don't do club/restaurants like that. So I forgot. I also forgot that if you place the dj booth on a riser with any real space around it, sims will try to dance on the riser behind the booth(so as to be on the same level with the booth) instead of on the huge dancefloor in front. That's going to take some fiddling, but I've fixed it before. Worst case scenario, it gets shoved down to the floor and I place a half-wall around it. No biggie. That's what playtesting is for.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 May 31, 14:04:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mr P - any chance you would release a AwesomeSpec for restaurants/bars?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: